Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's that piece...?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Yesssssss... that's the one... thanks for saving me from having to go through all my movies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Danny-B

Haha, no problem.

Incidentally, Broken Arrow is the only other Hans Zimmer score I can stand, and it also features Christian Bale.
    What a silly, but great movie. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48 timbrophy

Anyone know the piece of music in the Pantene ad?

Myleene Klass is playing the piano in the ad and it also features as the main melody in a song by Daft Punk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

timbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone know the piece of music in the Pantene ad?

Myleene Klass is playing the piano in the ad and it also features as the main melody in a song by Daft Punk

I'm pretty sure it's just an arrangement of Daft Punk's 'Aerodynamic' for that ad. I don't think Daft Punk actually sampled a piece for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Yeh its just a version of Aerodynamic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF-yy8J3pN0

She sort of annoys me though and im not sure why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Clinker

Danny-B wrote: »
    Sounds like the main theme to True Romance, one of the only Hans Zimmer scores I can bear. Not that the score itself is great, just I quite like that theme.

I'm sure you can find it on YouTube to check if it's what you meant.

I did a bit of YouTube research (I could hear the tune in my head as soon as it was described, and didn't know what it was). Apparently it's "Gassenhauer" from Carl Orff's Schulwerk. Its full title is or "Gassenhauer nach Hans Neusiedler (1536)" , which means "Street Song after Hans Neusiedler (1536)", so the tune is not original to Orff either! It has often been used in films and television, the film Badlands being another example:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

In the 1994 movie "The Madness of King George" there's one scene where the aristocratic audience listens to several handbell-ringers performing a simple yet beautiful piece of music. I've searched and I've google and I've spent hours on Youtube trying to find it, but I can't. In fact, I don't know what the piece is even called.

Any help is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

Furet wrote: »
    In the 1994 movie "The Madness of King George" there's one scene where the aristocratic audience listens to several handbell-ringers performing a simple yet beautiful piece of music. I've searched and I've google and I've spent hours on Youtube trying to find it, but I can't. In fact, I don't know what the piece is even called.

Any help is appreciated.

I vaguely remember it was Greensleeves, but I've not seen the film in years. It would make sense, as Greensleeves is popularly - though wrongly - thought to have been written by Henry VIII.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bestman

Does anyone know the classical music used at the end Peter Kay: Raider of Pop Charts Part 2 during the week. It was soft sounding but cant find it anywhere. Im fairly certain the same piece of music was by RTE for a Champions League advert a few years ago (not the usual commissioned piece). Any help id be grateful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

darjeeling wrote: »
    I vaguely remember it was Greensleeves, but I've not seen the film in years. It would make sense, as Greensleeves is popularly - though wrongly - thought to have been written by Henry VIII.

Thank you very much! That's the one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Anyone listen to RTE Radio One? There is an advert on it for the Keating exhibition at the Hunt Museum in Limerick, there is a piano piece playing in the backgorund of the advert.

Anyone have any idea? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭sparklepants

Anyone listen to RTE Radio One? There is an advert on it for the Keating exhibition at the Hunt Museum in Limerick, there is a piano piece playing in the backgorund of the advert.

Anyone have any idea? :o
    I think it's "Woodbrook" from Irish composer Micheál Ó Suilleabháin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I think it's "Woodbrook" from Irish composer Micheál Ó Suilleabháin.

Thats the one!!! Thank you very much! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭timberland

Hi Guys
    Im looking for the name of the piece of music they use in the radio ad for RTE supporting the arts. any ideas would be greatly appreciated

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 skodacbradio

can anyone please tell me the song clip that is used from 3:20 on i have heard it so many times but dont know who sings it or anything any help would be much appreciated here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVK_3TOShAY

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Intothesea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 skodacbradio

thank you so so much :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

hey anybody know the piece of music in the background here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FAr9fovino

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭gnolan

Was up late one night recently and Backdraft was one - yeah, the Kurt Russell one. When I heard the theme music at the start i knew it immediately from something else - alas, after a few hours searching i can't identify it.

At first i thought it was the same music from the West Wing but it's not. It has that military-style percussion to it. The part i recognize in the song kicks in around 37 seconds. Hope someone on here recognizes it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Xk38J0cYo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

RTE Rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭gnolan

Sandwich wrote: »
    RTE Rugby.

SPOT ON!! Thanks a million, i can finally sleep

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Merged with the "What's the piece?" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Hey,

Not sure if this is a classical piece or not, but maybe you guys could help anyway. Just need to find the name of the first piece of music in this remix.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭RINO87

Hey guys, im going mad trying to find the name of the music thats on the current Cadbury u-21 football championships tv ad. It shows a guy doing sit-ups. I love the piece from years ago but cant put a name on it to find it again. I thought it was from Amelie, but its not on the soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Whats the name of that mozart piece, its on piano only, its lilting and somewhat melancholic despite being in a major key. Its got some fifths in it, the notes would be something like C # d c# e, e, b, c#, b, d, d, a, a, b, b, c#, e, d c#, b.

Also does anyone know this tune, I think its by chopann, again only on piano and it sounds very wistful and melancholic, the notes are

b, b, b, a, d, b, c#, d, g, f# e, and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

That first one is is Mozart's Sonata in A major K331 No. 11

Here's an interesting recording of Rachmaninoff playing it!

Trying to get the second one now....

EDIT: No joy... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Hey there,
    Don't know if this is the correct place to post, I posted it in the general music forum aswell but through it might be more relevant here!

Does anyone know the name of the piece of classical music in last nights greys anatomy on RTE2?

The episode was called the Time Warp and music was played at the end of the show when Richard reads out the Doctors oath.

Its a commonly enough piece of music used in films, tv shoes etc.
    Thanks!!

Here it is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfrVV...eature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I was talking to a friend who told me about a piece where, at some point in the performance, all the performers (orchestra, I think) pick up their sheet music and shake it to make a noise like wind or rain or something. It might have been composed by a woman, and it might be called something like 'Scorched Earth', she's couldn't remember exactly. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

becah wrote: »
    Hey there,
    Don't know if this is the correct place to post, I posted it in the general music forum aswell but through it might be more relevant here!

Does anyone know the name of the piece of classical music in last nights greys anatomy on RTE2?

The episode was called the Time Warp and music was played at the end of the show when Richard reads out the Doctors oath.

Its a commonly enough piece of music used in films, tv shoes etc.
    Thanks!!

Here it is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfrVV...eature=related

Hey, thats not working for me, wanna try again and I'll see if I can help you? Dunno if its just me! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Advertisement