Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Soap characters you want to smack!

• 18-03-2009 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

There are always annoying characters or vilains on soaps which are there to provide storylines and we're not supposed to like every character - that's what makes it more interesting.

But sometimes a character develops to be so annoying that they'd nearly make you stop watching the show.

For me it's David Platt - a former winner of Best Vilain at the soap awards but lately has turned into the most spoiled, selfish, immature, smug and infuriating brat. I just cannot stand to watch him anymore. Everytime he get's brought down to earth he resurfaces more smug than before - aaaaaaahhhhhhh

(Yes, I know it's not real but for the purpose of this topic.....)

Who else would make you switch over?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

I want to smack Ian Beale from Eastenders. He's an ugly, skinny, evil, moaning, money grabbing miser who makes his whole family truly unhappy. That leather jacket and the bluetooth in every episode annoys me to the core.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

David Platt, Coronation Street, the guy's a [word removed] :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Mary D

I agree with the David Prat one. I also can't stand the one in fair city, Heather. She has about 3 expressions and uses them for every situation. She always looks stunned by what the other actors have just said to her, worst actress ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shel1964

that new girlfriend of Dev's (Coronation Street)...looks like a crazy frog!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭julien69

Dominic in Fair City,need i say anymore.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

julien69 wrote: »
    Dominic in Fair City,need i say anymore.:mad:

Hopefully someone will smack him a good one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Crude posts by Julien69 deleted (not the first time in the last few days either)
    Post any more crap in Soap Operas and you'll get a 2 month ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

shel1964 wrote: »
    that new girlfriend of Dev's (Coronation Street)...looks like a crazy frog!:eek:

Not only that, but what about Dev's uncle? And why, when he met the uncle, did Dev have to start talking like Peter Sellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

That wanker William from Fair City a while ago! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

shel1964 wrote: »

100% YES :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    Hopefully someone will smack him a good one soon.

I'd actually nearly give him a smack if i saw him in the street - although i know he doesn't exist....as in his character....i'm sure he's very nice in real life...ahem...:D His voice CREEPS me out big time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Any member of the Platt family. Probably hit Gail first, especially when she does that stupid lovey dovey look. Creepy !
    Give Dev a slap too, the Coronation St writers have turned him into a panto dame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Rosie Webster in Corrie. She really bugs me with her piercing mad looking eyes and her total diva attitude. And what really gets me is the fact that her parents don't see anything wrong with her and how she behaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

ratmouse wrote: »
    Rosie Webster in Corrie. She really bugs me with her piercing mad looking eyes and her total diva attitude. And what really gets me is the fact that her parents don't see anything wrong with her and how she behaves.

I once saw an interview with the actress that plays her and she is basically the same in real life - all pouty and 'look at me'.........scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Billy Mitchell in Enders!

Huggles wrote: »
    Billy Mitchell in Enders!

Poor old Billy! You have to kinda feel sorry for him though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Poor old Billy! You have to kinda feel sorry for him though!

Ah ya i love Billy - he's a trier god luv him - and god loves a trier!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭julien69

Dominic in Fair City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭StroppySu

Heather in Eastenders... I'm all for putting "comedy" into soap opera's, but lets please keep it in some way realistic people!! Her clothes, the fact that she acts like a 6 year old etc etc :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

Oh my God there are so many characters in all the soaps that drive me crazy

Eastenders; Ian, The Massuads (or however you spell it), Archie, the winger-can't remember her name but shes Ronnie's daughter

Coronation Street; Gail, Dev, his uncle and girlfriend, that new hairdresser, Norris and his girlfriend

• Advertisement

ohanloj3 wrote: »
    Oh my God there are so many characters in all the soaps that drive me crazy

Eastenders; Ian, The Massuads (or however you spell it), Archie, the winger-can't remember her name but shes Ronnie's daughter

Coronation Street; Gail, Dev, his uncle and girlfriend, that new hairdresser, Norris and his girlfriend

The new hairdresser in Corrie is an unbelievable pain alright. She's so desperate and gobby. As for Eastenders, don't know her first name but Massuads wife- such A Little Mrs. Perfect wannabe-don't know how her husband has put up with her nit picking and pedantic ways for this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Has to be Gail in Corrie for me too, the last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it.
    Ali (sp?) from Fair City bugs the sh!t out of me. Her voice is irritating and she can't act for sh!t!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

ohanloj3 wrote: »

+1

Ronnie, Roxy and Danielle in Eastenders.

Una, Ali, Leos new love interest, Turlough in Fair City.

Belle in H&A really really annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

1. Ken fcukin' Barlow - I'd love to kick him in the face....what an assh*le..and your one in the boat-what a boring individual..drown the two of them, that's what I say:mad:
    2. Gail is just asking for a good hard slap too...with all her compulsive blinking and peeping up through her fringe at your man, trying to be all flirty:rolleyes:.
    3. Sally, words fail me...I just can't bear her:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Oh god! Where to start.

I have given up watching Corrie cos I dislike so many of the characters

Gail Platt and the stupid faces she makes

Norris, Rita and Emily. They drive me crazy.

Sally Webster.......

Liz behind the bar and thank god they got rid of Vernon! He drove me demented.

Ken & Deirdre Barlow - Eugh that womans neck

Hmmmm I could be here for a while talking about Corrie

The only one I despise in Fair City is that Annette the Solicitor one! :mad:

Eastenders: I think the only one I dislike is Heather. She is always moaning and complaining.

I feel sorry for Billy. Is he ever going to be happy in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

Coronation Street - Gail, Tony, Michelle, Liz, Deirdre, Janice.

Eastenders - Ronnie, Archie, Peggy, Heather, MAX (god that guy is irritating!), his daughter who can't sing, not Lauren, the other one, the Masoods, Ian.

Emmerdale - Lexi, Aaron, VICTORIA (whiney effer!), Nicola (used to love her), Diane, Andy, the Wyldes, PADDY (no way could he get someone like Chas).

I think the best question is, who would I NOT hit, the list is a lot shorter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Lol, I just watch Corrie - Gail (those batting eyelashes, aaargh!!)

David drives me mad too but he's amusing!

Ken acting the whole playa these days with his bit on the side.

Who really bugs me though? That idiot who is Kirk's gf, she does my head in!! Aargh such a busy-body!!

Oh I forgot Deirdre and Norris! Urgh!

One of my favs is Blanche, she's hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

Corrie has so many i cant watch it without feeling physically ill. Ken & deirdre should be shot in the face. And whats the deal with Bill! Why is he there??
    I would happily dance on your one Pam's head. And emily and the rest of the coffin dodgers should be long gone.
    Eastenders most annoying is ian beales son! Such a lick a**e! UGH! :mad: Bianca is so ugly she makes me sick. and she is wearing those grey leopard print jeans and spaceman puffy jacket for bout 10 months now. Do they need to be surgically removed at this point??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Eastenders

Ian Beale - Money hungry little leech everytime i see him i wanna kill someone

Dotty Cotton(grandaughter) - She is some little physco, and last night when she was slagging off Tiffany and the little good as gold head on her, god i felt like giving her a belt.

Heather - Ok so your overweight- STOP WINGEING AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! moan moan moan -"i cant get a man" "Im fat" Jesus get over it!!!! And the PUS on her now cos Minty has a new girfriend. Jesus!!!

Corrie

David Platt- Physco - only word for him

Graham - He just bugs me acting like a retard- that stupid trick he played pretending Freds hats possesed - what a gob****e

Dev - Vain- rides everyone, self explainatory.I mean is there anyone on the street he HASNT shagged!!!

Uhmed - Whats the point of this guy- he talks nothing but crap , says that Tara is using Dev for money all the while living off Dev and paying for nothing

Sally Webster - thinks shes gods gift and better than everyone else.Miss high and mighty "my rosie this my rosie that" trying to live her failed life through her Kids. What a bitch!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 EngTech

I'd like to smack her too.

But for different reasons :pac:

Advertisement