Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for fellas jeans

Options
  • 01-12-2008 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I'm planning to buy a few pairs of jeans this week. Any recommendations on good stores etc for mens jeans. I'm hopeless enough at knowing what to choose!Would hope to spend a fair bit on two nice pairs(100eur +) and less (40-70 euro) on a few other pairs.
    Cheers!

Comments

g star, firetrap, diesel, replay for the dearer jeans,

Next/Jack & Jones for the cheaper ones....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

try tkmaxx - you can get dkny, levis ,hilfiger for 40 euro etc a pair

otherwise club denim or club extra extra (sale items)in blanch for diesel gas etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Hilfiger Denims are really nice. I really like them personally so i've got a few pairs of them. The dundrum store has a really helpful guy who hangs around by the jeans. Really honest in telling you what does/doesn't suit some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I love G Star jeans personally, but why buy all 4 pairs now when you can wait til the post Christmas sales to get yourself a bargain?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Yeah true, should wait until the sales probably. maybe just get one pair for now! thanks for recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Defo go with the G-Stars, ther probably the most stylish around. And for the cheaper ones, River Island have some good ones for €60 approx, or check out topman. But as someone mentioned above maybe you should wait until the Jan sales to get a few, you'd get some good bargains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hco

My boy got a really nice pair in Next for €60! Really lovely on him!
    So I third the Next ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Have always found the fit on Hilfiger a bit tricky. Henri Lloyd seem to have a decent fit, as do AJ. Next also have a decent fit, but have never found anything in River Island. A lot of it is an individual thing though, if you want to know what to get, you will have to try a few first. Would also recommend Blue Harbour in M&S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Pete it all depends on how big you are.
    If you have large thighs (27inches or more) a lot of jeans are out the window.
    I have two pairs of hugo boss jeans and they are nice, strangely these are cheaper in Dundrum that in Belfast, must be the only thing!:D

• Advertisement

I haven't had my thighs measured lately tbh so no idea on that. Generally take size 32-32L.......Have my eye on a nice pair of diesel jeans after recommendation but bit too pricey ~250eur.....maybe in the sales^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

I haven't had my thighs measured lately tbh so no idea on that. Generally take size 32-32L.......Have my eye on a nice pair of diesel jeans after recommendation but bit too pricey ~250eur.....maybe in the sales^^

250 euro is madness mate imo. What might be worth doing is trying on those jeans and noting the model number etcetera and check out how much they are online. You should be able to find a store online in europe selling them at a better price!

Guvnor wrote: »
    250 euro is madness mate imo. What might be worth doing is trying on those jeans and noting the model number etcetera and check out how much they are online. You should be able to find a store online in europe selling them at a better price!

Oh I agree, I wouldnt pay that for jeans...hopefully a lot off in sale ha

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

I find Riverisland the best for the cheaper jeans. And Tommy Hilfiger and Wrangler the best for me for dearer ones. Arnotts is decent for a big selection of all types.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Diesel are lovely. My other half has a few pairs of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

faded old levi 501s from the second hand store ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Firetrap or Sonnetti for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

get them online, brown bag clothing probably had a few lovely pairs.

http://www.bbclothing.co.uk/searchresults.php?brand=G-Star

costy but.
    never bought a (very) expensive pair of jeans, sucker for polos and the sort but stick to the Topman (Newry of course!) for the jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

Wrangler dear jeans??? since when??

G-Star jeans are great, look cool as feck and they are comfy too

Since urban outfitters reinvented wrangler.

Actually, there's where to buy your jeans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Image

Hey

Im a personal stylist and I went on a shopping trip recently for one of my regular clients.

I have 2 pairs of Tommy Hilfiger Jeans that didnt fit properly which I dont have time to return.

They are size 32,34l.

Both are bootcut and gorgeous style but unfortunetly didnt fit!

If anyone is interested, I will sell them for 50e each so your getting 2 for the price of 1! Not bad in these recessionary times!!

Shirley

www.personalstylist.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

CDfm wrote: »

otherwise club denim or club extra extra (sale items)in blanch for diesel
    their diesel stuff is usually the irish knockoff job, not the italian stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Topman do nice cheaps at really good prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Èibhear

Best Jeans I have ever purchased

Express for men... Fantastic mens clothing

http://www.express.com/catalog/category.jsp?parentCategoryId=1&categoryId=62

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Since urban outfitters reinvented wrangler.

Actually, there's where to buy your jeans

kind of shop they can end up looking more like your sisters jeans too but!

Topman- Straight Jeans.
    win.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

I wouldn't recommend Next jeans, bought a pair there and they gradually got torn after only a few months. Material obviously wasn't very long-lasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

My two best pairs are from Diesel and Replay. I bought them in London and they were not cheap but well worth it especially compared to other jeans from, say, Jack and Jones which completely lose their shape after 10 mins putting them on...then again they were €40.00 so I get what I'm paying for.

Wranglers are for culchies...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

where do you get g-star jeans?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

there's a g - star shop in Dundrum and Debenhams and Urban Outfitters do them too.

Advertisement