Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skins

• 16-02-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ok I know there's a thread on the Television forum about this, but I think it's totally relevant here! Anyone else watch this awesome TV show? I only started watching it last year when it was season 2 and really got into it. I was pretty sad when they ended it with the old cast. That said I do like the new cast a lot (except Cook, who's supposed to be the new Chris, he does my head in). It's sometimes pretty depressing watching it thought as they never seem to spend any time sitting around in pyjama bottoms and a mangy hoody with greasy skin studying for exams :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Saw a few episodes of the first two series, never really got into it. Storylines were ok, but I thought a lot of the acting was fairly wooden.
    From the bits I saw I really liked Cassie, she's a great character.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was a massive fan of the first 2 series, the characters had the perfect mixture of love and hate and the music, clothes and adult characters were perfect.

This series is terrible though, I've given up now in disgust. They're all ridiculous children's TV stereotypes, and there's no decent humour this time around. It's very much "Lol we're so shocking we take drugs and are oh-so-cool don't you just want to be us!?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Followed the last two series, didn't really like the first two episodes in the new series, but it does seem to take awhile for the characters to develop, with the last crowd they sort of did it one by one, completely with you on the Cook thing Piste, he's very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

the first series was brilliant, second not so much and i didn't even bother with the third one so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Skins is the one show i wish could be shot then shot again then burnt and never seen again. The bullsh!t it's spawned now with the whole huge indy trend is beyond annoying.

• Advertisement

I hated the new series of skins but it is gradually growing on me.I like the fact that Effie is becoming more human and is not the ice queen she appears to be.Also, where are all the guest appearances by the old cast?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Dante

its shít....they completly ruined it. Skins used to be clever and very deep, now its just a bunch of retards smoking and drinking at every chance. They've also ruined effy's character, shes used to be mysterious and wierd. Now shes a filthy slut with no morals...oh well!

Also, the music isn't as good as it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Season 1 and 2 were made of win.
    Season 3 is terrible.

Weak story lines, weak characters, and crappy dialogue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Skins season one was very good.

Season two, first few episodes were pretty awful(I gave up on it temporarily, it was soooo bad), but it redeemed itself towards the end.

Season three isnt great, it could be alot worse though.

What was semi decent about the first two seasons, was the actors could almost act in comparison to this season.

Dont re-watch the first two seasons, I decided I would, and it dissapointed me alot! The plot is alright the first time, but kinda strained on repeat views.

The soundtrack has always been pretty good, I find indie music to be almost enjoyable when it has something to distract me from its awfulness :pac: Fúcked Up in the first episode of this season was a nice inclusion.

I dont agree that it spawned the indie trend, both Topman and Nu Rave existed before Skins did.

• Advertisement

Fad wrote: »
    Skins season one was very good.

Season two, first few episodes were pretty awful(I gave up on it temporarily, it was soooo bad), but it redeemed itself towards the end.

Season three isnt great, it could be alot worse though.

What was semi decent about the first two seasons, was the actors could almost act in comparison to this season.

Dont re-watch the first two seasons, I decided I would, and it dissapointed me alot! The plot is alright the first time, but kinda strained on repeat views.

The soundtrack has always been pretty good, I find indie music to be almost enjoyable when it has something to distract me from its awfulness :pac: Fúcked Up in the first episode of this season was a nice inclusion.

I dont agree that it spawned the indie trend, both Topman and Nu Rave existed before Skins did.

Sure even "The O.C." did indie.:D

Sure even "The O.C." did indie.:D

The OC did have a decent soundtrack, and by decent, NO KLAXONS!

And Seth was and still is the Bee's Knees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I've never watched it, but I've heard Skins is like The OC for posers/emos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I wouldn't say emos, but posers yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I've never watched it, but I've heard Skins is like The OC for posers/emos.

In a nutshell it's why you see more and more people who look like they are from the 80's.

Stev_o wrote: »
    In a nutshell it's why you see more and more people who look like they are from the 80's.

Saved By The Bell.........With almost slightly better music.

(What would that be like actually?)

Saved By The Bell.........With almost slightly better music.

(What would that be like actually?)
    Man, saved by the bell was in a world of its own.I loved Kelly!:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't watch any popular TV series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Im a bit of Skins fanatic to be honest!

Loved the first two series, thought the show was just really different and interesting.

The new series isnt as good as the first two but it is growing on me and I am beginning to enjoy it just like i did with the first two series.

I don't agree with people saying Cook is the new chris, freddie is the new Tony etc etc

Freddie for example is alot more shy than tony was and Cook is just absolutely insane, Chris had alot more morals than Cook does.

Like the Dazzler said, its really interesting seeing that Effy has a vulnerable side that we havent seen before !

Anyway, great show, cant wait to see how this series pans out and also cant wait to see the introduction of the older characters!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'm hitting mid 20's

please dont say that 17 year olds get up to that now. if so, i must have led a very sheltered life :(

• Advertisement

To a certain extent agent_smith although I have been wilder during my college days rather than my school days.

=

I don't agree with people saying Cook is the new chris, freddie is the new Tony etc etc

Freddie for example is alot more shy than tony was and Cook is just absolutely insane, Chris had alot more morals than Cook does.

Like the Dazzler said, its really interesting seeing that Effy has a vulnerable side that we havent seen before !

Anyway, great show, cant wait to see how this series pans out and also cant wait to see the introduction of the older characters!

Cook is the ugly one/the one your not supposed to like.
    Freddie is NYOMNOMNOMNOM hawt one (Apparently).
    JJ is the really awkward one that you cant help liking.
    Effy doesnt seem to do much other than be outrageously attractive now.

Basically the split Tony in to Cook and Freddie. Sid is replaced with JJ. Effy is herself/the new Michele. Rest of them are superfluous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im a bit of a skins addict.
    ive watched the first two series at least three times!
    the third series isnt as good but i still like it.
    Love Pandora.shes just so dizzy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Basically the split Tony in to Cook and Freddie. Sid is replaced with JJ. Effy is herself/the new Michele. Rest of them are superfluous.

Pandora is in no way superfluous! I think she's fantastic. Loved her pyjama party in the last episode. I also really like the twins too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Maybe I'll start watching this :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

cautioner wrote: »
    Maybe I'll start watching this :rolleyes:

Just google pictures of the cast instead and go "Durr durr" a few times, it's basically the same thing. Effy is gorgeous though

Piste wrote: »
    Pandora is in no way superfluous! I think she's fantastic. Loved her pyjama party in the last episode. I also really like the twins too.

Thing is, I prefer the twins and Pandora and the.......other one, whatever her name is:pac:

But the others seem to have more of a part in the show.

phasers wrote: »
    Just google pictures of the cast instead and go FAP FAP a few times, it's basically the same thing. Effy is gorgeous though

Fixed:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭girlbiker

Given up watching it, Effy is just so wooden and all she does is purse her lips and half smile while blinking slowly, outrageously attractive I dont think!
    Pandora is funny though, surf and turf!
    Doesnt matter though I've given up well and proper. Not a patch on the last series plus I'm too old now to be fancying actual 17 year olds. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

They've also ruined effy's character, shes used to be mysterious and wierd. Now shes a filthy slut with no morals...oh well!
    And your complaining?;):eek:

Naomi is strangely attractive as well. Dunno why tbh but yeah I would.

Advertisement