Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Bluray news

Options
  • 17-02-2009 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

http://trekmovie.com/2009/02/16/cbs-paramount-announce-first-star-trek-blu-ray-sets-tos-s1-all-tos-movies-coming-aprilmay/

Well season one of TOS will be out just before the new trek movie (big deal it was already broadcast in HD, released in HD DVd and streamed online in HD)

What im really interested is the first 6 star trek movies remastered in HD. Can wait to see the mutara nebula from Wrath of Khan and as well as Vger and not to mention the destruction of Praxis :)

There are 720p floating around the net but im not bothered myself - waste of 80gig of space but i hope to see first contact in 1080 at some stage.

EDIT:

The collection also includes a bonus disc entitled “Star Trek: The Captains’ Summit” that features a 70-minute exclusive round table discussion hosted by Whoopi Goldberg in which William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes share candid moments and intimate details about life on the set.

The STAR TREK: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE COLLECTION Blu-ray discs are presented in 1080p high definition with English 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, French and Spanish audio and English, English SDH, French, Spanish & Portuguese subtitles.

I like the Captins Summit idea although as far as i can remember franks is a bit of an asshole?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Not at all. he is supposed to be a heck of a nice fella (I love that story about pissing off Baird over the sex scene in Nemesis)

Stewart on the other hand is a bit full of himself.

I keep hearing that Shatner is through with Trek yet he keeps showing up in things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

link to nemesis story please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

give me a few minutes to find it

Advertisement