Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend premiership (and all other football) 22/23 Nov

Options
  • 20-11-2008 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

So any nice bets goin this weekend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

City - Arse +2.5
    Chelsea v Newcastle + 2.5
    Villa v Man Utd away
    Liverpool v Fulham home

13/2

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Walsall 13/8 at home against the MK Dons and Port Vale 19/4 away to Wycombe wouldn't be the worst bets in the world. The Port Vale price should get bigger the closer the match comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

manu -1
    arsenal
    celtic

8/1

haven't had a bet up in a while..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

United -1, really? I'm not so confident (as a united fan). Villa are on form and will be high in confidence after last weekend. Berbatov is injured for us, and the talk is that it'll be Gary Neville at RB. If that's the case, Ashley McYoungYoung will molest him 100 times as much as Nasri did :(

Having said that, we've won 11 of the last 12 matches against them.........

Tevez should hopefully do a job for us with Rooney though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

manu -1
    arsenal
    celtic

8/1

haven't had a bet up in a while..

Not so sure about arsenal - they're up and down like a yoyo and there seems to be more unrest within the camp now with Gallas' comments.

• Advertisement

Yeah the Arsenal game could go either way... City are either red hot or cold as ice! And as you said, Gallas' comments......

Think I may go with

Rangers
    Real Madrid
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Celtic

€20 returns 70

Liverpool are the only ones I'd be in any way worried about really

Dave! wrote: »
    United -1, really? I'm not so confident (as a united fan). Villa are on form and will be high in confidence after last weekend. Berbatov is injured for us, and the talk is that it'll be Gary Neville at RB. If that's the case, Ashley McYoungYoung will molest him 100 times as much as Nasri did :(

Having said that, we've won 11 of the last 12 matches against them.........

Tevez should hopefully do a job for us with Rooney though.

yeah its a bit of a punt.. not to worried about berba though he's still not mr dependable in the prem anyway..

also think united might be out to prove something

Hopefully soaring high after the Stoke match :)

honestly can;t think of why i put arsenal in now that you point it out.. maybe cause every man city match i've seen this year has been sh*te but thats about it..

doubts creepin in now;) may have to select another bet just to insure this one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

what about leeds at home to hartly pool 8/11 . after that 5 2 cup game
    in blinding forum lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

This seems like the hardest weekend of the Premiership yet- cant see any value at all - week to avoid

Done a double for the CL next week
    Chelsea @ 8-11
    Barcelona @ 10-11

I recommend Barcelona outright too - best price 11-2 - Messi is out of this world this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Man U and Chelsea to both draw is just over 20/1. Man U would be happy with a draw vs Villa and Chelseas home form is very up and down

City and Arsenal over 2.5 is a good bet, city have successfully done this every match at home, only team in the premiership to do it and without their keeper should have no problem conceding some :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I fancy a punt on rooney to score 1st

ronaldo has a long way to travel back after that brazil match, where he didnt do much.

Berbzy is out, and as much as i like tevez i cant see him netting first (watch me eat my words.)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

d-gal wrote: »
    Man U and Chelsea to both draw is just over 20/1. Man U would be happy with a draw vs Villa and Chelseas home form is very up and down

theres no way united would be happy with a draw! yea villa had a good result but manu are already behind the pack fancy united to win and if they draw or lose id be still happy :D

yea chelsea's home form has been slightly ropey of late but c'mon newcastle they went over 3 years without a defeat i cant see them drawing to these?! a ton of injuries for newcastle i expect an easy win..

man city +2.5 looks good however!

went with the top 4 to win 11/2 with spoilsports

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Gallas has just been stripped of the captincy of Arsenal and is dropped for the Man City game, wonder what effect it will have on Arsenal.

I reckon, I'll be doing all double combo's of the top three, along with +2.5 on the Chelsea & Arsenal games - will decide tomorrow for certain

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

redfan wrote: »
    what about leeds at home to hartly pool 8/11 . after that 5 2 cup game
    in blinding forum lads.

Yeah it's a great forum we have here! ;)

Prior to that cup game Leeds only won one of their last four games and that was against pathetic Cheltenham. Form not that great although they will probably beat Hartlepool. Price is probably about right though.

I put a 10er on City... It may work out, it may not. Not to worry, I have it covered with this :D :

PSV
    Bayern
    Rangers
    Celtic
    Real
    Chelsea
    Boulogne
    Burnley
    Wolves

Guaranteed :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Havn't touched arsenal in A LONG time because consistency is not their friend, would almost be tempted to back city, but knowing arsenal they would just come along and find a way to do me out of my cash. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

DEADCERT TREBLE
    United to beat Villa 4/5
    Reading to beat Southampton 2/5
    Wolves to beat Blackpool 1/2
    United cant afford to lose, if they do there f*cked for the league.
    LUMP ON IT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

William Hill are going 13/8 for Darren Bent to score anytime against Blackburn, this is a good price for an in form guy versus the worst defence and out of kilter with the other bookies by about 33%.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

South Africa (-9) 3/1 to beat England, think its a great bet considering this will basically be SA's biggest game of tour, and they'll wanna go home on a win, plus England are in poor form!

Not quite football but...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Had some good wins yesterday so I've thrown on a good few bets.

Wolves & Reading double.
    Chelsea & Liverpool double.
    Torres anytime goalscorer.
    Xerez & Kaiserslauten double.

Accumulator :
    Dunfermline v Morton
    Burnley v Doncaster
    Cercle Brugge v Mechelen
    Dundee Utd v Hamilton

And the "joke" accumulator of
    Man Utd
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Real Madrid
    Celtic
    PSV
    Panathinaikos
    Bayern Munich
    Rangers
    Galatasaray

Soccervista.com is great for tips and getting all the league tables etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I have gone for a super duper bankroll booster:pac:

Over 2.5 goals @ 4/6
    Chelsea v Newcastle United
    Arsenal @ 13/10
    Stoke City @ 6/5
    Preston North End @ 5/6
    Wolverhampton Wanderers @ 1/2
    Carlisle United @ 3/4
    Leeds United @ 8/13
    Millwall @ 6/4
    Peterborough United @ 4/6
    Bet Type
    Win Accumulator (9)
    Unit Stake
    €10.00

I also have a 7/8 fold bet on the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Real Madrid -1 and Liverpool in a double at 2.25

Fulham are shocking away from home having lost 4 out of 5. Liverpool are good at home. Simple.

Real aren't in great form at all and pressure is building on the manager but once again, they have a very solid home record and they are playing the second worst team in the league. Also, with the international break alot of Real's players could have gained an increase in morale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Trampas

Peterborough
    QOS
    Leeds

Reading
    Wovles
    Dundee Utd

€10 on each

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Trampas

flynner13 wrote: »
    South Africa (-9) 3/1 to beat England, think its a great bet considering this will basically be SA's biggest game of tour, and they'll wanna go home on a win, plus England are in poor form!

Not quite football but...

Great call

Chelsea and Liverpool fooked a few of us!

d-gal wrote: »

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its official - no-one made any money today!

Mike

Advertisement