Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what stereotype do u fit into?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Don't label yourself. Don't fall into any stereotype. Don't form clicks.

You'll have more fun.
    very true

I have fun with everybody , talk to anyone , may not agree with everyone bu I meet a lot of interesting people that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I guess most people outside of school would call me D4, In school I generally hang around with the indie/complete poser group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Yeah I could fit into a few, depending on my mood
    -The "trendy lefty"
    -The acceptably geeky one
    -The git
    -The football fanatic
    -The guy that is too nice, so everyone thinks he's gay, even when he has a gf and clearly isn't
    -Caffeine addict
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

Brooding pile of murderous ambition!!!!

I joke!

I dont fit into any of the following stereotypes....scumbag, culchie, sports obsessed, emo, goth, geek, nerd...maybe somebody could define me for me!:p

I kinda wish I lent myself towards a sterotype while I was in school, wasted the chance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ Angelique Jolly Staff

I dont fit into any of the following stereotypes....scumbag, culchie, sports obsessed, emo, goth, geek, nerd...maybe somebody could define me for me!:p

Loner:D:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ Angelique Jolly Staff

Yeah I could fit into a few, depending on my mood
    -The "trendy lefty"
    -The acceptably geeky one
    -The git
    -The football fanatic
    -The guy that is too nice, so everyone thinks he's gay, even when he has a gf and clearly isn't
    -Caffeine addict
    :D

I'm the EXACT same

• It's strange. When I was in school there was no cliques/stereotypes. Everyone hung out with each other. And most of the time they're pointless because once ya hit college, whatever you thought you were means squat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Terry Stale Cellar

It's strange. When I was in school there was no cliques/stereotypes. Everyone hung out with each other. And most of the time they're pointless because once ya hit college, whatever you thought you were means squat.

Actually I've found college to be more cliquey than school in some ways. My actual group of friends is a fairly varied mix of genders, religions, IQs, styles etc, but I think that college being so big actually gives people more scope for cliquey behaviour on the everyday, stranger-to-aquaintance level. In school the place was so bloody small you kind of had to talk to everybody, I would have happily sat down beside a culchie/metal-head/skanger/goth/emo(...well, maybe not)/nerd and chatted away. But in college, people tend to gravitate towards other similar looking people I think.

For example, I look like a bit of a dirty hippie/indie kid, and I'd tend to assume that I'm not going to have much to say to the typical "commerce girl" if I was stuck in a queue behind her or sitting beside her in a lecture, even though a few girls who fit the stereotype perfectly are actually pretty good friends of mine. And vice-versa I'd imagine. But yeah, ****it anyway, it's all bollox, didn't mean to write a novel about it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm at a point where I can make myself fit into a number of stereotypes, while in truth I'm just me and cannot really be defined by any cultural clique.
    The way my hair is now, I can go out in my leather jacket and look like a biker or a rocker.
    When I'm kitted out for football training I look like as much of a GAA head as anybody else.
    The same applies when I put on my Man Utd jersey for soccer every week.
    I can pick up a guitar and start singing in pubs as though I've been doing it for years.
    Being a fan of XKCD and posting on message-boards has the nerd image attached.
    I occasionally wear a scarf and carry around pens and paper (poet persona shining through).

All-in-all, I really don't know what I'm supposed to be! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Stereotypes are limiting. You can be whatever you want. Just because you're good at maths it doesn't mean you can't be good at sports too, for example. You're not just one thing or another. I think schools would be better places if people didn't fit themselves into boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Exactly! Well put Acacia.
    I've been out of school for 18 months now, and I miss parts of it, but the way some people defined themselves entirely by their rugby/hurling skills still annoys me.
    That said, one of my best friends liked to call himself a nerd fairly regularly (but only because he knew we were all fairly intelligent! :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

An File wrote: »
    Exactly! Well put Acacia.
    I've been out of school for 18 months now, and I miss parts of it, but the way some people defined themselves entirely by their rugby/hurling skills still annoys me.
    That said, one of my best friends liked to call himself a nerd fairly regularly (but only because he knew we were all fairly intelligent! :cool:)

Thanks. :) I think sometimes people like to stereotype themselves because it's easier than trying something new or talking to people you might have nothing in common with. I know I was guilty of it a bit when I was in school. Thankfully, I've grown out of it in college! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

if you've ever seen skins, im a scary mix of crazy cassie, and dorky sid. with a bit of rock/goth/surfer chick thrown in for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

if you've ever seen skins, im a scary mix of crazy cassie, and dorky sid. with a bit of rock/goth/surfer chick thrown in for good measure.

Thats the beauty of Skins, you can sort of identify with most of the characters, pity it got so shíte during the 2nd season :pac:

BTW hows Oz working out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

actually, you could probably throw in a detachment from reality like chris into that mix too... though im more about the booze than the pills... and i loved the second season!

day 5, first day in sydney, so far so good. loved melbourne, man, the 'alternative' scene there is something else, sooooooo different from home it's unreal. gotta start jobhunting today, and getting various bits and bobs together. but life's feelin pretty good at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

actually, you could probably throw in a detachment from reality like chris into that mix too... though im more about the booze than the pills... and i loved the second season!

day 5, first day in sydney, so far so good. loved melbourne, man, the 'alternative' scene there is something else, sooooooo different from home it's unreal. gotta start jobhunting today, and getting various bits and bobs together. but life's feelin pretty good at the mo.

The last few episodes of the 2nd season were grand, but the first few were woeful.

New season starting on Thursday, can you get it over there? Or is it a watch on the internet job?

Sounds pretty damn good, wouldnt mind sampling it myself some day :)

Despite my aversion to heat and what not, but some day :D

Best of luck w/ the job hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Feelgood wrote: »
    The Well Hung..:D

Toosh indeed:)

I would be....the alcoholic who never shuts up talking and is very random :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mad_PADDY!

MESSER!

also rocker/stoner.

Everyone loves a messer! :D

Except maybe teachers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I'm a pretentious gimp. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,949 ✭✭✭DenMan

A bit odd I suppose (then again we all are). Like doing my own things so it makes me more anti social than normal (brothers opinion). What's that make me? Myself, and I'm fine with that.

Being comfortable in one's self is a pretty good place in which to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

Interviewer(To Principal Skinner In the BeShark Days): You've been referred to as the funny one, Is that reputation Justified?

Skinner: Yes, Yes it is.

Psychopathic, aggressive sociopath; megalomaniacal visionary with delusions of grandeur; misogynistic violent offender; capriciously evil genius, who has dreams of being the overlord of a global dictatorship, with elements of mass genocide (not forgetting some infanticide and filicide for good measure).

I don't know how specific you want me to get, but, I can keep going.

I think you'll find from that comment, and my general demeanour, that I'm a nice guy. Yes.

wat?

The cool one, obviously. :cool:

O RLY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

ya_rly.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Big dirty goth/mosher(lol @ that word actually).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Class clown, like seriously i'm wayyy funnier in real life : /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

Im your mom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

An File wrote: »
    Being comfortable in one's self is a pretty good place in which to be.
    Not if it makes everybody else think you're uncool!

Advertisement