Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jesus. It's actually happening....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

jtsuited wrote: »
    yup sure ya see this is it. one of the odd things about that Haughey fella was that he was right about the 'leave the artists alone, they are so valuable to this country that if they leave, we're fcuked'.

I think it was a lot to do with 'we can't have anymore internationally famous writers, playwrights, artists, etc in exile' after Joyce and all them buckos never came back.

Two of the people you mention in that list of people who moved here 'during that era', I can say for a fact (from the horse's mouth so to speak) did so because of our tax breaks. Well they liked it here, but when you think of how much money they saved by simply living here, it was a no brainer.

We're talking a lot of money here.

Two things you're relatively safe on here (but don't let the taxman come near you because even because they're wrong doesn't stop them causing you a nightmare) is gambling and music.

Of note too is that after the big bucks stopped coming in ........... they legged it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

well i can tell you now, if all goes to plan in my career, i'll be on the first plane out of here before you can say 'warmer climate, cheaper booze'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

http://www.theperformancelive.com/info.htm

I haven't seen one name of any bands that have paid to play.
    Funnily, the launch night was free in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

something against FLA? you've mentioned them 2 or 3 times in less than favourable terms. know something we dont? if so please share.

and if you think the girl is fat, i shudder to think what you'd consider "normal" to be.

oh and, promoter scam boo-urns etc.

My biggest gripe with 'Fight like Apes' -- is I actaully had to listen to them, and watch them preform. And then read write up's about them saying they're the hot new thing.

They don't have any songs. They have some very nice exspensive gear. But there's no magic to them. They're just smug little rich kids.

If i had lots of cash at my disposal,,I'd like a minikorg,,, they look really cool. I've only played around with one in music maker.

There's nothing morally superior about poor kids. But the way it works here, doors are slammed tightly shut to some people. And a bit too wide open to some others. 'Fight like Apes' get there good gigs and promotion, not because they're any good. If the pitch were more level,, they would've had to learn their chops properly,, and by the time they got to the point they're at now -- they'd be a good proposition for a night out -- or even have song cools songs worth listening to,,,again and again and again.

There are many people i know, who are not musicans, but for who music is their life. They work their **** jobs, day in day out, for a meagre material existence -- the function of which is to keep the familys, who produce the likes of 'fight like apes', in Caviar, cocaine and comfort. All my friends ask,, at the end of the day -- is the elites leave them one simple single pleasure -- it's all they ask -- they're willing to put up with all the other bull****, if they're spared just one precious space, where they no longer feel like slaves.

But,,, you should have seen the looks of horror and disbelief on there faces, when I showed them a few moments of 'Fat like Apes' on you tube.

(And there's no real reason for a popstar to be fat -- when there's perfectly good amphetamines available at good prices -- 15 year old boys just do not toss themselves off, running erotic fantasy scenarios of fat rock chicks through their heads -- it just doesn't happen. -- Amphetamine crystal has such a bitter taste -- but may take you where you need to go --- and maybe even might give you that special groove you need)

You could say I'm jealous...... But is it jealousy when a cotton pickin negreo,, resents the plantation owner,,,,,,,,,, and his fat daughter who thinks she's a popstar.

krd wrote: »
    My biggest gripe with 'Fight like Apes' -- is I actaully had to listen to them, and watch them preform. And then read write up's about them saying they're the hot new thing.

They don't have any songs. They have some very nice exspensive gear. But there's no magic to them. They're just smug little rich kids.

If i had lots of cash at my disposal,,I'd like a minikorg,,, they look really cool. I've only played around with one in music maker.

There's nothing morally superior about poor kids. But the way it works here, doors are slammed tightly shut to some people. And a bit too wide open to some others. 'Fight like Apes' get there good gigs and promotion, not because they're any good. If the pitch were more level,, they would've had to learn their chops properly,, and by the time they got to the point they're at now -- they'd be a good proposition for a night out -- or even have song cools songs worth listening to,,,again and again and again.

There are many people i know, who are not musicans, but for who music is their life. They work their **** jobs, day in day out, for a meagre material existence -- the function of which is to keep the familys, who produce the likes of 'fight like apes', in Caviar, cocaine and comfort. All my friends ask,, at the end of the day -- is the elites leave them one simple single pleasure -- it's all they ask -- they're willing to put up with all the other bull****, if they're spared just one precious space, where they no longer feel like slaves.

But,,, you should have seen the looks of horror and disbelief on there faces, when I showed them a few moments of 'Fat like Apes' on you tube.

(And there's no real reason for a popstar to be fat -- when there's perfectly good amphetamines available at good prices -- 15 year old boys just do not toss themselves off, running erotic fantasy scenarios of fat rock chicks through their heads -- it just doesn't happen. -- Amphetamine crystal has such a bitter taste -- but may take you where you need to go --- and maybe even might give you that special groove you need)

You could say I'm jealous...... But is it jealousy when a cotton pickin negreo,, resents the plantation owner,,,,,,,,,, and his fat daughter who thinks she's a popstar.

Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

jeez , someone needs a hug !

ok, they may not be the saviours of rock n roll, but its just a band ,
    who cares ?

I wish my parents had a been rich so i could have been a muso 24 / 7 !

why get worked up about it -- just make music - if your good , it will come to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I'll have what you're having. Seriously, such an utterly pointless rant, culminated by a nice racist conclusion.

To quote the rock bible:
    "On what day did the lord create krd and couldn't he have rested on that day?"

DaDumTish wrote: »
    if your good , it will come to pass.

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭iquinn

FancyMixedNuts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

Paging Dr. Freud ...

• Advertisement

Paging Dr.Phil ..

I was chatting about this thread in the real world today

This IS the real world ! In the other one you can say more or less what you like and no one bats an eye lid.

In here you get your commas wrong and the whole place goes nuts ...

Savman wrote: »
    I'll have what you're having. Seriously, such an utterly pointless rant, culminated by a nice racist conclusion.

To quote the rock bible:
    "On what day did the lord create krd and couldn't he have rested on that day?"

Racist against who? - The cotton picker or the plantations owners fat daughter.

In Guantanamo bay they give you three choices --- either talk or we'll give you.

1. A good beating with some cut off hose pipes.
    2. Some waterboarding,, with a wet towell and some dirty water.
    0r
    If you think you're tough as ****,,,,,,,,really a ****pig hard core terrorist --- we've got a fat girl with a mini korg

And for anyone snipeing at me -- I still haven't heard one person say "Well,,, Fight Like Apes are actually quite good"

Any suggestions why that's so ?

jaysus, KRD is proper nuts.

although fight like apes are absolutely terrible and i would endure an eternity of The Blizzards before I'd endure more than 1 song of theirs.

Now that's sayin something!!

I think they're pretty good - I liked that Lend me your Face song and as a consequence of your enthusiastic rantings, I had a look at their videos on YouTube which I also enjoyed.

Thanks for putting me onto them ...

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    This IS the real world ! In the other one you can say more or less what you like and no one bats an eye lid.

Sorry I forgot... Some times assembling a sentence is worse then putting one of those flat pack argus things together -- you always end up with a handful of washers and nuts and things, you've no idea where they should've gone :(

Here's some commas I missed out

Some full stops .............................
    and some inverted commas """"""""""""""""""""""""""""
    Some other characters $%£%£*^%*!

Please fit them in where you see fit.

And Am I mad to critisise the children of the rich -- as they might come after me :( --- does that make me mad.
    they're all going to be murdered soon anyway -- by the neo-jacobite forces massing - may aswell get a few digs in while they're still alive ---- there's no point in pissing on anyones grave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Racist against who? - The cotton picker or the plantations owners fat daughter.

In Guantanamo bay they give you three choices --- either talk or we'll give you.

1. A good beating with some cut off hose pipes.
    2. Some waterboarding,, with a wet towell and some dirty water.
    0r
    If you think you're tough as ****,,,,,,,,really a ****pig hard core terrorist --- we've got a fat girl with a mini korg

And for anyone snipeing at me -- I still haven't heard one person say "Well,,, Fight Like Apes are actually quite good"

Any suggestions why that's so ?

Let's keep the thread on topic. There are other forums for discussing other subjects.

I think they're pretty good - I liked that Lend me your Face song and as a consequence of your enthusiastic rantings, I had a look at their videos on YouTube which I also enjoyed.

Thanks for putting me onto them ...

I actually liked the Youtube stuff,,, because it was really distorted and a bit edgy.

But that's nothing like that when they actually play... They don't even really know their own songs... The guy with the Roland plays some sequence -- for a bout 32 bars -- then the band breaks into 8 bars one chord -- 4 bars another chord -- another 4 bars another chord -- then the <snip> girl starts to "sing" -- then another 8 bars some chord, 4 bars something else ,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't know -- it's like a <snip> rockschool band thing -- but maybe that's some cool thing they're doing that I just don't get

Sorry for being off topic
    but you'know how these things just drift out.

man this KRD guy is bringing some good entertainment here in the absence of me and brewer going at it.

• Advertisement

I actually liked the Youtube stuff,,, because it was really distorted and a bit edgy.

So now you like them .......?

Well balanced. A chip on both shoulders.

Well balanced. A chip on both shoulders.

Seziertisch -- I used to get upset -- when the children of the rich would laugh a the chips on my shoulder --- They used to say "oh,, look that young man,, he's not wearing the right trainers and jeans --- and --- aaw haaw haaw,,,,, look at those chips of poverty on his shoulders --- aaw haaw aaaw haw"

But it's ok now,,, Seziertisch.... I know exactly what your kind are worth. There's no chips anymore -- just wings :P

Seziertisch -- I used to get upset -- when the children of the rich would laugh a the chips on my shoulder --- They used to say "oh,, look that young man,, he's not wearing the right trainers and jeans --- and --- aaw haaw haaw,,,,, look at those chips of poverty on his shoulders --- aaw haaw aaaw haw"

But it's ok now,,, Seziertisch.... I know exactly what your kind are worth. There's no chips anymore -- just wings :P

Dav, your Post as Boards Poet Laureate may be in Jeopardy!

... You know exactly what my kind are worth? As far as I know you know absolutely nothing about me, and I mean nothing, not who I am, not what my background was or is, absolutely nothing. Also, class in not an issue around here in any shape or form. We are here for a shared interest in music production. We do not care what someone's background is, rich or poor or somewhere in between, this has sweet fa to do with music production.

And whether you were bullied or not by the kids of the rich has nothing to do with Fights like Apes (unless of course they were the ones who bullied you, which they probably weren't). For a man with wings what happened when you were a kid shouldn't be weighing you down like it is, so much so that you feel like going off on one about it on a forum to a bunch of complete strangers. And what's more its the music production forum not even personal issues where it would be somewhat understandable.

Also, if you really do have wings then you shouldn't be going so low as to attack the lead singer of the band band for her personal appearance. Fair enough you don't like their music, but that was a pretty personal attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I'd like to ask krd how he knows the families of FLA are rich. seen wages slips have you? know them personally do you?

and again, how you think that girl is fat is beyond me. you must find posh spice attractive.

i've never heard such a badly constructed bull**** argument. lets hear your album then krd, if fla are so ****....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

... You know exactly what my kind are worth?
    Dude, pack away the troll food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

jesus....:rolleyes:
    krd - you can rant all you like about FLA here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055403105

dont think this forum is a suitable place to be throwing around personal attacks on bands.

so how bout them kids getting ripped off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

I thought that only happened with apostophies :) btw KRD's rant, what>?

(That arrow thing's ju'st for you Paul)

Oh, and bring the thread back on topic ffs.

Not knowing fla all that well i looked up some pictures. She's not fat. You got a problem maybe.
    Even if she was, the bigger the cushion the better the pushin.

• Advertisement

KRD has been warned.

Any more posts of that nature will not be tolerated and will result in a ban.

We'll let the Apes fight but not us, at least not about stuff that isn't Music Prod :D

As Raindog says

Back on Topic!

Advertisement