Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what stereotype do u fit into?

• 17-01-2009 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

just wanna see the chrachters we got on here :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The cool one, obviously. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

NERD!

Hey buddy,get a load of that nerd.:D

I've had the subtle differences between nerd,dork and geek explained to me and I think the first suits me best.I do well in school and I don't take many risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mike o

i believe i may be the stereotypical nerd,or "mosher" as some people have called me recentally

Psychopathic, aggressive sociopath; megalomaniacal visionary with delusions of grandeur; misogynistic violent offender; capriciously evil genius, who has dreams of being the overlord of a global dictatorship, with elements of mass genocide (not forgetting some infanticide and filicide for good measure).

I don't know how specific you want me to get, but, I can keep going.

I think you'll find from that comment, and my general demeanour, that I'm a nice guy. Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭DenMan

Misunderstood would be my closest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Hmmm

Id end up in SD stereotype with the clothes i wear but then i listen to the complete opposite music??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Ha, I seriously don't think it's possible for someone to stereotype themselves without sounding like a tit.

*adele* wrote: »
    Ha, I seriously don't think it's possible for someone to stereotype themselves without sounding like a tit.

How? The fact is every gets labeled sometime during their life true or untrue some may accept it other wont. This is just this what im labeled as but i dont necessarily agree with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

The Well Hung..:D

So you've been labeled? Thats different. Saying that you're a mosher/emo/d4 etc will always sound ridiculous,in my opinion.
    Also that wasn't meant to be an attack on your post at all, I just meant in general. I dont even know what stereotype SD is??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭DenMan

So you've been labeled? Thats different. Saying that you're a mosher/emo/d4 etc will always sound ridiculous,in my opinion.
    Also that wasn't meant to be an attack on your post at all, I just meant in general. I dont even know what stereotype SD is??

Judgemental I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Ive been called
    -geek
    -nerd
    -a girly girl
    -a tomboy
    -grumpy angry scanger
    -d4 wannabe

dont really see myself as any of them

DenMan wrote: »
    Judgemental I would say.
    You're calling me judgemental because I think its sounds stupid when people label themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Don't label yourself. Don't fall into any stereotype. Don't form clicks.

You'll have more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I'm a neoconservative goth jock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Antisocial (the avoidant type), goth, metal loving, opinionated oddball.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'm in the "ewww, step away" stereotype along with nightwish's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Ha, I seriously don't think it's possible for someone to stereotype themselves without sounding like a TiT.
    summed yourself up nicely :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

pfft, I only come in mono or quadrophonic, take it or leave...

I think I've prob personified certain stereotypes at certain times, but I wouldn't define myself by any of them. Maybe while I'm studying / learning I'm being a nerd, maybe when I'm working out / playing sport I'm a jock, maybe when I'm juggling I'm a weirdo.

But in my totality, I'm not any single one of those, I'm just me :)

• Advertisement

But labeling is stereotyping again whether its true or not is completely different most people will answer this thread saying that they fall in x group because its either the name given to that sort of people or a name given to that person over time. Try South Dublin??? Not that hard to crack :o

Stev o:
    Yeah ,I get what you mean. Like I dont think it sounds weird if people say "Ive been called" or "I guess I fall into..." I just think i sounds stupid when people say "I'm a mosher etc"
    Ha if you get me. Im making no sense.

Ginja Ninja: Shut up :)

Stev o:
    Yeah ,I get what you mean. Like I dont think it sounds weird if people say "Ive been called" or "I guess I fall into..." I just think i sounds stupid when people say "I'm a mosher etc"
    Ha if you get me. Im making no sense.

Ginja Ninja: Shut up :)

Ah yeah i do and i agree with you in the sense that i would be like "Oh im a D4/Skater/Rocker/Dub etc" and go on about it like a badge of honor as it does make you look like a twat. You are what you are whatever that may be.

Exactly :) You made that point better in one post then i did in all mine hahaha.

Exactly :) You made that point better in one post then i did in all mine hahaha.

Hahah oh well least thats sorted now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't think anyone can really criticize anybody on Boards.ie for being nerdy. Is there anything nerdier than posting on an internet messageboard. I include myself as a nerd BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The cool one, obviously. :cool:

Really? Because your sig screams of nerdiness! :P
    (That's a compliment btw.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Is there anything nerdier than posting on an internet messageboard.

Ermm, yes. First of all, being pedantic enough to point out you should've used a question mark there. Secondly, have you seen the den thread recently? Math Limericks, random binary...

Finally:

duty_calls.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Me? A stereotype?

NEVER!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Tomboy, weirdo and dirty hoor tend to be the ones I hear the most. Though one of my friends did once say "Ha, look at that fat goth. Kind of like you Caoimhe!" he got a smack. And I once got told to "Go home Goth!" which seems like the person had kind of either seriously misunderstood the meaning of Goth, or else thought I was German and was using the word in a very purist, historically accurate way.

But lads, lads, the most important question surely-whO on heer is eMo??? no haterz

Advertisement