Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't play older games on vista?

Options
  • 20-05-2009 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

I have noticed that some older games I have (e.g. the first Rainbow Six) won't run on vista even when I change the compatibility mode etc. It installs fine, the intro videos run fine, then it crashes "RainbowSix.exe has stopped working etc....". Reboots do nothing either. I'd love to play this game again but I fear this is terminal??
    Any ideas appreciated....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hmmm....I reckon you should check the manufacturer's website to see if they released a patch for vista. I haven't 'upgraded' to vista yet myself - Still on the ould XP!

Kevin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have noticed that some older games I have (e.g. the first Rainbow Six) won't run on vista even when I change the compatibility mode etc. It installs fine, the intro videos run fine, then it crashes "RainbowSix.exe has stopped working etc....". Reboots do nothing either. I'd love to play this game again but I fear this is terminal??
    Any ideas appreciated....

havent any problems on it at all. if you're running it through steam, you have to disable the ingame chat, it wont start with it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

It's not available yet but Good Old Games should have Rainbow Six soon and it will be Vista compatible. Of course you have to pay but it should work out at around €4.50. They already have a decent selection of older games (Fallout!) that work fine on Vista.

Edit: It's available now but its $9.99/€7.25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

stupid question. but do you have the latest patches and drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

I've downloaded every patch, updated drivers etc. I presume if there's a vista compatible version available my original disc is obsolete anyway, theres's no way i'd pay for the same game twice. Thanks anyway lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement