Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JP Poker Masters 2009 Sponsored by Bruce Poker.Com - €100,000 GUARANTEED

Options
  • 31-12-2008 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭

I’m proud to announce that the JP Poker Masters 2009 will be a sponsored event with a €100,000 Guaranteed Minimum Prize Pool for the Main Event.

The event will once again be held in the Red Cow Hotel which is a fantastic venue for poker with service second to none between the dates of 7th to 10th May. I did want to hold the event on May Bank Holiday weekend but the dates were not available.

A total of 180 played last years Main Event for a Total Prize Pool of €121,500 with a 1st prize of €40,000 which was won by Local Legend Martin Doyle. This years Main Event will have a cap of 300 players.

Schedule of Events

Thursday 7th May – Super Satellite - Est 20 Tickets to Main Event
    €75 & €10 Reg, 2 Rebuys or 1 Rebuy and a Top-Up €50
    Starting Chips 3k, Early Bird 500 (1st Level Only)
    Rebuy Chips 5k
    20 Min Blind for 6 Levels, Followed by 30 Min Blinds
    8pm Start

Friday 8th May - JP Poker Masters Main Event - €100,000 GUARANTEED 3 Day Event
    €750 (€75 Reg Included)
    Starting Chips 15k
    60 Min Blinds for 10 Levels followed 90 Min Blinds
    6pm Start

1 Table SnG’s €75 & €5 Reg from 2pm

Saturday 9th May - Supporting Tournament - Est €50,000 2 Day Event
    €300 (€30 Reg Included)
    Starting Chips 10k
    30 Min Blind for 10 Levels followed by 45 Min Blinds
    6pm Start

1 Table SnG's €60 & €5 Reg from 2pm for 2 Tickets

Sunday 10th May - Pot Limit Omaha - Est €15,000
    €250 (€25 Reg Included & €25 Scalp )
    Starting Chips 10k
    25 Min Blinds for 10 levels followed by 40 Min Blinds
    3pm Start

Sunday 10th May - Supporting Tournament - Est €20,000
    €150 (€20 Reg Included)
    Starting Chips 10k
    20 Min Blinds for 10 Levels followed by 30 Min Blinds
    6pm Start

I will post the full blind structure for all events once they have been finalised along with special rates for the Red Cow Hotel.

I know this post doesn’t have full details as per charter, the reason I have posted this is more of a save the date. As soon as I finalise the remaining details I will post them all here.

Cash Rake on €1/€2 will be €10 per person per hour which is very cheap for rake for a festival.

I would like to thank Bruce Poker.Com for their support in getting behind this event.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Looks Good !
    The previous week end is the bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Looks Good !

Ya I tried booking that weekend at last years Masters but there was a wedding already booked in for that weekend.

I'll do my best to have it on the May Bank Holiday weekend going forward after this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Looks Good !

No it looks great, maybe a 7pm start would be better or even an 8 on the Friday as traffic is mad around 6.

Ollieboy wrote: »
    No it looks great, maybe a 7pm start would be better or even an 8 on the Friday as traffic is mad around 6.

Good Idea

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Looks good JP. Decent BI and what i'm sure will be a very good structure. Methinks i'll play this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

also try to get Bruce to run network wide sats for this as soon as possible, this type of event with structure, buy-in and location could be as big as Killarney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

Looks very good and the buy-in will suit a large percentage of poker players. Think this should do well and atm I plan on playing it.

also try to get Bruce to run network wide sats for this as soon as possible, this type of event with structure, buy-in and location could be as big as Killarney.

I know they will be running online sats as soon as Connies upcoming game in Killaraney is over as they are also putting up a guarantee at that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Looks great JP will make sure to play this, Ollie is right with start time move out to later if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Westbury

great stuff ,I will definitely play this event ,will bring few players along.

lookimg forwrd to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭thepokerroom

looks good jp, i will donate to the main event and bring a few guys from the poker room ireland with me. regards jim see you in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

where can i pre reg for this ??

looks like a great game and of course with you at the helm, it should steer towards success

100 BIG ONES GUARANTEED, count me in

hopefully i will still be running hot at that stage and bring my A+ game

Derek

where can i pre reg for this ??

