Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leverage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its a great show, JP Liz. Definitely similar to hustle, but in no way is it a bad remake - its very entertaining.

Episode 1 was a bit overblown (like they were trying too hard to make it 'cool') but since then its really settled down and its a great little show. The most recent episode in particular (#5 - The Bank Shot Job) was great stuff.

The basic idea behind the series is that 5 people, consisting of thieves, hackers and con artists create a company called Leverage Inc., and help out the innocent who have been robbed/wronged by greedy rich people or corporations.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team. ... sorry, wrong show. I can see the similarities though! :)

The script is very sharp, and the characters are well written. Some great zingy one-liners too (usually from Alec).

The payoffs at the end where the villain's realise they've been conned is usually well done, and very rewarding.

Give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep, one of my favorite shows this season - doesn't take itself too seriously I think and has fun with the concept. I really like the main cast and like Mr. E said, some great one-liners (which are helped even further by the cast chemistry).

My one fear is that they would have episode after episode of each plan going absolutely flawlessly and the team never comes close to getting caught/screwing up but those concerns were put to rest with the latest episode too. Definitely worth watching and I believe it's only going to be 13 episodes per season, like most US cable shows, so not too huge a commitment to watch it.

It's doing pretty good in the ratings too and a pickup looks very likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I really liked the pilot.
    Eps 2 and 3 were a disappointment as it felt all a little too "feel good" 7th heavenish.
    Will give eps 4 and 5 a go though in the hope it picks up a bit.

Renewed for a second season ... delighted! Love this show.

Excellent stuff :) - I've really enjoyed it so far...

• Advertisement

The last 20 minutes of episode 12 was the best TV I've seen so far this year.
    Felt like a season finale, but its finishing up next week.
    Love this show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Watched this show since the start as I've actually met some of the cast from their days in others shows.
    Even if that was not taken into consideration, I have to say, the show is going from strength to strength.

As we near the end (I'm watching the ahead American shows), you will note that there is growing a further story more serious story line what is only going to get better in season two - if there is a season two!

Stick with it - its worth is and you can't say that about a lot of shows.

Season 2 has been confirmed, see earlier in this thread.

Looking forward to the finale - I haven't watched "The First David Job" yet, so I think I'm just going to wait and watch both final episodes together, the titles make it sound like it's a two part-er. It's been great fun so far, it's good it got renewed... The entire cast is so good that it's hard to choose a favorite character, but Hardison has had some great moments especially in the last few episodes :).

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

just started watching it couple weeks ago and im liking it.. easy watch with funny quotes and good story lines.
    def one to watch if not too sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Just finished watching part 1 of the finale - watched the first season pretty much in one go a couple of weekends ago. Nice show, although Gina Bellman just really annoys me for some reason, her voice grates or something, not sure what it is. The first part was pretty good, and for some reason, Sterling strikes me as a really good 'villain', hope nothing happens to him in part 2 :)

Nice closure for season 1 - some great laughs in this episode too.

I think I preferred the first half of the finale last week. Roll on Season 2....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

Ludo wrote: »
    I really liked the pilot.
    Eps 2 and 3 were a disappointment as it felt all a little too "feel good" 7th heavenish.
    Will give eps 4 and 5 a go though in the hope it picks up a bit.

I feel exactly the same way e.gif The pilot was outstanding, I was very keen to see more of the show. Then they had a string of dissapointing episodes, which are just feelgood and have improbable plots. Characters aren't well developed, it's like they fired the writers after the pilot and got some hacks in, instead of the original guys.

Mr E wrote: »
    Nice closure for season 1 - some great laughs in this episode too.

I think I preferred the first half of the finale last week. Roll on Season 2....

Yep, "The First David Job" was a stronger episode, probably due to the fact that it didn't go all smoothly and it ended with the team scattered - in a way, it almost would have worked better as the finale (odd that the finale then takes places 3 months later, which is the kind of thing you expect when a show returns from its' break). Perhaps they were not expecting a pickup? If the show had ended, "The Second David Job" provides a lot more closure...

But the finale was very funny in a lot of places and pretty well done. The only thing that really annoyed me was that the whole team moved around so easily, even though they were wanted and their pictures were distributed to everyone apparently...

After stockpiling the series I finially started watching Leverage this evening. A lot of people have compared it to Hustle but in my opinion it's a far more entertaining series. The acting is much better, the characters are far more interesting and well any series/film starring Timmothy Hutton instantly gets a free pass in my books.

Edit: Nearly finished season one and absolutly loving it. It's definetly in my top 5 shows of the past year and I know full well that I will be picking it up on DVD.

Anyone else pick up on the multiple Doctor Who refrences. Nathan using the alias of Tom Baker, Sophie using Sarah Jane, Alec mentions the show in episodes 5 and then there's the passports whichall have the names of avtors who portrayed the Doctor.

Glad you caught up, London Enough Tangerine..... hope it gets an airing over here so everyone can see how much fun it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

On Wednesdays starting July 15, the second season of heist drama "Leverage" will run at 9 p.m.,

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Never even watched an episode of this... ah feck..

** adds Leverage - Season 1 to my already packed Summer viewing **

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

saw all of season one, I remember Chis Kane talking about the show when he started doing it and it looked pretty good, nice to see they threw some of his music into it to, EP 3 i think more than i seserve, it's suppose to be his offical debut single on proper label. it's on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43aWSlvgf1s but obviously ignote teh video coz that's soem fame video. . Good actor and great musician (currently working on his third album) if you like country music.

he's got a new movie coming out soon and there's a facebook page for teh show here

Jeri Ryan is set to recur on TNT's Leverage.
    On the sophomore drama about a group of vigilaties in pursuit of bringing down bigwigs, she will play Tara, a smart-ass, street-wise con woman whom Sophie calls on for help and who gets sucked into the Leverage family.

• Advertisement

Nice to see Jeri in a role where she can let her hair down. She is a very good actress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

1st episode of season 2 aired in the US last night, any one see it yet?

A predictable 1st episode to the season in terms of the plot and how the last season finished but very enjoyable and a real sense of if its not broke dont fix it in that its more of the same which is great imo :)

Just watched it and yeah, pretty close to the first season format, but like you said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It was just as enjoyable as most of the first season episodes and the humor and cast chemistry is still there. It's good to have it back :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was this ever taken up over here? Shame if it wasn't as would have thought it would have fitted perfectly on sky one, id say rte 2 but generally if it was on there it would be shown at an ungodly hour.

I think this show was expected to flop but they forgot one massive thing............ EVERYONE love a good caper :D

TNT just added two more episodes to the show's summer run :D

The latest episode (the Two Live Crew Job) was the best one yet (well, its definitely up there with the First David Job from season 1). God I love this show.

Renewed this week for a 3rd season too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I'm up to episode 5 of season one, I enjoy it so far. Reminds me of those Saturday evenings shows you used to watch as a kid. It's all good fun.

Season 2 finished last week. Fun episode but I was hoping for more of a cliffhanger. I like the new cast addition -- good to see
    Jeri Ryan
    breaking away from her more po-faced roles.

Mr E wrote: »
    Season 2 finished last week.

It's not finished, just on one of those oddball breaks (like USA does with Burn Notice, etc - seems TNT is following the trend) - there were initially 12 episodes commissioned and only 9 aired. And I remember reading somewhere that they were getting 2-3 extra episodes this season as well. Not too sure when it's back though?

• Advertisement

Good to hear.
    The TNT bug on screen last week said that it was the season finale.
    Epguides has 3 more episodes listed, but no dates. Looks like an extended break at the very least.

Advertisement