Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI Radio's

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

i cant trust me self with them after i lost one of mine out skirmishing:D but not a bad price for those ones.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

pity about the colour though

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

They had brilliant ones about two months ago. Looked nice (olive drab or tan colours) for twenty euro for two. Range on them is 8km but the range was further when we tested them. They were also 8 channel with 30 sub channels. BTW what are sub channels for?LoL

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sub channels mean you can have more than 8 groups communicating. Usefull as PMR is public and you can get overlap as they are really common.

Thos ones are very basic. Lidl did some a few months ago. Red and gray, but cam with headsets and docking stations and had all the features you could need. €30 a pair. 10/10 here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Those ones are very basic. Lidl did some a few months ago. Red and gray, but cam with headsets and docking stations and had all the features you could need. €30 a pair. 10/10 here.

Yep, agreed - get the Lidl ones instead - they come up for sale every now and then, and they are flippin great for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Oh I didn't realize the Lidl radio's were that good (I thought these were the same as the Lidl ones). Had I know that I wouldn't have even bothered with this thread then.

I would suggest taking Lethal's advice and wait for Lidl to release their radio's. I don't think you'll have to wait too long as Lidl and Aldi usually release the same stuff around the same time for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

From the looks of it they're binatone, or something like that.

And those radios can only be picked up from other binatone radios, so basically you'll be the only one that can hear yourself.

but reguardless if they are the mentioned type of radio, they're pretty useless unless you only want to talk to yourself, or the very few people who have the same type of radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

From the looks of it they're binatone, or something like that.

And those radios can only be picked up from other binatone radios, so basically you'll be the only one that can hear yourself.

but reguardless if they are the mentioned type of radio, they're pretty useless unless you only want to talk to yourself, or the very few people who have the same type of radio.

the older binatone radios were bad pre 07/08 the new ones aint bad at all i have a set and they are fine

Advertisement