Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert MapInfo file to .dwg

Options
  • 10-02-2009 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

Hi all - hoping you might be able to help!

Files I need are in MapInfo format (mapping layers) - and I need to include these layers on maps I have prepared in CAD format. I do not have MapInfo - is there some way of converting mapinfo files to .dwg?

Will I be able to match the original co-ordinates?!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Wallacebiy

As far as I know , you need to use the Universal translator tool with Mapinfo to do the translation . I don't know of any other standalone tools that can convert mapinfo to anything else.

Sorry if that's bad news !
    Someone may know of an online service maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Wallacebiy wrote: »
    As far as I know , you need to use the Universal translator tool with Mapinfo to do the translation . I don't know of any other standalone tools that can convert mapinfo to anything else.

Sorry if that's bad news !
    Someone may know of an online service maybe ?

Hmm thanks for the reply - what exactly is the Universal translator tool?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Private Joker

the Universal translator tool is built into mapinfo.

pm me if you want and i can convert it for you. only takes seconds to do.

And it will keep its coord system

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

the Universal translator tool is built into mapinfo.

pm me if you want and i can convert it for you. only takes seconds to do.

And it will keep its coord system

:) Thanks for the offer! The Consultant still has the files, hence I was hoping to find a way of sorting it and speed up the situation - so I will tell them to use the tool and hopefully all will be ok!

Advertisement