Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Really bad story but I once saw a women pick the sh1te out of a nappy and put it back on the baby again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

One of the lads in me old local used to im into the chipper on his way home and ask for a frozen burger because he had buns and an oven in his own house. Sometimes he would ask just for the buns. Bloody neck on him like a jockeys bollox . Funny though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

my ex-es mother on Chriostmas decided on a non-materialist christmas.

She gave everyone a single floating candle that came 6 for a pound at the pound store.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

In work one day I saw a bloke reusing a tea bag. I thought it was a one off until somebody told me he does this every day.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

rednik wrote: »
    In work one day I saw a bloke reusing a tea bag. I thought it was a one off until somebody told me he does this every day.:eek:

Maybe he likes it weak :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Used to work in a bar. There was this one tight bastard who would always ask for his pint of Heineken filled right to the brim, i.e. no head at all.
    If it was served with the standard 4cm head he would send it back saying "I asked for a PINT of beer."

C0Ck.

Using a standard Guinnes pint glass, a 4cm high head would be roughly 113ml. Considering the pint is 568ml, thats roughly 20% of the pint as head.

In other words he's dead right to send it back, and you must possess **** bartending skills.

And no way is 4cm head the standard...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭badabinbadaboom

sunnyjim wrote: »
    Using a standard Guinnes pint glass, a 4cm high head would be roughly 113ml. Considering the pint is 568ml, thats roughly 20% of the pint as head.

In other words he's dead right to send it back, and you must possess **** bartending skills.

And no way is 4cm head the standard...:rolleyes:

let the games begin!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

The 'head' on a pint of beer is never as thick as the head on a pint of Guinness. About the only pint you'd get with no head is Bulmers, if I got a beer with zero head I'd send it back (as I would with Guinness) and ask for a proper pint.

(did I walk/run in to that one ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Apologies. Typo. mixed my m up with my c. Meant to read 4mm! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Man some of these stories are shocking, they're the type of stories you'd say "Are you ****!ng serious ?" to the stingy people involved. Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

That would make sense - I was picturing one of those really badly pulled pints that take an hour to settle, still leaving half of the pint glass filled with head :pac:

I was a lounge boy who became a bar man for 2 pints... I was subsequently demoted after disaster no. 2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Really, must remember that next time I'm too stingy to pay. Was it o2 that used to just send the slightly creepy "call me" ones then?

must have been. that does sound creepy alright, you'd be afraid of what would be on the other end of the line. like getting a video call from a private number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Knew a fella got short taken on a beach walk, dumped a load in the dunes, verrry messy, used a sock to wipe his hole and took it home with him to wash it"""

€1.99 for 3 pairs in Dunnes!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I hate mean people.

My favourite was a friend of a friends Dad who had two TVs on top of each other. Because one had no sound and the other had no picture :pac:

Thats not mean, thats genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

It was actually vodafone who sent 'Call Me'. O2 were more mannerly and had 'Can you call me please?'.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Knew a fella got short taken on a beach walk, dumped a load in the dunes, verrry messy, used a sock to wipe his hole and took it home with him to wash it"""

€1.99 for 3 pairs in Dunnes!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

Did you have to travel in the same car home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Really bad story but I once saw a women pick the sh1te out of a nappy and put it back on the baby again

That could be more like 'caught out without a spare nappy' than stingy. Not that I've ever done it ;)

I knew someone who removed light bulbs and picture hooks from his house before he moved. Reminds me of that Richard Prior film.. "We're taking it with us!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

briantwin wrote: »
    my dad walked into my neighbours house one time and there were sheets of toilet paper all over the sitting room. The wife had bought 3 different kinds and was seeing which brand was the best value (ie which had more sheets per roll). I'm going to assume she would disregard such things as quality and texture.

As a matter of interest do you know which brand was the best value :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Another amusing one in this (hotel) bar was this middle aged women who would bring in her own tea bags.
    She would then kindly ask the staff for a pot of boiling water and a cup. Then spend hours in the lounge sipping away at no expense.
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Huggles wrote: »
    One of my mates is pretty bad. When we all go for a meal together she will take a calculator out and calculate her portion of the meal down to the last cent.
    In fairness, it can be alittle unfair if someone is only getting a cheap main course and others are getting fillet steaks plus starters and desserts.

Being a tight focker myself, late one night whilst staying in a hotel i was craving some coke- it was something like €10 for a tiny bottle. Drank it anyway, went across to the shop the next morning and bought a bottle, then filled up the glass bottle, put the lid back on and put it back in the minibar :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Being a tight focker myself, late one night whilst staying in a hotel i was craving some coke- it was something like €10 for a tiny bottle. Drank it anyway, went across to the shop the next morning and bought a bottle, then filled up the glass bottle, put the lid back on and put it back in the minibar :D:D

Lol i think i would have done the same.

€10 for a bottle of coke where the fook where you staying?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Lol i think i would have done the same.

€10 for a bottle of coke where the fook where you staying?

Some posh hotel in Belgium! And that was about 3 years ago, probably €12 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

My bro , whenever he's out with mates for a drink, is always the first to put his hand in his pocket , and keep it there.:(
    My dad reckons he still has his Communion money:D.

Sorry bro.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

years and years ago when i was a young one.... we went trick or treating at holloween...

went into a house... knocked on the door and the 6 of us said trick or treat.. he gave us 10p
    it was about 1995 so 10p wasent worth a 10er...

i went to my mother who was at the gate to the house she looked at it and laughed.. then threw it back into the drive way....

while we were walking away he was looking for it!!!!! on our way back he was still looking for it!!!!

prick..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

waiting for the train with a mate one day, he asks me do ive any spare change because he didnt want to break his 2euro coin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Was workin in Ilac there Xmas week. Had been goin into O'Briens 3 times/day min...smoothies/sambos/coffees etc...girls knew by name. The first two days I had my wallet with student card with me and asked for the ol student discount (ok I'm not the stingey one :p)
    Anyway by the 3rd day I didn't bring my student id with me...this particular Asian girl -who must have served me at least once the day before - said "have you got your student id?" (most of them don't even look). I said "no". She said "no discount". I laughed I said "hello I'm in here all the time" (winked at one of the other girls).
    NO student discount...wow I had a good mind to leave the sandwich (including an extra €1 charge for 1 extra slice of ham) there but was too hungry!
    So tight her arse squeaked when she walked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Im a cheapskate, In Mahon Point cinema in cork i never pay the disgracfully high prices for popcorn and a drink €9 so i go to Tesco (in the same building) and buy a big bad of Manhattan popcorn and a bottle of coke for €3

But before ye go critiscising im a student so im allowed to do things like thta:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Here's a good one, waiting at a bus stop outside a shop, all my friends were organising change for the bus, and one of the lads goes to me, "do you have 50cent", i was like, sure, then he goes into the shop and buys a pack of polo fruits!!! I was like wtf!! The cheeky fúcker. I then proceeded to take said polo fruits off him.
    Btw, he had bus fare plus a wallet full of notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Jesus lads will you slow down - nearly have the pen worn out writing down all these handy hints sorry tight arse stories!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

anto-t wrote: »
    years and years ago when i was a young one.... we went trick or treating at holloween...

went into a house... knocked on the door and the 6 of us said trick or treat.. he gave us 10p
    it was about 1995 so 10p wasent worth a 10er...

i went to my mother who was at the gate to the house she looked at it and laughed.. then threw it back into the drive way....

while we were walking away he was looking for it!!!!! on our way back he was still looking for it!!!!

prick..

thats not bad at alll!! one year we got a briquette!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement