Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crazy pool party in roebuck!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Guy got evicted. There's now a group on Facebook "Save the Hugo":D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Anyone care to explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tammy Pon

lol who is this hugo man? i heard it was gary redmonds party or something...?

ps. i cant find dat group on facebook:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Sounds great! :D

More details or gtfo

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

they covered the place in sand and had these mini paddling pools and stuff.. It was before the break and the guy got kicked out

• Advertisement

That sounds fun... can see why he got kicked out though.

Bit of a stupid thing to do on his part seeing as security have been uber strict this year over the minutest of things in the first place.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I take it they put the sand and pools inside?

and shells and crabs from the beach and plastic sheeting covered in water for sliding down the hall and they ripped the fire alarms out of the ceiling. You should have seen the look on the security guards faces as all these guys in flowery shorts and tshirts and sandals wandered past them on a freezing cold night :D that was funny enough in itself

damselnat wrote: »
    they ripped the fire alarms out of the ceiling.

It was funny up until that.....

Yeah, that's taking the p*ss tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

I was just about to say "Wow, thats brilliant" until I saw they ripped the fire alarms down. What in the name of Hugh Brady possessed them to do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

RichTea wrote: »
    I was just about to say "Wow, thats brilliant" until I saw they ripped the fire alarms down. What in the name of Hugh Brady possessed them to do that?
    It's these fees that are coming in. They are driving people crazy.

Sean_K wrote: »
    It's these fees that are coming in. They are driving people crazy.

Yeah if people have to pay for college then they have the right to wreck it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

damselnat wrote: »
    they ripped the fire alarms out of the ceiling.

Never mind eviction I'm pretty sure that kind of thing can lead to prosecution...

Can't say I'm overly sympathetic...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

should have waited until after exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Should have been kicked out of college TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

RichTea wrote: »

Yeah, I think that's the point at which I'd go from thinking "ha, this is great craic" to "eh...careful now".

Did he expect any less than to get kicked out, in fairness?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Tom65 wrote: »
    Did he expect any less than to get kicked out, in fairness?

Did he get kicked out of the college, or just the student residences? He was taking it way too far before he tore the alarms out of the wall. Would've loved to have seen the setup though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Eviction, expulsion and criminal damages would be a start IMO. What a muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Most people here are such dry ****es saying they should get kicked out of college etc.. Probably the same people who gave out about the snow riots. That party sounded like a great laugh,wish I was there. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Most people here are such dry ****es saying they should get kicked out of college etc.. Probably the same people who gave out about the snow riots. That party sounded like a great laugh,wish I was there. :D
    So is it ok if we head over to your place for a pool party on the last day of term?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

It is essentialy vandalism. He doesn't own the place. If it was a private rental he'd be in court over it.

You were making the same defense of those idiots with the snow.
    Maybe you should still be in secondary school? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

mloc wrote: »
    It is essentialy vandalism. He doesn't own the place. If it was a private rental he'd be in court over it.

Yup. And of course it looks great when the SU are trying to negotiate tenancy rights and argue against the gates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    Yup. And of course it looks great when the SU are trying to negotiate tenancy rights and argue against the gates.
    This doesn't really have a whole lot to do with gates to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tammy Pon

anyone have any pics of it?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Tayto2000 wrote: »

While it certainly doesn't help the case, there is an argument for the fact that an event of these proportions probably wouldn't happen every 2/3 years if the regulations for on-campus accomodation were remotely as lenient as those for most other 3rd level institutions in the UK/Western Europe.

The stories I've been hearing from friends on Erasmus who are given a spare matress with their rental for anyone who might want to crash the night etc... really put things in perspective. You treat residents like children and they soon end up acting like children - resulting in an incident which doesn't benefit either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

There's a reason for not allowing people stay over in the apartments (even though I had my g/f over plenty of times when I was on campus) it's down to safety and insurance, that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Jev/N wrote: »
    There's a reason for not allowing people stay over in the apartments (even though I had my g/f over plenty of times when I was on campus) it's down to safety and insurance, that's it.
    That may be the official line alright, but its a joke. Please explain how "safety" reasons mean you cant have a mate kip on a couch??

I agree with the poster who says treat people like children results in them acting like children. The snow "riots" were a great example of that, anywhere else people would have just got on with it and it wouldn't have gotten as out of hand as it did, instead it was a chance to cause a bit of ruckus and stick it to the man who prevents any semblence of spontanous fun on campus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

vote4pedro wrote: »
    That may be the official line alright, but its a joke. Please explain how "safety" reasons mean you cant have a mate kip on a couch??

The visitor policy among other things is currently unfair. Fair and reasonable changes to the res rules should be what the SU should be aiming for, and it's an achievable target.
    I agree with the poster who says treat people like children results in them acting like children.

Chicken/Egg situation here imo.
    The snow "riots" were a great example of that, anywhere else people would have just got on with it and it wouldn't have gotten as out of hand as it did, instead it was a chance to cause a bit of ruckus and stick it to the man who prevents any semblence of spontanous fun on campus.

So you want to be treated as an adult yet somehow not be responsible for your actions? Riiigghht... Good luck sticking it to 'the man' too, it's always hilarious hearing from privileged 3rd level attendees about how they're being oppressed :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement