Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes/Tesco & others offers this week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Keep the receipt in a safe place and check your statement in Feb.
    Tesco should be good for the points if they're not in the statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

davton wrote: »
    Normally offers like this do not show on the receipt

Just got the ps3 with MotorStorm: Pacific Rift for €399, So that should be almost €120 back in Feb. No mention of anything on receipt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

with regard to the receipts, it doesnt show up on your receipt but will (or should) on your next receipt from them (the bit where it has your points balance)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Just got the ps3 with MotorStorm: Pacific Rift for €399, So that should be almost €120 back in Feb. No mention of anything on receipt though.

Which tesco did you get that in and were there many left? Did you notice a littlebigplanet bundle by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

what is the last day of the 30% in tesco's ??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

blobert wrote: »
    Got the XBox 360 60GB basic package €239.99 - 30% = €168 in Tesco Jervis St.

Can you let us know if it has the Jasper HW revision? Here's how on engadget. Scroll down to the barcode images with Jasper text overlay to see how.

I checked the ones in Dundrum and none were Jaspers.

Note, Falcon's are perfectly ok. I'm just holding out for a Jasper to avoid any potential overheating issues (which is rare enough anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

samsamson wrote: »
    Which tesco did you get that in and were there many left? Did you notice a littlebigplanet bundle by any chance?

The Crescent in Limerick. They had one left after that and it was one with a littlebigplanet game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭blobert

duffmagic wrote: »
    Can you let us know if it has the Jasper HW revision? Here's how on engadget. Scroll down to the barcode images with Jasper text overlay to see how.

I checked the ones in Dundrum and none were Jaspers.

Note, Falcon's are perfectly ok. I'm just holding out for a Jasper to avoid any potential overheating issues (which is rare enough anyway).

Have not opened it yet, will let you know later.

It's lot number 0833 if I recall correctly, which should make it manufactured around 08/08 and hopefully the Jasper one.

They have Quantum of Solace ones as well which are likely to be newer.

As I said I'll check when I get home and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Doesn anyone know which Tesco's in the Cork region stock the 32gb iTouch?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Is the 22" Samsung still €269, or if has it gone back up in price? I checked Galway but they only have the 19" that was in the print ads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Does Tesco have any good 32" Lcds at the moment? I saw a sony bravia recently that looked quite good. Anyone bought one of the current models on sale?

Cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

christo82 wrote: »
    Does Tesco have any good 32" Lcds at the moment? I saw a sony bravia recently that looked quite good. Anyone bought one of the current models on sale?

Cheers

Got a 26" Sony W Series for the bedroom- and picked up a Vogel mount from Komplett. I cannot recommend it highly enough...... Installing the mount was a bit of a bitch- it assumes you have masonry walls :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tesco have a Samsung 40" LCD - did not pick up serial code - for €799 before the 30% discount, so that would be a net cost of €559 after the clubcard points back.....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dino7

slave1 wrote: »
    Tesco have a Samsung 40" LCD - did not pick up serial code - for €799 before the 30% discount, so that would be a net cost of €559 after the clubcard points back.....

The model number (in Mahon Point Cork at any rate) is Le40a336j1d. Just be aware that there seems to be different TVs and deals in different stores. For example in Mahon point they're selling a series 3 Samsung LCD TV for 600 euro, while you can get a series 4 in Wilton for the same price. Also the big 46 inch Samsung was in both stores, but is cheaper in Mahon point. I would of thought the prices and models would be consistent across stores, but it doesn't appear to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

dino7 wrote: »
    Also the big 46 inch Samsung was in both stores, but is cheaper in Mahon point. I would of thought the prices and models would be consistent across stores, but it doesn't appear to be.
    Dino is correct.
    TESCO are messing with the price on this tv. When they had the 25% off 2 weeks ago, the tv was 1399 less 25%. net cost 1049 euro
    This weekend they put it back up to 1599 with 30% back in clubcard deals
    1119( sort of!) after clubcard discount.

I also noticed a couple of other items that had mysteriously increased in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If you use your clubcard vouchers to buy their offers at 4x the value it's a great deal.

But somebody mentioned this above:
    Anyone with a clubcard gets it swiped and you will get 30% of the value of the goods in vouchers (for anything instore) in your next quarterly statement.

Does this mean you must use your vouchers to buy things in store and can't buy the likes of hotel breaks etc with them?

Also, when does this offer end does anyone know? :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

cormie wrote: »
    Does this mean you must use your vouchers to buy things in store and can't buy the likes of hotel breaks etc with them?

Several of the companies who were participating under the scheme have renegotiated the terms with Tesco- as they were seeing unreal amount of business in vouchers (Insomnia cafes, Dublin Zoo and magazine subscriptions all incl.) I don't think Tesco ever envisaged giving out millions in coupons on a quarterly basis that would be reimbursed elsewhere (internationally over 80% would be spent instore- in an Irish context its down around the 30% mark).

Its an experiment that succeeded in some respects beyond the marketing gurus in Tesco's wildest dreams, in other respects- its turned out to be an incredibly expensive programme.......

Never heard that but I was saying pretty much the same the when they had their 50% offer on a while back, buy a TV for 500 euro, get 250 worth of vouchers, use that to buy 1,000 worth of Irish Ferries trips or the likes, sell the TV for 350 euro unused, you've got yourself 1,000 euro worth of stuff for 150 euro :cool:

Can somebody confirm that the vouchers can indeed be used to buy these 4x the value stuff this time around though? Irish ferries is the main one for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Never heard that but I was saying pretty much the same the when they had their 50% offer on a while back, buy a TV for 500 euro, get 250 worth of vouchers, use that to buy 1,000 worth of Irish Ferries trips or the likes, sell the TV for 350 euro unused, you've got yourself 1,000 euro worth of stuff for 150 euro :cool:

Can somebody confirm that the vouchers can indeed be used to buy these 4x the value stuff this time around though? Irish ferries is the main one for me!

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me (likely) there was a thread on here a couple of weeks back that Irish Ferries were pulling out of the clubcard deals game?

AGHHH!!! Really?? That's the only thing I'm interested in and so is my dad! Would be a big pain if they were. Is this definite or is your mind just playing tricks? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not really relevant to this thread but the Irish Ferries is valid up to 31.05.09, info here with a few clicks...

"Please note that the Irish Ferries Rosslare/Cherbourg and Rosslare/Roscoff routes will not be available through Tesco Clubcard Deals from the end of May 2009. If you are planning to use your Deals Tokens for either of these routes you must ensure that they are ordered and travel is taken by 31st May 2009"

stena looks as if it's ongoing though

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

It's IRE-UK I'm interested in, but my dad is interested in the French routes, must tell him thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pahadia

dino7 wrote: »
    The model number (in Mahon Point Cork at any rate) is Le40a336j1d. Just be aware that there seems to be different TVs and deals in different stores. For example in Mahon point they're selling a series 3 Samsung LCD TV for 600 euro, while you can get a series 4 in Wilton for the same price. Also the big 46 inch Samsung was in both stores, but is cheaper in Mahon point. I would of thought the prices and models would be consistent across stores, but it doesn't appear to be.

Price for Le40a336 is lower than the Tesco is telling us...
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1646476/art/samsung/le40a336-lcd-television.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you use your clubcard vouchers to buy their offers at 4x the value it's a great deal.

But somebody mentioned this above:
    Anyone with a clubcard gets it swiped and you will get 30% of the value of the goods in vouchers (for anything instore) in your next quarterly statement.

Does it not always say in-store to redeem them. The terms of the card never mentions the tesco deals, how could they pick which amounts can and cant be used from the vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Is it confirmed that the money back comes in vouchers, and not discounted at the till?
    On their site, it says "Reduction will be made at the bottom of your till receipt". To me that's till discount.
    So if it is vouchers, would you have a case for getting the discount by using what is quoted above?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Soarer wrote: »
    Doesn anyone know which Tesco's in the Cork region stock the 32gb iTouch?
    Havent seen any touch'es in stores. I doubt they would give 30% off the new gen one. The RRP is €369. 30% would equal €110.70 discount. So the ipod would cost you €258.10. I dont think they could sell it that low.

Boo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

boopolo wrote: »
    Havent seen any touch'es in stores. I doubt they would give 30% off the new gen one. The RRP is €369. 30% would equal €110.70 discount. So the ipod would cost you €258.10. I dont think they could sell it that low.

Boo

technically they are selling the product at RRP, keeping apple happy, but rewarding that purchase with instore vouchers, that may be their way round it, works for me LOL
    tesco in finglas, north dublin only stock the nano and shuffle. went in last night ready to buy a 32GB touch :(

does anybody know of any tescos in the dublin region that sell touch's?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

boopolo wrote: »

Boo

well i bought two nanos at 278 and will be getting about 84 back in vouchers so it's the same thing really as they would cost less than 100 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

I noticed this before. Not just here but in Spain also, that lots of shops sell Shuffles and Nano; but not the touch.

boo

Advertisement