Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April Fool's Madness @ Play.com [** SOME GOOD DEALS FOR ONCE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I paid 23e for prince of persia about 5 days ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Can you pay in sterling?
    As some sterling prices are dearer at sendit, but dont convert to the high price on Play :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Just bought Aliens, i say it will sell out quick!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Manhunt 2 on the Wii is €6.49
    http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/3321141/Manhunt-2/Product.html?cur=258

Paid 25 for it @ Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

dave_29 wrote: »
    Can you pay in sterling?
    As some sterling prices are dearer at sendit, but dont convert to the high price on Play :confused:

Nope, All European customers (outside UK) must pay in Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

dave_29 wrote: »
    Can you pay in sterling?

No, you can only pay in Euro if you want to ship to Ireland. Their rate of exchange has always been an issue. Even when things got really close €/£, the rate was laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Any link to ALL the offers? Can't find it on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oooh, Clash of the Titans for €2.49! Yoink! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭Sappy404

jesterhead wrote: »

http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/3-/299285/2-/Promo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭teejay

Nice one OP - picked up 5 DVDs there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

seems broke anyone getting a error message?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

jesterhead wrote: »
    Sappy404 wrote: »
    The banner in the OP had the link to all the offers, but Sappy404 seems to have covered it.

Some great offers in it to be honest... which is very unlike Play. I mean even with the sterling conversion rate, a tenner for Alien Quadrilogy is a great price! It seems to be getting cheaper and cheaper by the year. Paid €20 for it about 2 years but it's a helluva box set. If you don't already own it, buy it NOW!

Only thing I bought in the sale was the 2 disc director's cut of Zodiac for €4 - great film and need to keep my Fincher collection up to date. Could have bought a few more things but literally struggling to fit anything else on my DVD cabinet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Some genuine good deals there prince of persia with epilogue pack for 12 50 and man hunt 2 for 6 50 the Wire season 1 for 16 50 !!

Looks like ill be spending some of my redundancy on this i really shouldnt !!! but i cant let prices liek that slip by !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Prince of Persia any good?

Oz at €50 - yoink. Thanks Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

jackncoke wrote: »
    Prince of Persia any good?

not as good as the three previous games imo but a decent platform-action game with lovely graphics and at least 12 hours game time. A steal at that price especially with the extra content which people who bought it in december didn't get.

Mmm, I wonder if I bought this again (I sold my previous copy after completion) would I be able to just play the extra content?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

nice one, just picked up Zodiac for 3.99
    sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Oz out of stock already :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Nice one, just got Prince of Persia.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Damn, that was the only thing I'd have an interest in.

Have most of the other good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Got prince of persia on ps3 and manhunt 2 on Wii for under 20euro cant complain about that !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Nope, All European customers (outside UK) must pay in Euro.

Thanks for the heads up
    GBX wrote: »
    No, you can only pay in Euro if you want to ship to Ireland. Their rate of exchange has always been an issue. Even when things got really close €/£, the rate was laughable.

Yeah i got an email from them about an earlier post i had about them as someone quoted 78p to the Euro, jees :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

xbox Prince of Persia is 17.99 Sterling but only 12.99 Euro!! :eek:

EDIT it just changed to 9.99 Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Oz is available from Sendit.com at £52.89 which is about €56 - €58 depending on the exchange rate on the day. So for anyone who missed Play's offer, its not that much cheaper if you really want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Prince of Persia is now €23.49 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Rael wrote: »
    Oz is available from Sendit.com at £52.89 which is about €56 - €58 depending on the exchange rate on the day. So for anyone who missed Play's offer, its not that much cheaper if you really want it.

Cheers Rael:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Feck, Prince of Persia, gone back up to €24, still picked up Lost Boys, Natural Born Killers and Enternal Mind for cheap! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Feck, Prince of Persia, gone back up to €24, still picked up Lost Boys, Natural Born Killers and Enternal Mind for cheap! :)

what is it with play? their price seem to go up and down one min to the next.
    prince of persia was 12:99, then it went up to 32:49, then it went down to 23:49! all in the space of 10 mins. are play a reliable site? or more like cd wow, rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I think play are pretty reliable, in terms of posting the item and recieving it, never had trouble that way, but prices can change from day to day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks a lot basquille, I'm not only broke, I'm now broker than broke:(:(;)

Advertisement