Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Welcome to Pathos...

Options
  • 12-07-2003 8:01pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Spurred into existance by this thread... and partly explained here... this is Pathos, there place where the public can discuss contribute and extend the debate currently going on in Logos. The name springs from the Roman idea of debating from the strength of your power base or mob-support.

At the end of the week long debate (during which I encourage you to have your own say here!) you will be asked to vote for the side that you think did the bets job of arguing their side of the case.

I understand that some of these will be emotive topics but we ask that you attack the argument and not the person.

More will follow but for now enjoy.

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Jackie laughlin

Ethos, Logos and Pathos seem Greek to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but for some reason I cannot see that many threads. For instance Pathos says it has 36 threads yet when I click on it I can only see three or something. I can't see any threads in Lagos even though there are meant to be 48 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Cool idea. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Don't forget "Demos" which is what the EU seems to have left behind.:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

Is now a good time for a structured reasoned debate on where things are going or has all the debate already been debated?

• Advertisement
Advertisement