Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

End of Mostly Harmless - little confused

• 08-11-2008 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

hmmmmm...just finished the fifth book there...

I'd have to say that Mostly Harmless is probably my least favourite of the five. maybe i've missed something :o, but what is the very last paragraph about??
    are the guys from Rupert somehow connected to the Vogons??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Describing it as your least favourite is incredibly generous. My verdict was that Adams and/or his publishers must have been desperate for cash, and prepared to produce any drivel. The hardness of the paper renders it unsuitable for the task appropriate to the quality of the writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

seagull wrote: »
    Describing it as your least favourite is incredibly generous. My verdict was that Adams and/or his publishers must have been desperate for cash, and prepared to produce any drivel. The hardness of the paper renders it unsuitable for the task appropriate to the quality of the writing.

So you didn't like it either then?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I didn't like it either, thought it was a real sell-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

I'm in shock - didn't even know the 5th book existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

We're gonna have a new on on our laps soon. By eoin colfer. How he's gonna explain the mess of the last book, I'll never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I think when you get past the third book, reason and analysis of how good or bad they are goes out the window.
    Not so sure though about the editor's pushing him, weren't Dick Gentley's Holistic detective coming out at this stage - although don't quote me on my timing.

On a shameless change of topic:
    My favourite bit of them all is in the Retaurant at the End of Universe and the cow comes over to the table and starts recommending parts of himself for dinner. The amount of jokes that have come from that over the years are countless.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

My favourite bit is bit in Mostly Harmless about the robot who was programed to pick up herring sandwiches for eternity. Or the bit with Agrajag in the Cathedral Of HAte.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My favourite thing was deciding I wouldnt read it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭trout

It really was forgettable ... thankfully.

Advertisement