Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's your area of interest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

pingu2008 wrote: »
    Retained Firefighter/EFR also a member of the civil defence, hopefully doing the emt course asap

You doing EMT through civil defence??

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭pingu2008

i am hopefully in september

pingu2008 wrote: »
    i am hopefully in september

Good stuff and very best of luck!!!! I know the NASC instructor like a brother. Good man (wont name here) and you'll learn so much from him. Course he has set is hard going but you'll get through it once you put in the work.

The first group from CD started in Feb so should be finished in May is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mater

well, A &E nurse , head trauma.
    .. and a few of the girls are wondering where all the single/newly single ES shift working people like ourselves people hang out these days? In the good ol' days there was coppers, but most of the crew are tippin' 40 now and looking for romance second time around..any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

mater wrote: »
    well, A &E nurse , head trauma.
    .. and a few of the girls are wondering where all the single/newly single ES shift working people like ourselves people hang out these days? In the good ol' days there was coppers, but most of the crew are tippin' 40 now and looking for romance second time around..any tips?
    We got married and left the DMA for the young pups. We believe in thinning out the herd to encourage the survival oof the fattest,fastest, fittest.

Is Mc Gowans gone out of favour? If ever there was a place to limit the gene pool, that was it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

Mc Gowans is always busy with ES

...and just a hint of shoulder holster showing to stir interest before "subtly" covering up.:cool:

All the lads on one side of the bar all the women on the other

Flock of seagulls haircuts

White socks.
    Dj (not me) playing spandau ballet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

deadwood wrote: »
    ...and just a hint of shoulder holster showing to stir interest before "subtly" covering up.:cool:

Is that a sig or are you just happy to see me?

No its my uzi (im very happy to see you) :D

No its my uzi (im very happy to see you) :D

Well do ya mind not pointing that thing at me.. the uzi I mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mater

Mac Gowans and the eighties night at the Garda Club..am takin' notes here lads.:D

Or hang around outside a station long enough causing a scene and you mite be lucky enough get handcuffed by one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Alpha Papa

Abit of info about me. Im an Ops Officer in Dublin Airport. I have keane interest in emergency services and am a qualified EMFR,ex Army.

Ambition is to join the Airport Police Service since a young age. Interest in aviation and travelling.

Long time viewer on this forum so finally bit the bullet and joined.

Alpha Papa wrote: »
    Abit of info about me. Im an Ops Officer with the DAA in Dublin. I have keane interest in emergency services and am a qualified EMFR,ex Army.

Ambition is to join the Airport Police Service since a young age. Interest in aviation and travelling.

Long time viewer on this forum so finally bit the bullet and joined.

Welcome! Figured you were interested in APS.. 'Alpha Papa';):D

Im an Ops Officer with the DAA in Dublin.
    So, you fill the vending machine with the little bags! Why don't ye put a few cuddly toys in there too?

:D

You must be a detective eroo with them reasoning skills! :)

Ya its why i joined the company waiting for them to take a recruit class on when the re-structuring in Dublin finishes in the next six months hopefully.

Alot of investment being pumped in (captor spray,monadonk hindi batons and new Hi viz Tactical vest)and they sent training instructors off to the British Transport Police to align standards with them so these are positive steps and hopefully they will have recruit class in the autumn possibly but who knows.

Here's Hoping!

deadwood wrote: »
    So, you fill the vending machine with the little bags! Why don't ye put a few cuddly toys in there too?

:D

Its one way to beat the recession! Hahaha I'll be laughin all the way to the bank! !

• Advertisement

Its one way to beat the recession! Hahaha I'll be laughin all the way to the bank! !
    MichaelOLearyRyanair300.jpg

Well, hows the bould Mick?!

You must be a detective eroo with them reasoning skills! :)

Ya its why i joined the company waiting for them to take a recruit class on when the re-structuring in Dublin finishes in the next six months hopefully.

Alot of investment being pumped in (captor spray,monadonk hindi batons and new Hi viz Tactical vest)and they sent training instructors off to the British Transport Police to align standards with them so these are positive steps and hopefully they will have recruit class in the autumn possibly but who knows.

Here's Hoping!

I wish AGS would do the same and get us all that fancy gear

Mick grand he was running beside me on threadmill in Alsaa the other week.

APS and AGS is about 120 officers to 12000 Officers thats probly why they there getting that gucci gear! Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

hi there,

Im an airport firefighter (military) currently on the panel for the ambulance service, hope to paramedic training in september.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Hi lads, I'm a member of the CD for almost a year now in a Galway unit, hoping to become a paramedic when I finish school.
    The first group from CD started in Feb so should be finished in May is it?

I know that was posted a while ago when this was posted, but yeah all 23 passed it there in May http://www.civildefence.ie/cdweb.nsf/documents/1403DCB3A7C7FEDA802575DE00558CB5

darragh-k wrote: »
    I know that was posted a while ago when this was posted, but yeah all 23 passed it there in May http://www.civildefence.ie/cdweb.nsf/documents/1403DCB3A7C7FEDA802575DE00558CB5

Welcome....only saw this now.

Didnt 26 potential EMTs start training???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

murf313 wrote: »
    hi there,

Im an airport firefighter (military) currently on the panel for the ambulance service, hope to paramedic training in september.

Murf or anybody out there know how someone would go about becoming an airport firefighter.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Welcome....only saw this now.

Didnt 26 potential EMTs start training???

Sorry, I worded that wrong. As far as I know, 24 potential emt's started and 23 are now emt's. I'm open to correction on that now but I'm nearly sure that's what I was told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

TheNog wrote: »
    In the guards meself and only 6 months I love it, despite all my moaning on other posts :D
    Ur still a wee probe yet, lol, jokin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

No did all above while in the Job, but not with the job
    Same as meself, i did it wit the CD on the Q-T

Advertisement