Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway County Club Weir House

• 11-07-2009 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,
    Does anyone have any idea what Galway County Club is about at Weir House across from the cathedral?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

bobirl wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone have any idea what Galway County Club is about at Weir House across from the cathedral?

Privite club, mostly solicitors & Barristers, well that's what it used to be, not sure if that's changed....worked there a long long time ago when it was been renovated...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Basicly lads talking sh1te tbh, got dragged there by a solicitor and a barrister before (talk about keeping up with the stereotype) - not my scene, made my excuses and left...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bobirl

whats the place like? What do you mean by members club?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

bobirl wrote: »
    whats the place like? What do you mean by members club?

Basically an invite only to become a member club, from years back a member had to propose you for membership. You’d be vetted by the club, before acceptance.
    From what I remember, there’s a bar, meeting rooms etc, in times gone by, accommodation was also provided for visiting members; Visiting judiciary, for example.
    The newer addition to the building in the 1980’s included a snooker/billiards room.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭decko11

I notice this place has no website - anyone been there recently ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

decko11 wrote: »
    I notice this place has no website - anyone been there recently ?

Not for eleven years no. IBTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭westgolf

Not for eleven years no. IBTL.

IBTL ,Beaten to it by about a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Start a fresh thread please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement