Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OLD Music Production FS, WTB & bargain alert/request thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

anyone got a copy of cubase LE 4 they're not using and would be willing to part with ?

really want to try it out before taking the big money plunge !

thanks

ss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

I might be interested in the 003 rack if the licensing thing isn't too crazy.

I have an M-Box 2 running PT 7.4.2

Does anyone know what would be involved for me?

not much involved at all. hook it up thru firewire (make sure you have a digi compliant firewire card, belkin are and are only €20 or something from peats). turn on 003, boot protools and it will install the drivers (and update the firmware) automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Morning Hush

What about Plugins etc?

Will I have to reinstall them or will they work with the new interface?

they'll work. its only audio/controller that changes. protools LE program stays the same no matter what digi interface you use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Pro Bono Studio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

One of the most concise and unarguably accurate posts I've ever seen here ...

i'll give you a fiver for it

for sale - digidesign synchronic.

this has never been downloaded from my ilok account but digi, being the nice people that they are wont re-register a product to a 2nd owner.

also the usual ilok transfer fee has to be paid $25

taking this into consideration im selling it for €150 and you look after the transfer (thats still more or less half price!!)

pm me here if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Gel

Hi all,
    Not sure if it's against the rules to advertise courses so moderators feel free to delete if it is.
    Anyway, if anyone is interested, we will be running a Pro Tools 101 in early March and Pro Tools 110 in early April. Places are limited to eight.
    We should have the latest Pro Tools 8 text books in by then so it'll be smack up to date. http://www.poppyschool.com/Pro_Tools_courses.html

We're also planning to run a Logic Pro 101 soon under the expert guidance of Michael Richards of Trackmix studios. Date to be confirmed. http://www.poppyschool.com/Apple_Courses.html

Cheers!
    Willie
    Poppyhill School of Recording

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

swap a Multi track recording studio fully loaded

Zoom MRS1266 mint condition (boxed)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Will try here before I have to deal with the muppets for real on adverts.ie
    LOL.

PM'd
    _________

Bargain Request - Ergenomic Studio Chair

My budget is 100-250 for a decent studio/executive chair.
    Please keep an eye out.
    There was a nice ergenomic chair in Argos for 199 but I can't find a store with them in stock. Id prefer to buy new.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

Hi

I have a few items for sale/swap.

Samson Rubicon R5A monitors - perfect condition, €230. I have them just over a year and they've only been turned on a handful of times, literally. Future Music always rate these in the top 2 or 3 in their monitor charts every month.

FMR Audio RNC 1773 - Really Nice Compressor €140- again, as new. Good reviews all over the web. I got it in advance of getting other things...which I never ended up getting. All original box, manuals, power supply etc....

Digidesign Mbox 2 Micro €140 - small interface for mixing Pro Tools on the move, comes with Pro Tools LE 7.4.

Swap wise, I wouldn't mind some good monitoring/mixing studio headphones, or an AKAI MPD32/Korg Padkontrol midi controller.

Trackmixstudio did you get my PM?
    Wondering if the Yammys are still up for grabs.

Lads,

I hope some of you will be out to X-Music at the Red Cow next Saturday the 31st to meet Richard Palmer from SSL with a plumbed up Matrix console.

Even if you're not in the market for one it will give you an opportunity to get a feel for the SSL product line and why they're consider one of the best.

We'll be there from around 11 am to closing so come out for the craic at least!

(p.s. While you're there you can ask the X boys about their website;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 RichardP@SSL

Thanks for this Paul

Very much looking forward to sharing our wares with the masses over there. As Paul mentioned I will be on hand all day at X Music with a Matrix, Duende and a couple of bits of outboard hooked up to a Mac running Logic. Whilst I appreciate that many of you will be visiting with your credit card to purchase the above setup :pac::pac::pac: I can't stress enough the importance of coming along just for a chat. We pride ourselves on listening to what our potential customers have to say!

Richard

unfortunatly i cant make this one.. but i will be sending a representative from rumour mill inc. to do my bidding!

unfortunatly i cant make this one.. but i will be sending a representative from rumour mill inc. to do my bidding!

Don't worry I'm sure Dav will be there in the Bushes with his Binoculars ....

Rumour has it Richard with have his i-Duality App for Iphones (3g only) with him ... and announcing the new Tri-ality Console .... well das wha I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 RichardP@SSL

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Don't worry I'm sure Dav will be there in the Bushes with his Binoculars ....

Rumour has it Richard with have his i-Duality App for Iphones (3g only) with him ... and announcing the new Tri-ality Console .... well das wha I heard.

Have I already mentioned that you can plug your IPod into Matrix?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Yeah I can see if I can fit you boys into my diary on the 31st but a commando like me could be on any number of missions at any given time, you must all be aware of that by now. Anyway Paul if your are instigating that I am an audio train spotter you have me all wrong. I am a specially trained commando sniper working within the realms of the recording business. Yourself and Richard are infact a prime target of mine. I am sharing this intel with you both so you can both decide if you want to join the rebellion with me or not.

Over and out

Trackmixstudio I've PM'd you about the speakers and mentioned it in this thread too.

I'll presume at this stage that either you are ignoring me or that the Yammys have been sold. :confused:

• Advertisement

womoma wrote: »
    Trackmixstudio I've PM'd you about the speakers and mentioned it in this thread too.

I'll presume at this stage that either you are ignoring me or that the Yammys have been sold. :confused:

Or possibly changing a nappy:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Valcin

I have an Axiom 49 midi keyboard/controller but it is too big for my needs. Would anyone be interested in some kind of a swap deal for a smaller midi controller?

dav nagle wrote: »
    Or possibly changing a nappy:eek:

Oops I was confusing Tracksmix with DamagedTrax. :o

I guess he's just busy.

Oops I was confusing Tracksmix with DamagedTrax. :o

I guess he's just busy.

I retract my joke then :mad:

will have a digidesign procontrol coming up for sale soon. wanted to offer it out here before it goes to ad.

for use with HD systems (D sub cables not included) pcm-2120-03.jpg

also compatible with LE systems. all you need is the controller maps to drop into the DAE controllers folder (came with LE 6 & previous).

8fa9_1.JPG

any serious offers please PM me here

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭woodsdenis

will have a digidesign procontrol coming up for sale soon. wanted to offer it out here before it goes to ad.

for use with HD systems (D sub cables not included) pcm-2120-03.jpg

also compatible with LE systems. all you need is the controller maps to drop into the DAE controllers folder (came with LE 6 & previous), which ive got on my HD and will supply if needed.

8fa9_1.JPG

any serious offers please PM me here

have this now for sale. tested and all works fine (including the discotastic vegas mode!!) - any interest b4 i start sticking ads up around the place?

will consider a swap for something UAD, liquid or duende type ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dirtycode

I guess he's just busy.

If your talkin about trackmixstudios Yamaha speakers, he told me they were gone. Maybe he didnt get your mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

have this now for sale. tested and all works fine (including the discotastic vegas mode!!) - any interest b4 i start sticking ads up around the place?

will consider a swap for something UAD, liquid or duende type ;-)

Yup I'll swap you for a UAD card!!

PM me anyway and give me an Idea of the Price.

Anyway, I'm getting rid of a Panasonic/Ramsa 8 channel Convertor., It has ADAT and AES digital outputs and works at frequencies up to 96kHz.
    Lemme know if anyone's interested.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

Selling my 40th Anniversary USA strat with EMG set and locking machine heads.
    If you want a guitar for recording with super quiet single coils, a high output humbucker and locking machine heads for fast string changes/tuning this is it.
    Have it up at €1000 but am open to offers/trades.
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=95772&cat=16

Advertisement