Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭tossy

+1 Plus its not as if he is not going to suffer massive depreciation anyway,plus only a very foolish man would pass up on buying a mint well minded car because it didn't have a Dublin reg (that is presuming it will be well looked after)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

KY plate on any car is a death sentence. People won't buy Kerry plates second hand, only in Kerry, as the roads off any of the main roads are horrific (I should know, I spend plenty of time down there), and on top of that, your mates will be making KY jelly jokes for months to come.

Really, to have any hope of selling a DB9 afterwards, the owner would have to put a D plate on it. Not for snobbery, but for creating a wider audience when it comes time to look for a potential buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

I once saw a Roscommon registered Lamborghini Diablo with a tow bar on it. :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

el diablo wrote: »
    I once saw a Roscommon registered Lamborghini Diablo with a tow bar on it. :eek:
    yea, I think we're gonna need proof of that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

even though i'm fairly sure he's messing about that, I did sell a Beetle cabriolet to a farmer about 2 years ago and he got me to fit a towbar on the back!!!!
    Cream with a red roof.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Saw an Audi R8 outsite Halfords in Carrickmines about 20 minutes ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

ned78 wrote: »
    and on top of that, your mates will be making KY jelly jokes for months to come.

LMAO!

Ah really the sad truth is that it will be MUCH harder to sell cos of the KY reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

KY plate on any car is a death sentence. People won't buy Kerry plates second hand, only in Kerry, as the roads off any of the main roads are horrific (I should know, I spend plenty of time down there), and on top of that, your mates will be making KY jelly jokes for months to come.

Really, to have any hope of selling a DB9 afterwards, the owner would have to put a D plate on it. Not for snobbery, but for creating a wider audience when it comes time to look for a potential buyer.

+1 on that, well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

steve06 wrote: »
    yea, I think we're gonna need proof of that now!

Not as daft as it sounds, and it is very plausible. I'll try find out.

Also, black 05 DB 9 in Sandymount about an hour ago. The driver could not even have been in his thirties :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

There's one for every county so i'm lead to believe...

Apparently it's the Mayors second car
    DB9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Wouldn't surprise me if there was one for each county for MY 05!
    This was 05-D-8900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

tossy wrote: »
    What a silly silly post! The man is obviously from or living in kerry so fair play to him,going to the trouble of getting a D reg or any other reg with be plain stupid.

When you have nothing better to say.......

You have obviously never spent much time on kerry roads. Ive spent most weekends of my early years down there and i will never buy a ky reg car. And its nothing to do with snobbery its to do with the fact that the car will be battered. The roads in Kerry are on another level of appalling. The suspension will be working twice as hard as it will in any other county. Id have no problem with the man putting a reg of a county anywhere but Kerry on it. The roads there are a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I saw a new shape 2009 7 Series BMW near the government building yesterday, it's a massive improvement on the old one, the grill on the front is MASSIVE!

a0001681_486e5ab7e9f98.jpg

It had a little symbol just behind the front wheels, kinda like a little tree or something, like a company logo?

S.

samsemtex wrote: »
    You have obviously never spent much time on kerry roads. Ive spent most weekends of my early years down there and i will never buy a ky reg car. And its nothing to do with snobbery its to do with the fact that the car will be battered. The roads in Kerry are on another level of appalling. The suspension will be working twice as hard as it will in any other county. Id have no problem with the man putting a reg of a county anywhere but Kerry on it. The roads there are a complete joke.

There are worse roads in Ireland than those in kerry,ask porsche :cool:

My comments quoted above were not a commentary on the state of kerry roads but merely a response to the silly post saying that it was so so so wrong to put KY plates on an Aston,i doubt very much that the poster of these comments meant it was so wrong on because of the state of the roads but rather it was so wrong because he was perhaps from inside the pale or an avid cork man or some other narrow minded,non helpful reason to post such silly comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Also the wing mirrors aren't chrome? Is it an RS6 or a very good mock up?
    Definately a sleeper whatever way you look at it!

