Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Masters, Day 3

• 11-04-2009 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Selected tee-times and pairings (all times Irish, -5hrs for local times)

Leaders on -9.

3.55pm - Trevor Immelman (+1) / Rory McIlroy (+1)
    5.35pm - Lee Westwood (-2) / Padraig Harrington (-2)
    6.05pm - Graeme McDowell (-2) / Tiger Woods (-2)
    6.25pm - Geoff Ogilvy (-3) / Phil Mickelson (-3)
    7.05pm - Jim Furyk (-4) / Sergio Garcia (-4)
    7.15pm - Rory Sabbatini (-4) / Shingo Katayama (-4)
    7.25pm - Tim Clark (-5) / Anthony Kim (-4)
    7.35pm - Angel Cabrera (-8) / Todd Hamilton (-6)
    7.45pm - Chad Campbell (-9) / Kenny Perry (-9)

Hopefully we'll see an early few birdies from the Irish lads to get some momentum. The weather forecast is for thunderstorms overnight and there's also a tornado watch in the area, so that could be a factor.

Hopefully McDowell being paired with Woods will lead to a lot of airtime for him, as you know Woods will get shot-by-shot television coverage as long as he's mathematically still in with a chance.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What's the story with McIlroy? I heard something about him kicking sand and could be in a spot of bother with officials, I haven't seen any coverage from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

thay just said on golf tv he was not going to be disqualified. Not sure what he did, kicking sand??! silly rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Yeah McIlroy is in.

Apparently he was asked to clarify what he did, and they decided not to penalise him. He's on the timesheet for tomorrow which apparently confirms it.

There's an article on it on BBC Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

He fluffed a shot from the bunker, swung his foot, flicking some sand, wasn't even a kick. He's ok though, he's allowed to play today.
    Was a distastrous last 3 holes for him, dropping 5 shots after doing so well up to then.

Harrington was very unlucky - huge gust of wind blew his ball just as he addressed it, ruled that he had, so cost him a shot - had a par instead of a birdie chance.

Hopefully they get a good start today.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

What time does the TV coverage start at tonight lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

BillyBoy wrote: »
    What time does the TV coverage start at tonight lads?
    8.30 on BBC2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Kenny Perry lookin to be oldest winner of Masters, but what about Sandy Lyle!!? 5 birdies in a row yesterday! Really hopin the wind blows strong today, so the leaders might come back to Harrington and GMac

Kenny Perry lookin to be oldest winner of Masters, but what about Sandy Lyle!!? 5 birdies in a row yesterday! Really hopin the wind blows strong today, so the leaders might come back to Harrington and GMac

I think we'll see a shift on the leaderboard today, and I can see either Perry or Campbell having a poor round today.;)

A few birdies and bogey-free front nine is imperative for the chasers to give themselves a chance. My old man has said he thinks -8 will win, I think it will be a bit higher, perhaps -10, but we'll know a lot more after today.

First group just teed off a 10.35am local (3.35pm Irish). Weather is 18C, to go up to 23C later in the afternoon, with 19km/h winds gusting to ~26km/h.

According to the Beeb:
    Eastern Georgia was hit by a passing tornado on Friday night, drenching the course in an inch of rain in two hours, as well as leaving more than 11,000 homes in the Augusta area without power. So the early starters will have to contend with a softish course with slowing greens, making the course feel a little longer.

McIlroy just birdied the par 5 second, to move to even par.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Kenny Perry has only made 2 bogeys in 36 holes, Cabrera & Katayama 3 each... that's pretty impressive around there.

• Advertisement

McIlroy bogeyed #7 to drop back to +1, before immediately scoring a birdie on #8 to move back to even par.

I fancy Cabrera at this stage. 7/1 on Paddy Power.

First groups should be coming into Amen Corner now, so you'll catch live coverage online and on the interactive channels or 11/12/13 and 15/16.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

juvenal wrote: »
    First groups should be coming into Amen Corner now, so you'll catch live coverage online and on the interactive channels or 11/12/13 and 15/16.

how do you watch 15/16?

Harrington made a 9 at the second. Oh well.

how do you watch 15/16?

Harrington made a 9 at the second. Oh well.

On the streams available to me I can watch either Amen Corner or 15/15. Not sure if it's the same on BBCi.

Harrington just had a nightmare on #2. That's it for him. Back to +2 overall.:(

Tiger Woods just double-bogeyed #1 to drop back to even par.

Villegas on a nice run so far, has picked up two shots in four holes, now -4 thru 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭paddy111199

would somebody mind posting the link for the streaming because I cant watch it on bbc2 today as im not living in the uk:(

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

I see Harrington just had a 9 on the 2nd! :eek:

Yeah, that's probably put paid to his chances.

He just pulled back a shot with a birdie on #5. He's now +1 overall.

Harrington manages to pull another shot back, with a birdie on the par-5 eight.

That's back to even par overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭tiptap

lol, what a prat he is ... delighted to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Tippex

harrington with another birdie to get back to 1 under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Tippex

I've a feeling Vijay is gonna have a stormer over the next 2 days

tiptap wrote: »

:confused:

Good back to back birdies on #8 & #9. Needs at least another birdie from the early holes on the back nine.

McDowell bogeyed #7 to drop back to -2.

McIlroy has run off nine pars in a row, and it now on #18. Remains at even par.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Very open still at this stage as it is hard to see campbell and perry having another good round (then again). So far the one that has impressed me is Kim in as much as he can drop 4 shots and still bring in a 65. If he tightens up even a bit then you can see him ending up on around 10 under which might be enough come Sunday evening.

Today will tell if he has the temperment for it as is he does anything decent he may well be in the last pairing tomorrow.

Interesting how well McDowell is doing...

Cabrera just dropped a shot on #1 to go back to -7.

Harrington just bogeyed #10 to drop back to even, undoing the good work on #8 and #9.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Anyone any ideas how the hell he managed to do this?

Anthony Kim off to a good start, birdies #2 to move to -5.

Hunter Mahan picked up shots on #2 and #5 and is also on -5.

Harrington just rolled a long birdie putt up to about 5ft on #11. Should make the par putt. Misses the par put and cards another bogey. Back to +1.

McIlroy signed for a 71, with birdies on #2 and #8, and a bogey on #7. Is even par for the tournament.

McDowell bogeyed #7 and #8, and is back to -1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

http://www.justin.tv/frankcal20 - stream

I think Campbell will hold on to win this.

http://www.justin.tv/frankcal20 - stream

I think Campbell will hold on to win this.

That would be impressive, hasn't been done in well over 30 years.

A lot of players in the top part of the leaderboard are under par so far. Campbell and Perry have both birdied #2. Steve Stricker and Furyk are also moving nicely through the front nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭deko43

tiptap wrote: »

nice to see you are supporting the home team... i dont think...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Aidric wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas how the hell he managed to do this?
    HOLED A 5 FOOTER!!
    http://www.sportinglife.com/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=golf/09/04/11/GOLF_Masters.html

Advertisement