Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chem trails

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

This is getting retarded ffs

read my posts... I don't know how/why/who

So to be clear you don't know how they are doing it, why they are doing it, or who is doing, but you think it's suspicious?

I only posted my experiences of seeing what I saw

and yes, I have watched contrails disappear

The alternative explanation is that jet engine design has evolved over the last 30 years, and the manner in which air is sucked in, and cooled, and injected from engines has changed in our lifetimes.

Let me use an analogy remember how leaded petrol smelled and spewed exhaust as a child? Remeber how we changed from leaded to unleaded petrol. Well airplane engines have evolution in the same time period.

No one has ever given an adequate explanation for chem trailers or what they are supposed to do, or how they are delivered, or if they are infecting the entire planet for (it's been nearly a decade since I've heard about them) why they'd spare for a decade and not have any demonstrable effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

briktop wrote: »
    im just guessing the height , it may have been higher or lower , and some were a slight bit lower than others .

why 35000 feet ?, well if i knew that , id probably know the whole reason then , and wouldnt be posting it here -

The details aren't all that important, to be honest. I was more pointing out that whlie the planes may have looked to be at comparable heights, they could have been vertically seperated by a mile or more. You can have serious changes in conditions over that type of distance.
    but normal contrails do not stick around for long ,
    As some other posters have since pointed out - this belief is the crux of the matter. If this statement is true, then something is fishy. If this statement is false, then there is absolutely nothing weird going on here at all.

My suggestion would be to look at the explanation(s) of experts as to why some contrails persist and some do not, and then see if you can either figure out what is wrong with it, or even point at what about it doesn't sit right.

As a parting comment, I would also mention that what I find suspicious is this. There are hundreds or thousands of people who are adamant that something is fishy. Many claim to regularly witness these effects. Some have phoned radio stations, others have created websites, and no doubt more have done other actions.

Amongst this group, not one person appears to have taken the initiative to set up video camera, captured the effect they describe, and then made either the video or a time-compressed version of it available.

We see photos of an effect that no-one questions exists. We see photos which appear to be normal cloud formations. We occasionally see photos taken hours apart from more-or-less the same venue.

Don't you find that weird? That amongst all of these people who profess to take this seriously, not one of them seems interested in actually acquiring the evidence to show that this "trail spreading out to cover the sky" effect is real and visibly different to normal cloud-formation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

bonkey wrote: »

Amongst this group, not one person appears to have taken the initiative to set up video camera, captured the effect they describe, and then made either the video or a time-compressed version of it available.

There are videos on YouTube of the supposed chemtrails being formed..

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=chemtrails+ireland&search_sort=video_date_uploaded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭ilivetolearn

bonkey wrote: »
    Don't you find that weird? That amongst all of these people who profess to take this seriously, not one of them seems interested in actually acquiring the evidence to show that this "trail spreading out to cover the sky" effect is real and visibly different to normal cloud-formation ?

I concur. I'm not disputing the validity of the claims but if the evidence is accessible then get out there and get it. Hell, I'll do it myself if someone can point out a likely locus above Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭briktop

funny , just saw a fighter jet go over must have been doing near mach 2 high enough . ( im near a base ) left a trail that vanished in a bout 20 secs

i would have expected a modern fighter jet to leave a trail if the evolving engine theory is to hold.

fact is , contrails used to vanish , now many of them do not .

i have seen planes that have been at the same level as a trailer leave no trail, and a following plane leave a trail - and planes obviously above and below do the same thing .

flight paths are broken out in to motorways in the sky , and on some corridors planes will all be stacked up down and around with a couple of k feet between.

if you fly back over the alps from , say turkey or some such , you will look out and see planes all around , some at same flight level , as each other but behind , other above , and below .
    some leave trails , some dont in the exact same bit of sky ,

jet engines have not changed much since they were invented , its a very simple device , air goes in , is compressed , fuel is injected , it explodes out the tail pipe - jet fuel has not changed in any way either - its simple kerosene.

the other thing is this , since the trails are pretty much an obvious indicator of an issue with the engines / from a pollution point of view - ( why should our skys be covered in thin cloud just so people can travel ?

envirenmentalists should be up in arms with the obvious increase in cloud cover .

im old enough , and DO NOT ever recall seeing the amount of trails we see today - its not normal , if anything we should be seeing less trails
    if engines and environmentalists were working on the issues - but we are seeing MORE .

something not right about that .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But all those videos show only contrails or clouds. They don't show what bonkey was talking about.

the other thing is this , since the trails are pretty much an obvious indicator of an issue with the engines / from a pollution point of view - ( why should our skys be covered in thin cloud just so people can travel ?

envirenmentalists should be up in arms with the obvious increase in cloud cover .
    So if there's an "obvious increase in cloud cover" then surely you can show some scientific evidence to that effect?

