Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crazy pool party in roebuck!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

33% God wrote: »
    we're not an English student

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

passive wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    :(

... And my genius goes to waist again. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bastardable

I'd like to begin by commending you all on your witty replies to my post defending Hugo, or as we like to call him Huge.

I'd also like to highlight the fact that it was you, not I that lowered the tone of this thread
    Any linguists here to help pinpoint the "is a wanker" markers I've noticed in this composition?

Im trying not to generalise but there are very few people i know in my age bracket that care so much about rules than the people who have posted on this thread (exception being Leprachaun, nice one bruvaaa!), the people who I do know that care so much about rules are (seeing as we have already lowered the tone) ballbags.

A few of you have been harping on about damage to a house he doesnt own etc etc............fair point it was wrong to have the pool party, we broke some rules, but without broken rules there would be no benchmarks. Also these houses are designed to be virtually indestructable and i think we proved that with the party; 4 tonnes of water, 1 tonne of sand, 100+ people and the only reason it got shut down? Smokers.......again, ballbags.

So before you get up on you virtual high horses, have a think about what you have learned in college, a degree will give you skills to excell with the four walls of the workplace, its the social skills that you learn outside of the class that will make you a pimping ass motherf*cking playah that at the end of the day will get the hottest of girls and boys and girls of boards.ie it is the same people who will be sitting pretty with the most assests on their balance sheet.

Yours etc.....

P.S. Excuse my poor spelling and grammer I was baked out of my bin when i wrote it..............yes I did smoke the said narcotics on campus and im pretty sure the next flat over was an RAs one...........deal with it.

P.S. Excuse my poor spelling and grammer I was baked out of my bin when i wrote it..............yes I did smoke the said narcotics on campus and im pretty sure the next flat over was an RAs one...........deal with it.
    Oh, how I wish I were cool like you.

Psst, being a "pimping ass motherf*cking playah" generally requires having somewhere to live. I'd get that skill down first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I have the biggest cock in UCD. That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I like a good party... but: fire alarms are safety equipment, and you do not f**k with safety equipment, ever. No matter whether you know what it does or not. It is there for a reason. That is why the mood in this thread changed so suddenly.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

"Qui sine peccato est vestrum, primus in illam lapidem mittat"

"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" - John 8:1-11

"Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future" - Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (Oscar Wilde)

"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace" - ibid

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" - ibid - I quite like this one in this context, I think even this quotation being present is a contradiction.

What's done is done, it was a stupid idea, but to be fair: who wouldn't want to be at a party with sh*t loads of sand, water, drink, birds in bikinis etc.... So all things being equal (i.e. let us discount the controversial aspects of this episode) it was a pretty bang on party!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

That condoms over the smoke alarms thing is genius, never would have thought of it. Been at far too many res parties where the smoke alarms have had to be ripped out of the ceiling (with slightly worrying long term consequences) to stop them going off, never heard any better solution than the condom one in this thread!

Blut wrote: »
    That condoms over the smoke alarms thing is genius, never would have thought of it. Been at far too many res parties where the smoke alarms have had to be ripped out of the ceiling (with slightly worrying long term consequences) to stop them going off, never heard any better solution than the condom one in this thread!
    Clingfilm is probably cheaper :p:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

33% God wrote: »
    Clingfilm is probably cheaper :p:

Clingfilm is more likely to rip... well maybe not around alarms..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

According to the Tribune today it was Gary Redmonds (incoming SU President) flatmate. Respect for that alone, but less of a Van Wilder-esque figure I couldn't imagine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

all just sounds like a monday night in maynooth to me.

and to 33% trying to be smartarse saying 'i take it we're not an english student' would've been good but for how your genius went to WAIST!!

Weepsie wrote: »
    all just sounds like a monday night in maynooth to me.

and to 33% trying to be smartarse saying 'i take it we're not an english student' would've been good but for how your genius went to WAIST!!
    Sometimes I fear for the future of this nation.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

He's right though, all that genius is going right to your waist, you'll be packing on the pounds if you get much smarter.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Don't mess with fire alarms. I'd have been happy enough to let them get on with it only for that. Fire alarms are there to make sure that lives are saved, end of story. He could have been up for criminal charges if an accident happened and the fire alarm didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Leprachaun wrote: »
    No,maybe I should be in college since I have already completed seconday school.

I wasn't aware that completing secondary school meant you should definitely be in college :confused:

Maybe we do need fees back? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 RazzoLazzo

he had a pool party which was not the most efficient of ideas but it was a pool party like in ucd where they drank and had a laugh like your meant to do when your in college,so what they ripped off the fire alarms not like they werent going to be fixed the next day anyway like and it was a pool party so any fire would have been put out haha,so for **** sake stop your bitchin it was a session,that went a bit mad,and he got evicted,
    thats it,if you cant see the fun funny side to it,then i cant imagine you're a very fun person,and thats a terrible thing to not be
    next year in ucd whoever i know who goes there,and doesnt give a ****,im defo going to make them have a pool party and do the same thing again
    COS ITS FUN
    and tonight im going to get wrecked and go to laidback luke and have way more fun than any of you tonight
    EXCELLENT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

oh they damaged ucd property did they,haha,so what like,its student accomidation its going to get messed up like,and damaged,whatever,they had fun and fun is what matters at partys,so go on roll your eyes and do whatever you do for fun,while we all go on mad ones and have the best fun there is

• Advertisement

do live in proper accomidation,and i wouldnt have a pool party in my apartment,it just wouldnt suit,but you can do mad things in them ucd apartments there huge and fun to session in,i dont take joy in damaging stuff all the time but sometimes stuff just gets caught in the line of fire haha,and sometimes it is fun like,chillax like.
    As it happens im going to ucd right now,in which at some point ill probably do some sort of damage,be it very very minor,or who knows,it could be huge,or maybe there will be none at all,but whatever like,who cares.

sickened to be them so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

RazzoLazzo, your post's must be some of the worst examples of English I've seen on boards.

Writing phonetically is not cool, your spelling is poor, your grammar is atrocious and your vocabulary seems to consist of no more than 20 words. I was going to comment on your punctuation, but judging from your posts it'd probably take me too long :o

Acting like a child and consistently spelling like a 10 year old is not a promising combination.

In the interest of your self respect, stop making yourself look bad or alternatively, stop posting altogether.
    In fact, just leave college now.

I really couldnt care less about vocab or punctuation,it hasant helped me get to the WONDERFUL place I am right now,so why care?
    WAHEY LETS TO WRECK UCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MitchWard

Just found out that the session was on boards.ie
    We know it was a terribly drunken mistake to take down those fire alarms, and we do regret that that happened. For anyone who likes the sound of the fun that was had, heres a link to the full story on facebook. Enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=55098514790&ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

In fairness do you not think that regardless of the fire alarms being ripped out, he still would have got in some serious trouble and been evicted?

Anyways, I don't see why you think the guy is such a ledge anyways...plenty of other people would have done this years ago but no-one else is that stupid!

Your right it was just a session. The pool party thing has been done many times before. Legendary or not, it was a funny night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭bnt

MitchWard wrote: »
    We know it was a terribly drunken mistake to take down those fire alarms, and we do regret that that happened. For anyone who likes the sound of the fun that was had, heres a link to the full story on facebook. Enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=55098514790&ref=ts

So: after reading that, can we agree that it's a bad idea to damage property, and an even worse idea to damage safety equipment? That's the first I'd heard about the fire extinguisher, so if there had been a fire, not only would it have taken longer to detect it, "your man" would not have been able to put it out, because he drained the fire extinguisher. No sympathy: get thee to a McDonalds.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

The fire extinguisher was in a different house on a completely separate night. We know that these where mistakes, but they have happened now and Hugo has paid for both nights. 150 for that fire extinguisher and 495 for the fire alarms in UCD. Thats all he could have done to make up for the damage caused.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement