Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A couple of questions PS3

Options
  • 21-04-2009 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there guys, I have been doing a bit of folding recently but I have a few questions regarding the %.

If I don't complete a 'set' i.e. my PS3 doesn't get to 100% before I quit folding, then am I wasting my time contributing?

Is it possible to tell the PS3 to turn itself off when a 'set' is finished?

Finally, because I am forever at war with my ISP over download/upload limits (it used to be just download but now they extended their definition to uploads too), is there a great deal to worry about allowance-wise leaving the PS3 on for 8 hours straight (or whatever it takes to finish a 'set')?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

noodler wrote: »
    Hey there guys, I have been doing a bit of folding recently but I have a few questions regarding the %.

If I don't complete a 'set' i.e. my PS3 doesn't get to 100% before I quit folding, then am I wasting my time contributing?
    Not at all. The PS3 will continue folding from where it left off, next time you fire it up. Exception : Each folding work unit has a cut off time [I think you see it on the screen]. If you don't finish the current work unit by the cutoff date, it's discarded.
    Is it possible to tell the PS3 to turn itself off when a 'set' is finished?
    Yes but can't remember where the option is. When in folding, press Triangle and have a look around. You will find it.
    Finally, because I am forever at war with my ISP over download/upload limits (it used to be just download but now they extended their definition to uploads too), is there a great deal to worry about allowance-wise leaving the PS3 on for 8 hours straight (or whatever it takes to finish a 'set')?
    It's not a lot at all. Maybe a couple of MB once or twice a day. Purely an assumption on my part, but if you let the PS3 fold 24x7, I reckon you would be hard pressed to use more than 200MB in internet traffic a month.

Advertisement