I'm not a meteorologist but I'm pretty sure that those thin wispy high level clouds aren't formed by planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

if engines and environmentalists were working on the issues - but we are seeing MORE .

Do you know what a contrail is? The only way for there to be less would be to get planes out of the air. Its not possible to run the engines on fossil fuel and not be left with water vapour, no matter how efficient the engines get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

funny , just saw a fighter jet go over must have been doing near mach 2 high enough . ( im near a base ) left a trail that vanished in a bout 20 secs

So much guesswork going on here about speeds and altitudes. How do you know its going near mach 2? If the trail disappeared after 20 seconds its hardly a chemtrail then is it?

i would have expected a modern fighter jet to leave a trail if the evolving engine theory is to hold.
    Why?
    fact is , contrails used to vanish , now many of them do not .

The fact is that many people who believe in chemtrails (or that there's something odd, somehow, about modern contrails) say that they remember that trails used to behave differently. Its not a fact that they did so...its an unverifiable claim. Its almost-certainly unfalsifiable, given that we'd need the same type of video evidence (hours long, of the same area of sky, showing persistent contrail behaviour similar to that seen today) that I maintain we need today to establish the fact of the claims regarding "strange" behaviour.

Also, bear in mind that atmospheric conditions (from pollution) have changed in that time. The exhaust content from planes has changed. The number of planes in the air has changed. These factors also have to be taken into account.

We need to be careful about what is claimed as fact. Facts are evidence-based...and from what I can see the only evidence we have that contrails "used to vanish" is a number of people saying that they remember it that way.
    i have seen planes that have been at the same level as a trailer leave no trail, and a following plane leave a trail

- and planes obviously above and below do the same thing .

flight paths are broken out in to motorways in the sky , and on some corridors planes will all be stacked up down and around with a couple of k feet between.

if you fly back over the alps from , say turkey or some such , you will look out and see planes all around , some at same flight level , as each other but behind , other above , and below .
    some leave trails , some dont in the exact same bit of sky ,
    None of this is conflicting with the conventional explanation of how contrails form, and why they sometimes persist.
    im old enough , and DO NOT ever recall seeing the amount of trails we see today -
    I bet you don't ever recall seeing the same amount of traffic on the roads either.

There are more planes flying today than ever before. More planes == more contrails.
    its not normal , if anything we should be seeing less trails

something not right about that .

There is something "not right". You're assuming that cleaner exhausts would create less contrails. I believe the opposite is true. The cleaner an engine burns, the more it emits exhaust which is suited to forming contrails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

Over the years in different forums. I've come across the chemtrail conspiracy nonsense several times. One thing that feeds it is sheer lazy ignorance and certain people with an agenda. Particularly one Clifford Carnicom who has presumably being making a good living out of this for years.

It's amazing how many people don't let their ignorance of a subject stop them from making things up as they go along. It's not as if contrails were an unknown phenomenon. Google it and you will get all the info you need. Including exactly why there have been persistent contrails over Ireland lately. I'll give you a clue: The good weather lately has been something to do with it. How contrails form and how long they last is all dependant on the atmospheric conditions on the day. Lately conditons have been more suitable for long lasting contrails at certain altitudes where aircraft fly. It's also worth mentioning that modern aircraft with high bypass turbofan engines produce bigger trails. So if it seems there are more contrails it's because there are, one reason being the turbofans and another being the simple fact that's there's more traffic.

But to address the chemtrail issue. There are huge flaws in the theory. First you don't need to fly that high to spray. In fact that would be stupid. The material would drift for hundreds of miles before hitting the ground if you dropped it at 35,000 feet. It can be done completely invisibly too. No need to draw attention by trailing a white banner over the sky. Also for our Irish readers, why on earth would anyone want to spray us? I know Fianna Fail is bad, but even they couldn't justify that.

No, the whole chemtrails thing is partly a giant hoax and partly the imaginings of a deranged mind. All fed by stupid, ignorant people too lazy to do even basic research into what is easily explainable.

Really it's true what they say. You can never underestimate people's stupidity.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

diverdriver, its looks like you are dangerously close to calling people in this forum stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

6th wrote: »
    diverdriver, its looks like you are dangerously close to calling people in this forum stupid?

Its not a spade, its an elongated manual digging device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

I would like to state at this juncture that at no time was I referring to any person living or dead on this forum. Any resemblance is purely coincidental. Beside it's very carefully worded. I'm just referring to notional stupid people. :D I'm quite sure the people on this forum have even now googled contrails, have read and digested the informaton therein and made up their own minds. (The truth is often quite boring though.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

But to address the chemtrail issue. There are huge flaws in the theory.
    Exactly which theory are you referring to ?
    First you don't need to fly that high to spray. In fact that would be stupid. The material would drift for hundreds of miles before hitting the ground if you dropped it at 35,000 feet. It can be done completely invisibly too. No need to draw attention by trailing a white banner over the sky. Also for our Irish readers, why on earth would anyone want to spray us? I know Fianna Fail is bad, but even they couldn't justify that.
    The above is one theory which i do not subscribe to , i don't think the purpose of chemtrails is to spray us , i think it is about increasing the electrical conductivity of the athmosphere for purposes of weather control and manipulation using microscopic metallic particles and the reason the are visible is because water vapour condenses around these metallic particles .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

espinolman wrote: »
    i think it is about increasing the electrical conductivity of the athmosphere for purposes of weather control and manipulation using microscopic metallic particles and the reason the are visible is because water vapour condenses around these metallic particles .

An interesting idea.

The above is one theory which i do not subscribe to , i don't think the purpose of chemtrails is to spray us , i think it is about increasing the electrical conductivity of the athmosphere for purposes of weather control and manipulation using microscopic metallic particles and the reason the are visible is because water vapour condenses around these metallic particles .

Huge problems with this theory.

How do you know chemtrails have metallic particles?
    What's stopping them from failing to the ground?
    How would this increase the conductivity of the atmosphere in any significant way?
    How would this enable weather control?
    Can you point to any instance that is undeniably a product of the weather control?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Exactly which theory are you referring to ?

Wasn't there a particularly good series about the weather (made by the BBC, not the weather, the programme) relating to what you've said about a year or so ago ? All seemed plausible if also somewhat far fetched as it was made for TV after-all.

While I wouldn't totally distance myself from saying the weather could not some day be controlled (maliciously or otherwise), I wouldn't even begin to think it has anything to do with vapours released from aircraft flying overhead. Far as I know, though I'm no engineer/scientist, the vapours are just a byproduct, exhaust fumes if you will. That's it, nothing else to it.

If they are not exhaust fumes then it's the passing of air and moisture (and whatever other particles are in the air) at high speeds through the turbines that create the trail afterwards.

6th wrote: »
    An interesting idea.

Also one which would be trivial to test.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

this goes back to the aul Cloud seeding with Silver iode

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding

but as I have said before, if it was something cool and reasonably non sinister like this wouldnt they be braggin about it?

this goes back to the aul Cloud seeding with Silver iode

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding

but as I have said before, if it was something cool and reasonably non sinister like this wouldnt they be braggin about it?

It may be that they started chemtrailing in the early eighties because they were desparate , you see apparently the earths' protective layer was damaged in the late fifties or early sixties by aerial nuclear tests , radiation was coming in causing species to go extinct , as they go extinct global warming occurs .
    You know that they created a new van allen belt with their tests , see they did change earth's protective layer.
    The superpowers are hardly going to admit that they fcuked up the planet.

• Advertisement

See theres an interestin point, if they manageds to creatre a new Van allen belt in the fifties through Nuclear testing, is it possible that the original Van Allen Belt came about as a result of my theorised ancient Nuclear war??

See theres an interestin point, if they manageds to creatre a new Van allen belt in the fifties through Nuclear testing, is it possible that the original Van Allen Belt came about as a result of my theorised ancient Nuclear war??
    They created small artifical belts well below the altitude of the Van Allen belts.

They had no effect on any protective layer.

And how exactly would chemtrails fix this?

And seriously? Ancient nuclear war? What evidence do you have that the Van Allen belts came from one?
    Or did you just guess?

King Mob wrote: »
    They created small artifical belts well below the altitude of the Van Allen belts.

