Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Khan Is Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Just two little interesting facts about Khan Noonien Singh

Montalbán enjoyed making the film, and counted the role as a career highlight. His major complaint was that he was never face-to-face with Shatner for a scene. "I had to do my lines with the script girl, who, as you might imagine, sounded nothing like Bill [Shatner]," he explained.

During filming, Kelley noted that Chekov never met Khan in "Space Seed" (Koenig had not joined the cast), and thus Khan's recognizing Chekov on Ceti Alpha did not make sense. Star Trek books have tried to rationalize this discrepancy; in the film's novelization by Vonda N. McIntyre, Chekov is "an ensign assigned to the night watch" during "Space Seed" and met Khan in an off-screen scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/arts/television-et-radio/200901/14/01-817646-lacteur-ricardo-montalban-est-decede.php

The actor who played Khan Noonien Singh in both the original series and the 2nd film, Ricardo Montalban, has passed away at 88

Its interesting that Leonard Nimoy only agreed to play Spock in that film originally because his death was supposed to be irrevocable.

KAAAAAAHHHHNNN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

KAAAAAAHHHHNNN!!!

Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

RIP Ricardo Montelban

A brilliant and gifted actor.

I also loved his character Vincent Ludwig from The Naked Gun (1988)

Khan Noonien Singh - A brilliant performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RIP Ricardo Montalban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

:(

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Melange wrote: »
    Seconded.

Motion passed
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Rawr

RIP Montalban, you were great as KHAAAAAAAAAAN!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

"He tasks me, he tasks me but I SHALL HAVE HIM" !!!!

Classic battle scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Rawr

Sleipnir wrote: »
    "He tasks me, he tasks me but I SHALL HAVE HIM" !!!!

Classic battle scene.

He has said probably some of the best lines in Star Trek.

"Kirk...my old friend...do you know the Klingon proverb, that Revenge is a dish best served cold.....it is very cold...in space

Advertisement