I actually saw one of these in black in Ballsbridge not too long ago, 08 D on a Des Cullen plate.[/QUOTE]

Ya, good point on the mirrors. I'm pretty sure it had the flat bottomed wheel though. If it's a rep, it's pretty well done although I don't think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

I saw an british reg s6 in Sligo at Xmas - no chrome mirrors but it did have the oval pipes at the back. Lovely motor. It was the real deal too because he overtook about 5 cars in a row all traveling at 70 to 80 mph in a few seconds and I could hear the growl as the pressure came on. Sleeper is not the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

i doubt very much that the poster of these comments meant it was so wrong on because of the state of the roads but rather it was so wrong because he was perhaps from inside the pale or an avid cork man or some other narrow minded,non helpful reason to post such silly comments.

yeah, that guy who posted those comments definitely didnt have the same opinion as me. I wonder who that dark stranger was so we could ask him for his exact meaning behind his statement. :rolleyes:

edit: and no there are not worse roads than those in Kerry. There may be the odd road that is as bad but for sheer quantity of collapsing, potholed roads Kerry is unrivaled.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭EI321

Arab-registered X5, seen in Dublin recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Oddly enough as much as car dealers say that it might make a difference of a few hundred euros. Your talking about a car thats worth a couple of hundred thousand. I can assure you it wont bother the owner that his reg may make it a few hundred cheaper second hand. Plus its a stupid preconception by dealers and reg snobs.

Its a kit car.

Funxy wrote: »
    Oddly enough as much as car dealers say that it might make a difference of a few hundred euros. Your talking about a car thats worth a couple of hundred thousand. I can assure you it wont bother the owner that his reg may make it a few hundred cheaper second hand. Plus its a stupid preconception by dealers and reg snobs.

Its a kit car.

+1 spoken by a woman keeping it real on the reg front. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

+1 spoken by a woman keeping it real on the reg front. :D

Not that crap again !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I saw a new shape 2009 7 Series BMW near the government building yesterday, it's a massive improvement on the old one, the grill on the front is MASSIVE!

a0001681_486e5ab7e9f98.jpg

It had a little symbol just behind the front wheels, kinda like a little tree or something, like a company logo?

S.
    Was the symbol a gold S? Could be owned by the Shelbourne. They often have logo'd 7 series (LWB) parked up outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

No, I don't think so, the Shlebourne symbol is normally on the front doors, this was smaller and just behind the front wheel, below the weird silver thing that looks like a hinge.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Funxy wrote: »

Eh, we're not talking a few hundred euro here. The difference would be several thousand on an Aston Martin or similar car..

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭jimboddb

Eh, we're not talking a few hundred euro here. The difference would be several thousand on an Aston Martin or similar car..

Second that, madness putting a KY reg on an aston. Astons are posers cars & no poser is gonna buy that plate. A mate took a KY reg SLK couple of years ago & had trouble shifting the thing down to d reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

david wrote: »
    Was the symbol a gold S? Could be owned by the Shelbourne. They often have logo'd 7 series (LWB) parked up outside.

I think it's a car from the Four Seasons in Ballsbridge.

Did it look like this?

Four%20Seasons%20Logo%20%28Hotel%29.jpg

peasant wrote: »
    Not that crap again !

I think you sir misunderstood me,i was referring to the 'W' on the regs,im sure the D reg posers would express similar disgust at putting a W reg on nice cars.Imagine the cheek of culchies buying nice cars and putting their home county regs on them,the utter cheek! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

jimboddb wrote: »
    Second that, madness putting a KY reg on an aston. Astons are posers cars & no poser is gonna buy that plate. A mate took a KY reg SLK couple of years ago & had trouble shifting the thing down to d reg.

What do you mean "had trouble shifting the thing down to d reg"?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I think you sir misunderstood me
    Indeed, I did.

sent the troll-o-meter for re-calibration

• Advertisement

peasant wrote: »
    Indeed, I did.

sent the troll-o-meter for re-calibration

Ha ha no bothers at all.

This discussion has been closed.