Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First pic of brendan Gleeson as Winston churchill

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

Not sure why he lost weight for the role, Churchill was a fat mess most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,026 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Not sure why he lost weight for the role, Churchill was a fat mess most of the time.

+1... will be interesting to see what he can do with his voice also

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

You sure thats him?, i keep looking at the pic and i would never ever think that was Brendan Gleeson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

Yeah but more importantly, you'd never think that was meant to be Churchill.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hard to tell it's Gleeson alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Thats not Gleeson that looks like some actor from Casualty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1182/1061504123_98846009c6_b.jpg

here's a pic of a car from the movie. I did not think it was him either, but if you look at the eyes, I think it is, the source is from the IMBD page for 'Into the Storm'.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0992993/board/thread/122292078

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1182/1061504123_98846009c6_b.jpg

here's a pic of a car from the movie. I did not think it was him either, but if you look at the eyes, I think it is, the source is from the IMBD page for 'Into the Storm'.

That Car looks like Churchill alright. No likeness to Brendan Gleeson though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Lads are you looking at the same Pic as me? I can well tell that its BG, Sure he looks different but its def him.

Any unusally for me I didn't hear of this film till now. Its an odd cast choice for him to be sure but TBF he is an excelent actor! Is it a Biopic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

No way that's Gleeson. If it is I shall eat my hat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Savman wrote: »
    No way that's Gleeson. If it is I shall eat my hat.

Orders Hat for Savman :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I tell you how it's not anyways - it's not Colin Farrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

I'm Gleeson.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

marti101 wrote: »
    Thats not Gleeson that looks like some actor from Casualty

that's exactly who I thought it was too. Can't think of his name though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1231/1061504047_6c64bfa8d7_b.jpg
    from the upcoming movie 'into the storm'

Dont think I would have recognised him at first glance, looks like he lost a lot of weight for the role.

Thats not Gleeson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Looks like Gleeson to me, look past the shaved head and facial expression and you'll see it.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Looks like Gleeson to me, look past the shaved head and facial expression and you'll see it.:p

Deffo not Gleeson - as was said earlier looks like that dude from Casualty and he was also in Alien 3. Can't think of his name right now....grrr.

EDIT:

Just got him

http://images.google.ie/images?q=%22Clive%20Mantle%22&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enIE243IE243&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

chin_grin wrote: »
    Deffo not Gleeson - as was said earlier looks like that dude from Casualty and he was also in Alien 3. Can't think of his name right now....grrr.

EDIT:

Just got him

http://images.google.ie/images?q=%22Clive%20Mantle%22&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enIE243IE243&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Wikipedia say it is Gleeson.:pac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_The_Storm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

LFCFan wrote: »
    that's exactly who I thought it was too. Can't think of his name though

Dr. Gleeson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Wikipedia say it is Gleeson.:pac:

It must be true so:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It must be true so:rolleyes:

Why don't you google the two names and I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever source confirms it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

This dosent look much like Gleeson either, but it is.

_40966996_moody.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I know i tried the bbc website but couldnt get his name.Hes out of other things as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paulwm

The tall guy in the earlier image is Clive Mantle who also appears in the film with Mr Gleeson but he is a lot taller. You will see when they are side by side in shots.

Cheers

Ooh. This should be good.

Looking over his IMDB page it seems like he hasn't been in a movie where he hasn't been a phenomenal actor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paulwm

Clive Mantle - actually quite a good actor but he is in the film WITH Brendan Glesson - who plays Churchill. BG wasn't an obvious choice to play the part to my mind but he really does look quite like him. A shock to see him with all of his locks chopped off though.

Saw them together in Dorset whilst a scene was being shot.

Cheers

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

paulwm wrote: »
    The tall guy in the earlier image is Clive Mantle who also appears in the film with Mr Gleeson but he is a lot taller. You will see when they are side by side in shots.

Cheers

I knew it was the chap from Casualty. Dr. Mike Barrett. Good to know I'm not going mental :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I just google imaged Gleeson and it turns out he was Hamish in Braveheart? That is amazing.

bh1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

that's brendan gleeson alright..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Has anyone seen this, then?

Advertisement