Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JJB Sports Clearance Sale

Options
  • 24-03-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Just heard that running spikes are available in JJB Sports (Liffey Valley, Dublin) for €26 euro. I was up there on saturday and it was a mess of odd sizes and mixed stock, but if you were willing to put some time in trying to find stuff - the prices look really good.

Anyone interested in SAQs (small yellow agility hurdles) for club or personal use - I picked up a couple of sets of 6 hurdles for €11 a set - cracking value and they had loads of them.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

They never had anything decent before. I might pop up tomorrow then.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

was in there the other night, couldn’t believe my eyes when I walked in. its a total kip now with foreigners working and buying like animals, at least when the scumbags were buying it was clean and tidy. I made a Sharpe exit and will never return. They’ll be closed down shortly, Mark my words

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Westwood wrote: »
    was in there the other night, couldn’t believe my eyes when I walked in. its a total kip now with foreigners working and buying like animals, at least when the scumbags were buying it was clean and tidy. I made a Sharpe exit and will never return. They’ll be closed down shortly, Mark my words
    not sure it was that bad when I was in there on Saturday morning, but that's just my opinion. If you are in the area, it may be worth a look in the door - if its as Westwood describes you dont even have to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Westwood wrote: »

Yeah was a bit shocked myself. It used to be a pretty good sports shop but it looked to me like it was closing down and they were doing a clearance....the place is depressing tbh.

Having said that they have those spikes for 26 quid which would do the job for cross country....but you have to be willing to rummage for your size.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I bought a pair of shorts in the one in Tallaght the other day for €3... They have my size there in the spikes, the skangers aren't buying!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

JJB have been doing that clearance for about a year now. They used to be fairly good for running stuff I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Thanks OP I went to the liffey valley one today after work. Picked up some bits and pieces but to be honest most of the stuff is small and XL+.

Saw a pair of Nimbus 10's (size 8) for €75...not bad if your lucky enough to be an 8.

Loads of cricket gear. I didn't buy any of that though. Maybe the couple of snobs that have posted above would find that handy.

sorry cricket fans

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Picked up a pair of these: http://www.runireland.com/product/strongnike-vomerastrong a few weeks back for €63 in LV store.

I hope Misty F that you are not including me in that reference to snobs - that would upset me greatly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

lecheile wrote: »
    I hope Misty F that you are not including me in that reference to snobs - that would upset me greatly :(

Not at all Lecheile. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so smart. Just thought it was a bit bad calling people of Tallaght and shoppers of JJB scumbags or skangers.

Thanks for the heads up. My nike shorts are quality and only €10.

• Advertisement

Not at all Lecheile. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so smart. Just thought it was a bit bad calling people of Tallaght and shoppers of JJB scumbags or skangers.

Thanks for the heads up. My nike shorts are quality and only €10.
    No worries misty - I'm not that sensitive ;) I also suspect that those who made the comments are just looking for a reaction!

Advertisement