Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Series

Options
  • 23-03-2009 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭

according to IMDb, the creaters of the new Trek film plan to create a spin off series from it (using a diffirent ship & crew) set in the same time period but "in a diffirent universe". i guess we all saw that coming for a while now. any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Thoughts? None. Judgement reserved to be honest. Then again, it's not like they can do worse than Enterprise....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I don't think you have the right.

A Pushing Daisys screenwriter wants to do a new series and is looking for permission from the Trek XI creaters.

I guess JJ Abrams must have a freeze option on any new series while he's doing his Trek film(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Vokes wrote: »
    I don't think you have the right.

A Pushing Daisys screenwriter wants to do a new series and is looking for permission from the Trek XI creaters.

I guess JJ Abrams must have a freeze option on any new series while he's doing his Trek film(s).

er... yea, that's exactly what i said.

were it to go ahead it would supposedly be in a separate continuity from the other six series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Enterprise 90210

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

disappointing, they should have set it after nemesis and not focusing on a bridge crew, but instead having a panoramic view of the federation under crisis (and not a war or alien invasion), similar to DS9 but different in that there wouldn't be any fixed location like the station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They could have a show about a ship exploring the Gamma Quadrant now that the Dominion War is over.

Wouldn't mind a Star Trek Universe type show. It could be set in a different location every episode with a completely different cast. Could have episodes that don't feature humans or the federation at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Thats what I think Trek needs, but imo you would need mainstay characters, otherwise it would be more difficult to care about the series.

personally, i think they should make one compleatley separate from the three eras we've seen so far, maybe 26th, 2th century or so...so they don't have to be bogged down by existing backstorey. i wouldn't like a show set in an entirley diffirent universe though, that's a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,471 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

the different universe bit sounds dodgy to me, why bother even calling it trek then:confused:

Star Trek: Titan probably would have been good on screen or a ship set between TOS and TNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Titan, was that Riker's new commision?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

the head guy from PUSHING DAISIES (currently hard at work trying to save HEROES) has an 'idea' for a series.

Abrams doesn't have an actual 'freeze option' but he has asked nicely for another few years of keeping TREK off TV. Paramount will be on their knees to JJ come opening week-end.

the head guy from PUSHING DAISIES (currently hard at work trying to save HEROES) has an 'idea' for a series.

Abrams doesn't have an actual 'freeze option' but he has asked nicely for another few years of keeping TREK off TV. Paramount will be on their knees to JJ come opening week-end.

since Paramount own the rights, can't they do just about anything they want?

chamlis wrote: »
    Titan, was that Riker's new commision?

the further thay go from riker the better, i couldn't stand that guy!

since Paramount own the rights, can't they do just about anything they want?

yes, but if Abrams movie is a blockbuster, Paramount will give him anything he wants

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Rawr

I've always been a little curious about what happened with the Enterprise B. Maybe they could do that?

Although doing a TOS show with a different crew? We'll yea..that could work if they don't make and Enterprise-like mess of things. I don't like that 'different universe' idea. Sounds like an excuse to ignore continuity(is Berman still hanging around?).

However...if it was mirror universe...that would kick ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i lovethe mirror univerce but onlybecause itwas a break in the series - allot of funny's and over acting but if they stick with the established mirror universe it would be great to see the rise of the terran empire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I would really have loved to have seen the Excelsior as a series.

Other than that, Mirror Universe detailing the Terran Rebellion that started in Terok'Nor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Were there ever any plans to make a New Frontiers series?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

yes, but if Abrams movie is a blockbuster, Paramount will give him anything he wants

Hahahahaha , you do actually know who paramount are yea ?, if there is money to be made, it will be made , they will wait to see if the new movie is a blockbuster , maybe let him do a 2nd but i sure if the new movie does well enough , they will start working on some short of t.v. show.

star trek klingons ?

star trek anthology type show ( sure you could have two or 3 esp arcs , but it gives you so much freedom to jump around time periods and do shows from aliens side of things ?
    i am guessing if they can't do it as a proper anthology, set it on one of those time ship the federation will have 29th century you know the USS Relativity wells class . so you can still have esp that visit different time period in federation history... i mean once it does not get crap like the temporal cold war stuff :D .

Hahahahaha , you do actually know who paramount are yea ?, if there is money to be made, it will be made , they will wait to see if the new movie is a blockbuster , maybe let him do a 2nd but i sure if the new movie does well enough , they will start working on some short of t.v. show.

dude, it's happened before.
    warner brothers want chris nolan to make all their dc movies, but he is not interested. dc a potential goldmine that has not been properly utilised in years [ie since superman 2] until nolan took on batman. after tdk wb are in love with nolan and are on their knees in worship, eager to do as he bids [they want another tdk, he wants a break, wb will be there waiting when he is ready]
    star trek is paramount's dc. strangled to death by berman and his croonies [only ds9 escaped his evil hands].berman = schmacher if you will. abrams = nolan . the guy who created alias and lost, - the secrecy surrounding the set spread curiousity [people i know hate trek talk about that], the record breaking event with the trailers - i tell paramount execs are wetting themselves.
    they won't want to screw this up. nobody wants to be like fox.

• Advertisement
Advertisement