looks like a great game and of course with you at the helm, it should steer towards success

100 BIG ONES GUARANTEED, count me in

hopefully i will still be running hot at that stage and bring my A+ game

Derek

Hey Derek,

Online reg will be open from the start of Feb afaik, I will be running sats from next Friday hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Is it a sign of the times when i say to the missus at 23.47 on the 2/1/09 that I am booking in time to play a poker tourny at 7pm on the 8/5/09.... Yup im whipped but im playing. Looking forward to this JP

Jay

Jayminator wrote: »
    Is it a sign of the times when i say to the missus at 23.47 on the 2/1/09 that I am booking in time to play a poker tourny at 7pm on the 8/5/09.... Yup im whipped but im playing. Looking forward to this JP

Jay

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Do you contact my mother to see when im busy and organise the tournaments around that? my nieces communion is on that weekend, the first year in 5 i havent had exams...ffs!!

Do you contact my mother to see when im busy and organise the tournaments around that? my nieces communion is on that weekend, the first year in 5 i havent had exams...ffs!!

Sorry Joe,

How you fixed for working the GJP Fest? Do you want to work any of this? before or after the communion or were you planning on playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭i didn't do it

JP Poker wrote: »

Sunday 10th May - Pot Limit Omaha - Est €15,000
    €250 (€25 Reg Included & €25 Scalp )
    Starting Chips 10k
    25 Min Blinds for 10 levels followed by 40 Min Blinds
    3pm Start
    Finally a decent omaha game now to book the monday 11th off work

Finally a decent omaha game now to book the monday 11th off work

I hoping for decent turn out for this, at last years event we only got 32 players. That said I've been getting alot of positive feedback so hoping for 60-80 runners. The scalps should make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Sorry Joe,

How you fixed for working the GJP Fest? Do you want to work any of this? before or after the communion or were you planning on playing.

not sure, will know nearer the time, could do thurs/fri maybe for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

+1 for preferring a 7pm starting time but looks good and will def try to play it either way

I will be starting live satellites for this every Friday starting 13th Feb in Molloys Pub, Tallaght.

They will be €100 freezeout with 2 tickets guaranteed each night.

Just to let everyone know BrucePoker are running satellites online every Friday night

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055514874&highlight=jp+poker+masters

Friday 8th May - JP Poker Masters Main Event - €100,000 GUARANTEED 3 Day Event
    €750 (€75 Reg Included)
    Starting Chips 15k
    60 Min Blinds for 10 Levels followed 90 Min Blinds
    6pm Start

1 Table SnG’s €75 & €5 Reg from 2pm

Just to let everyone know we have changed the start time from 6pm to 7pm for the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Will there be any sats on PPP or Boyles? I thought I seen it mentioned somewhere that there may be sats on PPP.

bobbyg wrote: »
    Will there be any sats on PPP or Boyles? I thought I seen it mentioned somewhere that there may be sats on PPP.

I was speaking to BCB about this last month and he said that he would put a few sats on PPP but it won't until after the Irish Open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭BRUCEPOKER.COM

Just to let everyone know BrucePoker are running satellites online every Friday night

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055514874&highlight=jp+poker+masters

These sats have now been moved to every Sunday @ 20:30, starting this Sunday.

We moved the game to stop it clashing with the game in Molloys

Win your ticket for the main event tonight in the Bruce Poker Live Tour game in Mulligar.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520574

Good Luck

Only 4 weeks to go.

I will be in touch with most card clubs and tournie organisers about satellites after the Irish Open and will post a thread on all the sat's.

Good Luck to everyone playing at the Irish Open and if you could pass the word around about the Masters that would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Live21

Hi, been looking for a good sized Live tour in may, and this looks perfect.

I got some questions, sorry if they are pretty basic, but I got no knowledge of dublin, bruce poker, or ireland in generel, but from what the story goes, there should atleast be plenty of beer.

A good hotel nearby where the tourney is being held ? or even at the place itself, if it havnt been booked already.

pay upfront, or is there enough places, so that i neednt worry about that ?

if payment is required upfront, where do i pay, possible at any of the larger online sites ?

Best regards.

Dennis Andreasen.

Advertisement