Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

games/puzzles with mathematical solutions

Options
  • 18-02-2009 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

hey guys
    a friend of mine is writing a paper on logical games / games with mathematical solutions.
    any chance you could point her in the right direction or throw a couple of titles of games that you think would be suitable.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

enimakat wrote: »
    hey guys
    a friend of mine is writing a paper on logical games / games with mathematical solutions.
    any chance you could point her in the right direction or throw a couple of titles of games that you think would be suitable.
    Thanks
    Well.. the most obvious one is Sudoku. I'd say you could write a paper on that alone :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Kakuro uses mathematical solutions.

RHRN wrote: »
    Kakuro uses mathematical solutions.
    I had never heard of that before. It looks very devious! Ther's more information here for anyone that's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

malice_ wrote: »
    Well.. the most obvious one is Sudoku. I'd say you could write a paper on that alone :).

Sudoku has nothing to do with maths.

You could replace the numbers 1 to 9 with pictures of different animals or with colours.

Kooli wrote: »
    Sudoku has nothing to do with maths.

You could replace the numbers 1 to 9 with pictures of different animals or with colours.
    I agree that it has nothing to do with maths, I never said it did. Please read the original post:
    enimakat wrote: »
    hey guys
    Thanks
    The part in bold is what I deemed Sudoku to be an appropriate response to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement