Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what stereotype do u fit into?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

EmoMatt15 wrote: »
    Im your mom

How marvellously witty...
    Davidius wrote: »
    Not if it makes everybody else think you're uncool!

Other people's opinions are only valid up to a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

An File wrote: »
    Other people's opinions are only valid up to a point.
    With that point being infinity, right!?

[/world over]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Davidius wrote: »
    With that point being infinity, right!?

[/world over]

infinitybeyond.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JoeJoe9

First Post!

Err , like everybody it's a mix -

Wasn't thought of as being smart yet I got really good marks in the JC (Top 10 in the year) suprising everyone (Mainly myself :))
    Sporty (Gaelic and Soccer) but I dont really hang out with the "Jocks" or whatever who are on my team

The main group that I'm in are the people aren't considered nerds or emos by the "Popular" group and get along well enough with them without being to much in the spotlight

Suit me down to the ground:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Im just the kinda guy who gets on with everyone!!:cool:

Except people I hate..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

For some reason, id be known as the emo of the school!

For some reason, id be known as the emo of the school!
    wait,wait let me guess....judging from your user name id say kind of raver/scumbag style??:pac:

Im always so easy to see through =]
    heh, the rest of them are the aforementioned raver/scumbag type tho!!

Im always so easy to see through =]
    heh, the rest of them are the aforementioned raver/scumbag type tho!!
    So are you conformist or non-conformist??
    or do you no-conform by conforming with the conformists??
    OR
    do the scumbag/ravers just call you a ''****in' goth''??:rolleyes:

No they've become well learned in how to tell an emo apart from a goth, crafty fellas!!

i'll give the old emo line of "im an individual" as my basis from non conforming :)

• Advertisement

So what happens when you go to a concert and theres loads of people just like you but at the same time you all say your individuals??
    That must get confusing!!:confused:

It does get confusing...but I belief confusion is the past present and future..And as a conforming non conformist I think that confusion should be understood as nothingness flowing in the wind, a bittrr cycle of life...

^
    Things like that are why im called emo :P

It does get confusing...but I belief confusion is the past present and future(emo)..And as a conforming non conformist I think that confusion should be understood as nothingness(emo) flowing in the wind(emo), a bittrr cycle of life(emo)...

^
    Things like that are why im called emo :P

FYP!!:p

Thank you so much! (emoooo!!!)
    I have also been called a "good weird"
    And that made me feel good!

i Did it in red cause emos like red and black i think??well they were all wearing red and black at 30 seconds to mars anyway!!:D
    Well that sounded like an emo poem!!
    Do you like writing poems on windswept days?is that what emos do??im just curious!!

I love red and black!
    I love 30STM!!
    I love poems!!

I think your an emo deep down my friend!

I love red and black!
    I love 30STM!!
    I love poems!!

I love 2 out of those 3 things. Who can guess which one I hate? :pac:

30STM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Until this year I've always played a sport, soccer for 8 years, cross country running for 4 years during that time, and basketball for two years. I enjoy watching soccer, but not as much as I used to, these days I love watching rugby. I reckon this makes me some kind of a jock........

But wait, I grew my hair long when I was 16 and didn't cut it short again until I was 18. I've been getting heavily into all kinds of rock, alternative and metal music since about 14. I've played guitar since I was 12. I guess this solidifies me as a "rocker".

Although, hang on, I also have been getting into electronic music since I was 16/17, and although it began as just experimental stuff like Aphex Twin, I slowly got into a lot of dance music, especially psytrance, though I'm branching out to a lot of other genres, ambient house and minimal techno being what I'm getting into at the moment. And one of my favourite things to do is to go out dancing, especially with glowsticks! :D I suppose this means I'm some kind of raver....

But then, what about the fact that I've always been very good academically? Does this make me a nerd? Or that I'm really interested in computers? Am I a computer nerd too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Tbh, the whole 'emo' thing, and indeed most stereotypes, are a load of w@nk...

• Advertisement

I love red and black!
    I love 30STM!!
    I love poems!!

Whoa,whoa back the fuck up!!Im not an emo!!Emo is a ridiculous term for people who have sharp fringes plastered to the side of there faces!!Look at my last.fm sig playlist!!doesnt look very 'Emo' to me!

and i hate Jared Leto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭golfguy

i am emo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

golfguy wrote: »
    i am emo

That like's golf? Theres a first! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭golfguy

yes i no that is waread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

golfguy wrote: »
    yes i no that is waread

otay. ;)

and i hate Jared Leto.

We all do, hes icky!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I hate stereotypes.

But then again, I'm a scanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Hippie Nerd or Nerdy Hippie

I am serious, i have been called that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Got to agree with JC 2K3 here.
    I do rowing, used to do rugby, love watching both and other sports. Jock?

Wait, I listen to an enormous amount of metal and I have lots of metal t-shirts and I play electric guitar. Rocker/stoner?

Wait, I also have lots of Abercrombie, AE and Hollister. (and people say I'm really posh:confused:) D4?

I also listen to Jazz, Classical, Neoclassical, Rap, Techno and I ****ing love it all.

And how could I forget? I go to CTYI, have a regular subscription to BBC Focus, read NatGeo sometimes and also New Scientist. At the moment the books I'm reading are:
    Origin of Species
    God Delusion
    Blink (Malcolm Gladwell)
    I'm also love messing with computers and stuff (prob cause my dad works with them). Nerd?

So I listen to music, wear clothes, and have hobbies that fit me into an enormous variety of these stupid stereotypes.

So to answer your question OP, I don't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm a human... That's my stereotype...

Advertisement