Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you enjoy Christmas?

Options
  • 20-12-2008 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

....Yes another one of THOSE threads...hehe

So lets hear it,do you enjoy Christmas?

Personally I used to love Christmas,but that has kind of wilted over the last couple of years,maybe because of getting older...:( but nevertheless I still love getting a warm Chirstmas-y feeling,its still yet to come this year,maybe when Im loaded il get it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh I adore Christmas. Buying thoughtful presents for people, wrapping them all nicely, the Christmas carols you only hear once a year, singing with the school choir, christmas dinner, the smell of the Christmas tree, decorations....

Wonderful time of year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

donmeister wrote: »
    So lets hear it,do you enjoy Christmas?
    I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I dont dislike it :)

I like the whole togetherness aspect, but xmas just seems to drag on for me, gets kinda awkward with my family after the 6th or so hour (20 or so people)

Also theres children, I HATE CHILDREN, enthusiasm bothers me......

Presents are always nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i generally like the christmas build up but find the day boring.i dont get up till like 2 and then im the only one in the house whoose up.so its kinda boring.
    though my plan for this christmas day is to eat loads drink what i have waiting for me and curl up in a ball and sleep hapily:)
    i also have the joys of entertaning a four year old in the evening...gah kids annoy me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I enjoy christmas eve and christmas day, apart from that I'm a right scrooge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

It's alri... Obviously when your young it's well better... Nothing can match the anticipation of the 24th and then the excitement of running down the stairs on the 25th ( at like 5 in the morning aswell)

Nowadays it's jus like any other day apart frm the dinner and watching my mam, uncle, auntie etc. getting drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Not as much as I used to. I only like certain aspects of it. When I got older and I realised thats it's all about spending money, that's when I stopped liking it as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Obviously I don't love it as much as I did when I was a kid, but I do still enjoy it! Worst part is buying presents for people who are awkward to buy for (i.e. Everyone in my family)

I also hate children but I don't mind them so much on Christmas because I remember what I was like at their age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Sitting in front of the fire after the meal is the best part for me:DSleep all day,tis great tbh.

Though i have exams after so i cant fully enjoy it as i will be studying:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Christmas is great :)

(and I don't even believe in the religious side of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Xmas is over-rated, big time.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 eire4life

xmas is absolute class, ****in presents are just deadly and all the food and movies....class time of year. I prefer summer because days are so care free but christmas ya cant beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Christmas shopping makes me sad because boys are exceedingly difficult to buy for and I have no money.

And I usually don't enjoy Christmas Day because I have an aunt who is crazy and always comes over to us for the day. She is the most annoying woman i've ever met... :( I'm so uncharitable I know but it ruins Christmas tbh.

The morning is great though, me and my sisters still get up super early and unwrap all the presents and then leap on the parents squealing excitedly. We are 19, 21 and 24. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I don't like it as much as I used to. Santa made Christmas! :pac:

For one thing I have no idea what to buy for any of my family. I don't have much time to buy them anything either.

The spending time with family is nice. Except they don't get my jokes. The bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I love Christmas. Love the whole buzz of it, Christmas lights in town, seeing family, all that jazz. Though it was more enjoyable when I was younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

*Clears throat*

Bah humbug!

It's cold and wet. I spend a lot of money on presents and wind up just getting tat I don't want, we eat food we never usually eat (that no-one likes), and I'm supposed to walk around with a ****ing smile on my face? Christ in a manger...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Cheer up buttercup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

obl wrote: »
    *Clears throat*

Bah humbug!

It's cold and wet. I spend a lot of money on presents and wind up just getting tat I don't want, we eat food we never usually eat (that no-one likes), and I'm supposed to walk around with a ****ing smile on my face? Christ in a manger...
    Stop trying to be spankeh....

I like xmas i like the cards,the money they contain!Thr christmas sales after and watching any money i get,going into a shop till its all fun :D

Im joking

Yeah its cool,love the dark evenings and sitting infront of the fire :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I can't wait to go for champagne in my Aunt's house at an obscene hour to be drinking (ok before 12pm) then come back and have Christmas dinner and a baileysw coffee before curling up on the couch and watch harry Potter on RTE1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I detest Christmas!

It's a horrible time of the year and I find it more depressing than cheerful.
    I hate spending loads of money buying stupid presents for people- apologies, but what the hell do you buy for 18 year old guys? It's difficult to be thoughtful when you're just a broke student.

A lot of the time you discover people don't know you whatsoever as well, thanks to their poorly chosen gifts.
    Last year someone, for example, gave me "Playboy" stuff. Seriously, that was almost insulting.

I'm a vegetarian, so Xmas dinner's even crap.

I'm not religious.

I think all the lights and decorations are pretty tacky.

Blah blah blah, WHINGE MOAN, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭JordanDC

I used to love christmas, now I feel nothing for it. Last year I got everything I wanted, but felt no excitement what so ever. I love the shopping and being with family, especially since this is one of the first christmases that we havent been away on holiday! I can get to see my extended family this year :)

Although, its almost cheaper to go on holiday because then you dont have to buy gifts :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I love Christmas. Eating in front of the DVDS you get, the Family Guy marathon with the box set i usually get. The Christmas ham! It's started to wilt away my later Santa years, when I was impetuous and wrote the first thing that came to mind on my list. Last few years I've thought about stuff I really wanted and would get use of, and that's improved the time greatly IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

If anyway wimminz0rz ever wonder what to buy for a male between 12-23, here's your answer:

Vidja gamez.

Can't go wrong with that present. :pac:

Unless they don't play video games. In which case tell him to kindly go **** himself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

bythewoods wrote: »
    I detest Christmas!

It's a horrible time of the year and I find it more depressing than cheerful.
    I hate spending loads of money buying stupid presents for people- apologies, but what the hell do you buy for 18 year old guys? It's difficult to be thoughtful when you're just a broke student.

You can never go wrong with vouchers.

Otherwise, just get a CD, DVD or else something one of those set things from Lynx/Gilette/whoever (y'know the ones with shower gel, shaving foam and stuff in them)
    Since you're broke, those type of things are decent gifts that don't cost too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

You can never go wrong with vouchers.

+1

I love vouchers :)

Handy to have during the sales too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

I used to love Christmas and look forward to it every year. But there's just nothing anymore. No family Christmas this year, no Santa Claus since I was about 8, urgh. =[

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

nah, christmas, for the last about 12 years is just drama. im not a very ehmmm... well, im crap at being a member of a family. and christmas being all about family just never ends well. i usually just headed down to my nana's, and had a few drinks with her while watching cartoons.

then i moved out and stuff, and just ignored christmas, with the exception of starting to drink earlier in the day, and having more people round at night than your average whatever day it is.

last christmas was crap, cos i was emigrating the next day.
    this christmas will probably be crap, cos i can't surf (my board's in for repairs), and i gotta worry about finding a new home and job and surviving mostly by myself in a new city/country. and then leaving everyone here. meh. way over rated. give me halloween any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

You can never go wrong with vouchers

oh but you can, sir.

for anyone whose ever met me, they'll know that i tend to wear all my clothes XL, and by all my clothes, i mean my men's tshirts and jeans. and hoodies.

so why oh why oh why would anyone give me a €20 voucher for A-Wear, or, my favourite, a €20 voucher for brown thomas.

1. what would i wear there?
    2. am i expected to spend the extra few hundred just cos i have a €20 voucher?

:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement