Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prospective New Paintball site in Munster

Options
  • 26-04-2009 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,

I'm researching the start up costs etc of beginning a paintball site/business. I was wondering if you would have any feedback on what would make a good site/course?

What's not out there that people want to see?

I'm very serious about this but do not want to copy/replicate nearby places as want to establish a unique setting. Any advice/feedback would be very welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

If you want to be unique in Ireland in terms of paintball, then don't charge €200 for a box of terrible paint like they do in EVERY SITE in this country... Also, a decent speedball field wouldn't go amiss

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

If you want to be unique in Ireland in terms of paintball, then don't charge €200 for a box of terrible paint like they do in EVERY SITE in this country... Also, a decent speedball field wouldn't go amiss

Have to echo that one. However, not every field charges €200 out of profit making. Insurance and Maintainance is a huge cost and to be honest, by the time you cut a living from a field you probably looking at the minimum of €7.50 a pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

ironclaw wrote: »
    Have to echo that one. However, not every field charges €200 out of profit making. Insurance and Maintainance is a huge cost and to be honest, by the time you cut a living from a field you probably looking at the minimum of €7.50 a pod.

Yeah, I know... But I still get the feeling some sites could be MUCH better run, and pass savings onto consumers...

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

First thing to do is register on http://www.paintballer.ie and read up on what is actually going on in the Irish Paintball industry. You can ask questions and get the answers you need. You may also get an idea of numbers and actually see if your business is going to be viable or not.

Second thing to do is to actually go out and play some paintball at least 3 or 4 different sites. May sound dumb but if you have any sort of business brain you will want to know what is currently available in terms of service.

Third - Read paintballer.ie

Fourth - Talk to the guards and see what the want in terms of security. If you have not done steps 1 and 3, then you might not yet realise that paintball markers are firearms and are subject to the normal firearms laws.

Fifth - Be nice to your bank manager because you will be looking for €250K for a nice decent site with plenty of equipment and marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

First thing to do is register on http://www.paintballer.ie and read up on what is actually going on in the Irish Paintball industry. You can ask questions and get the answers you need. You may also get an idea of numbers and actually see if your business is going to be viable or not.

Second thing to do is to actually go out and play some paintball at least 3 or 4 different sites. May sound dumb but if you have any sort of business brain you will want to know what is currently available in terms of service.

Fourth - Talk to the guards and see what the want in terms of security. If you have not done steps 1 and 3, then you might not yet realise that paintball markers are firearms and are subject to the normal firearms laws.

Fifth - Be nice to your bank manager because you will be looking for €250K for a nice decent site with plenty of equipment and marketing.

Definetly. Paintball will not survive with Punter ball for much longer. The PRo's and Semi Pro's are screaming out for a professional venue and with a small bit of planning you could attract the major tournaments to Ireland.
    Yeah, I know... But I still get the feeling some sites could be MUCH better run, and pass savings onto consumers...

There are no savings with Paintball. You can't save money on safety and insurance. You'd be surpried when you actually sit down and cost a site. Its the small things that make the difference e.g. O-Rings, Tools, Netting, Mask replacements etc. And I can assure you most sites don't charge €10 per 100 because they want to, its because they have to. Basic business would teach you that you should charge less than you competitors to grow a customer base but the average Irish price for paint is €10 per 100. What does that tell you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bestforbargain

I've been to look at a couple of sites so far as means of getting a template in place for the lay out.

Could you recommend a site which ye have found to be good but that was maybe lacking something?

i could then have a look for myself, and cost the construction of that plus the additions.

thanks.

I have also started a similar thread on paintballer.ie

I will answer all your quetions on paintballer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bestforbargain

I will answer all your quetions on paintballer

cheers I'm under the same username and have started the threads under the chit-chat and where to play forums.

I am richie over there. Your post in chit chat has been deleted and this one remains:
    http://www.paintballer.ie/fields/4236-market-research-prospective-new-site-cork-munster.html

There is was no need for two threads on the same topic open.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

an urban site would be pretty nice.... :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement