Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMC thurles cinema

• 14-05-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭

just there today for the 1st time and it has blown me away, the sound and picture quality is unreal

I usually go to clonmel but not anymore

IMC is thy cinema to go to
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Is this just a new cinema then,do you know if it can show those 3D films that come out now and again...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tippspur wrote: »
    Is this just a new cinema then,do you know if it can show those 3D films that come out now and again...

yap only cinema that does 3D in tipp afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

It is very shinny and the screens were alot bigger then I was expecting them to be. Missed having grumpy Richie taking tickets though - I know the sound at the Capitol cinema had gone to the dogs but I loved the look and layout of the place.

They need better signage when you come into the shopping center of were it is but sure they're still finishing all the work to the place so hopefully it will be in place when its done plus better signs telling people they get two hours free parking if they go to the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Headshot wrote: »
    yap only cinema that does 3D in tipp afaik
    That's great to know,had to go to Dungarvan to see the U2/3D film a while back..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

So glad to see this thread been dying to give my opinion to anyone who'll listen lol.

I wish the old cinema hadn't had to close, they ran a tight ship ok the screens and seats were old but it didn't matter once you sat down. Sometimes you almost had the whole place to yourself, the popcorn was always fresh and there was no nonsense so if anyone was messing out they go. Bogs were old but spotless and would go back there in a shot.

The IMC is inpersonal, doesn't seem to employ people over 25 and they don't check the place once every one is seated etc. to make sure there's noone going bonkers or kids screaming etc.

The popcorn is waaaaaaaaaaay over priced and tastes like sick it's disgusting..one tip buy some snacks in Dunnes before hand instead.

It's also more expensive was only a fiver for matinees in the old place.

Sure the screen is fab and the sound is great and so is the 3D but the seats are rubbish not a patch on for example the cinema in Dundrum Dublin.

At least in the old cinema you didn't have those really annoying fold up seats.

Bring back the old cinema!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Noli

I couldnt disagree more with the last poster,i find the staff nice and pleasant, there hasnt been any messing when ive been in and the seats are way nicer than the old ones,once you sit down its real comfy the sound and screens are awsome

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Looking forward to checking it out in August when I'm back. Wonder if the area has changed much.

What has happened with the old cinema?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rabies wrote: »
    Looking forward to checking it out in August when I'm back. Wonder if the area has changed much.

What has happened with the old cinema?

I heard its closed down

It would really well as a lecture/seminar building.
    It'll probably sit there vacant for a year or two before something is done with it. A night club would be awesome, anything to give Hayes Bejasus a run for its money

Yeah i think when the old one closed down the day before the new one opened up,drove by it today and its just sitting there idle,sad really

Yeah the town desperately needs something other than hayes to go to :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Goldensweetie

So glad to see this thread been dying to give my opinion to anyone who'll listen lol.

I wish the old cinema hadn't had to close, they ran a tight ship ok the screens and seats were old but it didn't matter once you sat down. Sometimes you almost had the whole place to yourself, the popcorn was always fresh and there was no nonsense so if anyone was messing out they go. Bogs were old but spotless and would go back there in a shot.

The IMC is inpersonal, doesn't seem to employ people over 25 and they don't check the place once every one is seated etc. to make sure there's noone going bonkers or kids screaming etc.

The popcorn is waaaaaaaaaaay over priced and tastes like sick it's disgusting..one tip buy some snacks in Dunnes before hand instead.

It's also more expensive was only a fiver for matinees in the old place.

Sure the screen is fab and the sound is great and so is the 3D but the seats are rubbish not a patch on for example the cinema in Dundrum Dublin.

At least in the old cinema you didn't have those really annoying fold up seats.

Bring back the old cinema!!

Are you for real!!!! The seats are the exact same as the ones in dundrum seriously get your eyes checked.

God some people are never happy.

Should you not be happy that thurles actually has something for the kids to do. Ok it is expensive but it is the same price as your precious Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I'm very naughty opening up an olde ish thread.
    Ok take a breather calm down just giving my opinion on it sheesh.
    Dundrum Dublin is not precious the staff were a bit like robots there too. Pleasant yes but missing something.

The seats aren't the same as the Dundrum Dublin one.
    Nope not happy at all, I'm all for change but not for not for pukey popcorn that costs a bomb.

It's great for older kids/teenagers and the screen itself is great as I mentioned.

Perhaps I'm gettin auld but cinemas (some unwritten Irish law) must have at least one grumpy person working in it to keep you in your place and popcorn should always be fresh. Never ever had rotten tasting popcorn until I entered a new fangled cinema. At least in my day the cinema popcorn was one of the reasons you went so even if the film wasn't great at least you got a decent snack.

Am stuck in my ways and proud of it.

I'm very naughty opening up an olde ish thread.
    Ok take a breather calm down just giving my opinion on it sheesh.
    Dundrum Dublin is not precious the staff were a bit like robots there too. Pleasant yes but missing something.

The seats aren't the same as the Dundrum Dublin one.
    Nope not happy at all, I'm all for change but not for not for pukey popcorn that costs a bomb.

It's great for older kids/teenagers and the screen itself is great as I mentioned.

Perhaps I'm gettin auld but cinemas (some unwritten Irish law) must have at least one grumpy person working in it to keep you in your place and popcorn should always be fresh. Never ever had rotten tasting popcorn until I entered a new fangled cinema. At least in my day the cinema popcorn was one of the reasons you went so even if the film wasn't great at least you got a decent snack.

Am stuck in my ways and proud of it.

Just curious Gunieapig,how old are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Anglo Upah

Rabies wrote: »
    It would really well as a lecture/seminar building.
    It'll probably sit there vacant for a year or two before something is done with it. A night club would be awesome, anything to give Hayes Bejasus a run for its money

open a nightclub in a residental area, now there is a good idea:eek:

Anglo Upah wrote: »
    open a nightclub in a residental area, now there is a good idea:eek:

Perfect structure inside. Sort out the noise issue, man the doors properly (unlike Hayes) and keep the scumbags away. Sorted.

If they can't get in, they'll go back to Hayes.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Memori

A few people are whinging about the price of the IMC but it's the only cinema I've been in that offers a student price at the weekends. €6 for the cinema is pretty good in my opinion.

Can't moan about that.
    Good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

I think the new place is great,although I do miss the double seats in the old one.Often got richie shinning the torch on me in those seats!;)

Advertisement