Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off-topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Met Paul Mcgrath a few years back, lovely fella.

If you want a good laugh some evening watch the inbetweeners on e4, not sure what night they show it. Great show with plenty of laughs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

ruiseal wrote: »
    Andy Reid

Haven't met him, but he was in the Wetherspoons in Stansted a few years ago after a game, wearing a brown suede suit that make him look like a sex offender :pac:
    RingoSpur wrote: »
    Met Paul Mcgrath a few years back, lovely fella.

If you want a good laugh some evening watch the inbetweeners on e4, not sure what night they show it. Great show with plenty of laughs

Good shout mate, quality TV. 1st season was better over all, but the Duke of Edinburgh Awards episode in the 2nd season was great, OAPedo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Haven't met him, but he was in the Wetherspoons in Stansted a few years ago after a game, wearing a brown suede suit that make him look like a sex offender :pac:

He wasn't wearing the brown suede suit when I met him at Spurs Lodge, just training gear...I don't think I'd have approached him if I saw him in the brown suit!:D

Fúck this, I'm coughing like an aul fella with a dose of TB, went for pints last night after work and I'm just getting over a bad viral infection so that wasn't the smartest move ever...thing is, I have to go for pints tomorrow night with an old colleague who's retired to Mallorca but is back in the country for a week, and he's a demon for a pint so he'll leave me in sh1te order.

Was supposed to go to Cork at the weekend but I've had to cancel that as I still need to recover properly from this dose, and I'll be out Thursday night as well...reckon I'll be in bed all weekend, I'm getting old...:o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

tell me about it ronan, i going airsofting and binge drinking in dublin two weeks in a row next week then a 24hr camping session in curracloe the following week.

Gonna feel as old the queen looks.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, been awake since 4 this morning, think I coughed a lung up during the night. Gonna be a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ziedth wrote: »
    So who's the most famous footballer you'e met?

For me was prob jack charlton, I idolised him as a young lad in the italy 90/usa 94 era. Nice man too TBF.

i went to one of these soccer schools that was run for a week over summer when I was about 12, and Ozzie Ardiles was supposed to be there to train with us.
    Imagaine my disappointment when he didnt show up and we had to make do with Pat Jennings.
    That was the day I decided never to perm my hair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Fúck this, I'm coughing like an aul fella with a dose of TB, went for pints last night after work and I'm just getting over a bad viral infection so that wasn't the smartest move ever...thing is, I have to go for pints tomorrow night with an old colleague who's retired to Mallorca but is back in the country for a week, and he's a demon for a pint so he'll leave me in sh1te order.

Was supposed to go to Cork at the weekend but I've had to cancel that as I still need to recover properly from this dose, and I'll be out Thursday night as well...reckon I'll be in bed all weekend, I'm getting old...:o
    Tough going, you'll be in bits. I'm off to Slane on sat and if i make it back to Tipp in one piece I'm off to the Tipp V Clare hurling match in limerick on Sunday..there will be lot of lager drank on both days..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Walking in the procession in Ferns last Sunday (son, the spurs one, is a communicant this year) feeling like an extra in reeling in the years, when Paul McGrath came out of the supermarket with a box of groceries (sorry to say, mostly liquid). Our greatest ever footballer -who could have been the Dave Mackay of the late 80's-90's for Spurs if Venebles had had his way- then had to make his way through the zombie army and sit in his car, trapped, as the parade wandered by. It felt like the moment in the Katy Perry video when the unicorn appears. In the week that was in it, for someone who grew up in an orphanage, it was a shocking occurence. The man should be elected President next year, not be stuck in the back of Ferns. Still a legend, in every sense of the word. respect

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Ya a True Legend,

His book is some read. When he was involved with waterford united Everyone knew it was going to end badly but still for the few weeks he was there there was some buzz around the club.

• Advertisement

I love a good defender, and McGrath ruled Giant's Stadium against Italy in 1994. It was one of the best performances I've ever seen from a defender, he was a truly amazing footballer. I keep eaning to buy his book, I'll try pick it up this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I love a good defender, and McGrath ruled Giant's Stadium against Italy in 1994. It was one of the best performances I've ever seen from a defender, he was a truly amazing footballer. I keep eaning to buy his book, I'll try pick it up this weekend.

You can have my copy Mate

ok here's one for ya lads,

Which would you prefer to see? (be honest)

Spurs win the prem

Ireland win the WC

Ireland win rugby world cup

Your county win the all ireland

Another win something

For me even though i'm prob in for it i'd say ireland win the WC in 2010 no question. Spurs being second.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Don't care much for the egg chasing.

Gaa is a passing interest thing for me so not a contender.

Ireland winning the world cup vs Spurs winning the premier league is a tough tough tough question.

I'd have to go for my country without question so it's Ireland winning the world cup that would be at number 1 but if absolutely honest would probably get more enjoyment out of Spurs winning. :confused:

Don't think I could handle all the w*nkers screaming ole ole ole if Ireland won a WC, so I'd go with a league win for Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

spurs to win the league.
    At least the fallout of that is that we would be in the CL and get to sign some good players.
    ireland winning the WC would be nothing, coz they would go out and lose to the Faroes or something straight away.

Look at greece ffs!

I have not been in the cinema in ages, but I'm looking forward to this:

http://www.d-9.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

ziedth wrote: »
    ok here's one for ya lads,

Which would you prefer to see? (be honest)

Spurs win the prem

Ireland win the WC

Ireland win rugby world cup

Your county win the all ireland

Another win something

For me even though i'm prob in for it i'd say ireland win the WC in 2010 no question. Spurs being second.

ENGLAND winning the world Cup....:D

anyone at slane yesterday? One of the best gigs i've ever been at, Oasis were on top form.

Heard it was a long slog out home when it was over?

Off to Punchestown next weekend for AC/DC, looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

We hired a mini bus Ro and it was great craic but the gig ended at 10.30 and our bus didn't get on to the n2 till 3.15, a disaster it was. Its a good thing the gig was as good as it was. I have no doubt Shane will be heading down for AC DC with you.

Ya that film looks deadly Ronan,

I love how it looks like a documentary at the start.

I going to see Bill Bailey up in Duplin next weekend, Has anyone seen him? I've never so much as seen him tell a joke outside of black books.

anyone at slane yesterday? One of the best gigs i've ever been at, Oasis were on top form.
    Agreed..it was brilliant..:cool:

Heard it was a long slog out home when it was over?

Off to Punchestown next weekend for AC/DC, looking forward to it.
    I was back in Tipp before people got back to Dublin on the bus..and I'm off to AC/DC next weekend aswell, should be great.

We hired a mini bus Ro and it was great craic but the gig ended at 10.30 and our bus didn't get on to the n2 till 3.15, a disaster it was. Its a good thing the gig was as good as it was. I have no doubt Shane will be heading down for AC DC with you.
    That's crazy alright.we

left Slane at 11 o clock and were back in South Tipp at 2 a.m, 140 mile journey..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

the trick to getting home to dublin from slane is to aim for belfast! navan is just too packed. head for m1 a bit beyond drogheda, and cut back. easy peasy! the trick to get home from punchestown is blessington. blessington is your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

AC/DC sounds good...think I might take a wander over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Yeah slane was some gig,didnt get back to the hostel in dublin until 4 am,but the gig made it all worhtwhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

Feck...had to walk from Goff's to Punchestown as the shuttle bus service was a joke...

Got Drenched..

Had to walk back again...

But it was worth it...

I am drained though.

• Advertisement

Was a class gig, we went through Blessington stopping for pints along the way, no traffic trouble, parked in the red car park and were let out of that pretty early on the way home.

Seems Goffs was a nightmare, I'm glad we gave that a swerve.

Advertisement