Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the best season of TNG?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Season 3 was TNG par excellance for me, followed very closely by 4 and then 5. Two comes next, followed by 6 and 7 and, lastly, 1.

I thought the series was consistently excellent through seasons 3 and 4, getting much better in season 2, of a high standard in season 5, getting poorer in 6 and 7, and pretty awful in season 1.

What was TNG's best season? 11 votes

Season One
    0%
    Season Two
    0%
    Season Three
    0%
    Season Four
    27%
    GoodshapeAmtmannRawr 3 votes
    Season Five
    27%
    Johnny StormnyarlothothepChocolateSauce 3 votes
    Season Six
    27%
    GerardKeatingNiskaSvalbard 3 votes
    Season Seven
    18%
    VokesUser45701 2 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Wrong forum, methinks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Season Four
    Alun wrote: »
    Wrong forum, methinks :D

Yup, I've reported myself to the mods. Sorry.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Oops :D

Edit: Nerd :D

Season Four
    Oops :D

Edit: Nerd :D

You feck off! First poor Avril, now this! *the shame*
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Well I looked under television and couldn't find it there so I am hoping this is the correct place for this?

regards...Calina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Rawr

Season Four
    For me, it's also Season 3, but it's a hard toss between Season 2 and 4 too!

Season 3 features on average some of the best episodes of the series run. It started weakly with a 'Wesley and His Killer Robo-Germs', but then onto some great episdoes, such as Booby Trap and the 'Enemy Mine'-like episode 'The Enemy' where Geordi must work with a Romulan to survive.

This is followed up with the excellent 'The Defector' and the truly great 'Yesterday's Enterprise' (I often wished that all of TNG would be set in that reality. 'Battle Log...War Date 235643.4'....classic stuff)

And then ends with the best cliffhanger a Star Trek (or other) series could hope for- 'The Best of Both Worlds (part 1)'

Season Four
    Absolutely. I found it very difficult to choose between season 3 and 4, but in the end episodes like "The Offspring", "Sins of the Father", "The Defector", "The Enemy", "Booby Trap", "Sarek" and "The Survivors" swung it for me.
    The cinematography is season 3 was also absolutely superb.

Season 4 was also excellent - "Family", "Reunion", "Final Mission", "The Wounded", "The Nth Degree", "Qpid", and of course "Redemption" really stood out for me.

These episodes over those two seasons marked halcyon days for TNG for me.

Season 2: I loved "Q Who", "Where Silence Has Lease", "The Dauphin", "Contagion", and "Pen Pals", but there was a lot of rubbish there too - such as "Shades of Gray" and "Up the Long Ladder". In addition I continued to dislike the uniforms.

Season 1 stank to high heaven in my view.

Season 5 was a mixed bag, though generally very good. I loved "Redemption", "Silicon Avatar", "Disaster", "Unification" and "Conundrum", but didn't like just as many such as "The Game", "A Matter of Time", "Imaginary Friend", "I, Borg", "The Next Phase" and "Time's Arrow". I also feel the cinematography was quite poor here.

Sadly seasons 6 and 7 got worse, bar some excellent episodes like "Schisms", "Chain of Command", "Face of the Enemy", "Suspicions" and "Timescape" in 6; and "Parallels", "The Pegasus", "Thine Own Self" and "Homeward" in 7. The cinematography was better in season 7 than it was in 6; and, I think, episodes like "Acquiel", "Interphase", "Masks" and "Sub Rosa" were boring or awful, or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Rawr

Season Four
    Furet wrote: »
    Season 2: I loved "Q Who", "Where Silence Has Lease", "The Dauphin", "Contagion", and "Pen Pals", but there was a lot of rubbish there too - such as "Shades of Gray" and "Up the Long Ladder". In addition I continued to dislike the uniforms.

True. Shades of Gray especially annoyed me. I would have never expected a clip-show in Star Trek, and thankfully none since. (Just imagine a ST:ENT clip show *shudder*)

Season 2 is pretty much where I started to get into TNG and Star Trek in general. We get to see another Galaxy class ship blown to pieces for the first time, the Borg are introduced and whole season just feels darker.

With the exception of the final 2 episodes, Season 1 is very odd and does feature Wesley Crusher too often (i guess at that stage, they thought he would be popular:rolleyes:) I dunno, it just felt like that they were trying to copy the Original Series with modern effects at that stage, before fitting into their own style in Season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Whichever season had Chain of Command.

Advertisement