Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheapest place to get a PS3

• 07-04-2009 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Yeah, just wondering where is the cheapest place to get a PS3 in Ireland. I looked on the internet, and all I can find are sites from the UK. I dont want to have to use a credit card and pay all those extra exchange fees. Is there any cheap Irish site or retail store, selling the Playstaion 3 and a decent price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

If you can get up north thats yoru best bet other than that its all pretty much the same 399.99 its just up to you to decide on which pakage you want.

But i would think you will be able to haggle a little bit more than before ie if you want the Killzone 2 pack and ask them to throw in COD 4 for free if they say no walk away, i bet they ll give in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭7Steve

I dunno, I saw one on a UK site for €345 (including postage and package) with Little Big Planet. Anything over €360 is too much. I just don't want to go into the trouble of buying it online or going up North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

7Steve wrote: »
    I dunno, I saw one on a UK site for €345 (including postage and package) with Little Big Planet. Anything over €360 is too much. I just don't want to go into the trouble of buying it online or going up North.

you will only get UK prices in the UK ( or up north ) looking for one under €360 in a shop around Ennis will be difficult. Maybe try the 2nd hand market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I just posted this in the Amazon thread in Bargain Alerts but Amazon will deliver an 80GB PS3 to Ireland for €356. They are now shipping most electrical items to Ireland.

I'm waiting until I can pick one up for under €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭padair

woooo232 wrote: »
    I just posted this in the Amazon thread in Bargain Alerts but Amazon will deliver an 80GB PS3 to Ireland for €356. They are now shipping most electrical items to Ireland.

Doh.. 2 weeks to late.. but is €50 worth two weeks of gaming.... Of course it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭7Steve

woooo232 wrote: »

Yeah, I'd love to get one for €300... But I would pay an extra €50 for PS2 backward compatibilty. I'm still searching, but online from HMV is seeming more and more appealing for €345 (that includes LBP, the interest rate, and exchange fee). What does everyone else think?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got mine today in Gamestop Newry for £299.99 with Killzone & a second hand game of my choice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

You would only pay €50 for backwards compatability?? Haha

Although saying that i paid €750 for mine on release day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

got mine today in Gamestop Newry

What was the traffic like?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

okidoki987 wrote: »
    What was the traffic like?

I went early in morning, left Dunshaughlin at 8.45am, was in Newry by 9.40am, there was only a small delay of cars near the Quay Centre, however I went to Belfast later and on the way back the Q into Newry was all the way from the Irish/NI Border right into Newry Itself. The deals in Gamestop were better and cheaper than Argos. Cheapest I saw a ps3 however was HMV in Belfast, the Killzone pack was £293.99 there, the pack I choose in Gamestop Newry was the Killzone along with a 2nd hand game for 299.99, they had lots of 2nd hand games to choose from including both Call Of Dutys, however I ddint buy them for my deal as I already have both of them for my 360.

• Advertisement
Advertisement