Well acording to this the radiation belt from the starfish magaton bomb in 1962 will continue to push to higher altitudes.
    The Atomics Weapons Establishment also has a time-motion film of the Monte Carlo simulation of the evolution and decay of the radiation belt from Starfish here. This remarkable film is logarithmically scaled so you get to see the way the intensities vary above the Earth's surface from 100 seconds to nearly 100 years after the burst. As the time goes on, the radiation belt pushes up to higher altitudes and becomes more concentrated over the magnetic equator.

From here : Effects of Nuclear Weapons Tests: Scientific Facts that Discredit Anti-Civil Defence Dogma :
    http://glasstone.blogspot.com/2006/03/starfish-fireball-photograph.html

And how exactly would chemtrails fix this?
    As far as i know it can't be fixed , it is a slow motion disaster and the purpose of chemtrails i think is to have some control over the disaster where it cannot be fixed .
    And seriously? Ancient nuclear war? What evidence do you have that the Van Allen belts came from one?
    Well operation starfish prime created a radiation belt , so this would indicate it is a plausible theory .

Well acording to this the radiation belt from the starfish magaton bomb in 1962 will continue to push to higher altitudes.

From here : http://glasstone.blogspot.com/2006/03/starfish-fireball-photograph.html
    So then how is it causing any damage to the environment?
    As far as i know it can't be fixed , it is a slow motion disaster and the purpose of chemtrails i think is to have some control over the disaster where it cannot be fixed .
    And how do you know this? Why would they bother doing something that has no effect but must cost billions to cover up.

Can you show a single effect of the supposed damage?

Well operation starfish prime created a radiation belt , so this would indicate it is a plausible theory .
    A small one after it was detonated in high altitude. There is no indication that a nuclear war would cause radiation belts like the Van Allan belts.

Oh and the complete lack of any evidence of a ancient nuclear war makes in implausible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Disky

Quite a lot of spraying over north Dublin in the last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Ok.

My take on it is they are not Chemtrails, they are Contrails. Now the fact that they are not dispersing in the manner in which they should is not due to the chemical make up of the contrails.

It's because there is something different in the atmosphere.

The quote is from a pal in the states with whom I've been discussing this business with...
    I just had a nice conversation with a retired jet engine designer. Showed him some pics I'd taken that day of aircraft and contrails. The truly interesting photo showed two large aircraft at high altitude, flying side by side at roughly the same level. One plane was leaving a persistent contrail and the other wasn't. His guess was these were planes with fan jet engines and the water vapour was a byproduct of the jet fuel consumption. Still, he had some problems with it all--especially with the persistence of the contrails, which is the new feature, and the different results the two planes were getting. Earlier contrails of a decade or two ago consited of ice crystals that almost immediately melted in sunlight. These new ones are forming in a different way--perhaps a mix of ice and water vapor or water vapor and dust. Aside from the chemtrail fans, nobody seems to care or be interested in providing a solid answer that explains the difference between persistent and non-persistent contrails.

A wild guess is there is also more fine dust in the atmosphere, and I'm wondering if that's the real issue. Supposedly, because the solar wind has been at a record low for a while--even stopping dead a few years back (Unheard of before)--there is at least 3 times the usual amount of interstellar dust in the solar system. It seems to be settling at the top of the atmosphere and some think it's responsible for the also recent odd phenomenon of noctilucent clouds. The dust is micro-fine and an irritant too, and it's also interesting that asthma has also been on the increase.

Here's how a cloud forms
    http://www.lessonplanspage.com/Sciencecloudslesson.htm
    .... and note the need for dust or smoke (which are particles).

Without particles there is nothing for the water vapour to hang on too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Disky

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/science/sciencenews/5411412/New-type-of-cloud-found.html

Looks like the "experts" are covering their tracks.

Could it be any more obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Supposedly, because the solar wind has been at a record low for a while--even stopping dead a few years back (Unheard of before)

Hmm. That's pretty weird. Here's an article on that for anyone interested.

It seems to be settling at the top of the atmosphere and some think it's responsible for the also recent odd phenomenon of noctilucent clouds. The dust is micro-fine and an irritant too, and it's also interesting that asthma has also been on the increase.

Can the altitude jets fly at really be considered the top of the atmosphere though?

Undergod wrote: »
    Can the altitude jets fly at really be considered the top of the atmosphere though?

Nope, not by any stretch.

• Advertisement

ah but the atmosphere is a fluid thing ;)

Advertisement