Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate Housewives

Options
  • 09-08-2008 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

When is the new series starting, does anyone know?

Comments

Dammit I thought you were going to tell me it was back!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

http://desperate-housewives.tripod.com/id3.html

Only click the link if you don't mind spoilers.
    8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Graceland

The new series usually starts in January. I have to say that I don't like the thought that they will be going 5 years into the future. I don't think it will be the same. All my friends who love the show all say the same about this story. I don't know why they did this as it was fine before. It's going to be like watching a new show with all the sudden changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lolly.o

I know its starting on Channel 4 on September 3rd.... Not sure about RTE 2 - does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Channel 4 never showed the half of the series after the strike and these are the eps starting on Sept 3. New series doesn't start in US until 28th Sept. No idea when RTE will be showing it.

• Advertisement

E4 just advertised a brand new Desperate Housewives for sunday at 10:00 , which one will this be.:confused::)

The new series of Desperate Housewives is back on Tuesday October 14 on RTE 2. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

Eh, sorry for being pedantic but Desperate Houswives isn't a soap opera, it's a series (ie shouldn't be in soap opera forum).

I know, I know, obviously I've nothing else to worry about......

/awaits abuse :o

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RyanAsh

which series is it that's starting next week??

The latest one , or the brand new series , whichever way you want to say it.:)
    Cant wait.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Opinions? I thought it was fairly awful. The fun seems to have gone out of, susans clutziness, lynettes brutal parenting, edie being a big whore and gabrielles madeness. It was annoying how they waited so long to show what happened in the five years for susan and miek but they didnt't show anything for the other characters. Carlos and gabrielle weren't supposed to be able to have children and now they've two and gabrielle seems so unhappy-surely theres a story there! Orson coming back, did he go to prison or not? What happened with ben and danielle? Katherines daughter and susans daughters are both gone?Lynettes kids seem to have aged about ten years each not 5! I just found watching it really tedious with the lack of explanations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Gabrielle and Susan have morphed into the one character with Susan being more manipulative and Gaby being more of a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

is anyone as irritated by susans boyfriends hair as much as i am. in fact the whole character is all a bit too 1996 for my liking. also they're overdoing the dowdiness of gabbie a bit aren't they. i don't know many mothers who don't make an effort when they go out, never mind someone who was a image obsessed as gabby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 procstar

MsMolly wrote: »
    is anyone as irritated by susans boyfriends hair as much as i am. in fact the whole character is all a bit too 1996 for my liking. .

i love jackson; prefered him in queer as folk, but he's still super fab imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

MsMolly wrote: »
    is anyone as irritated by susans boyfriends hair as much as i am. in fact the whole character is all a bit too 1996 for my liking. also they're overdoing the dowdiness of gabbie a bit aren't they. i don't know many mothers who don't make an effort when they go out, never mind someone who was a image obsessed as gabby.

Yeah I agree about Gaby but I suppose with Carlos being blind she probably stopped making an effort around the house first and then that intensified... I doubt she'll stay that way for the duration of the series though!

Susan's boyfriends bugs a bit too but I really hope Susan and Mike don't get back together ... they'll turn into Ross and Rachel !

• Registered Users Posts: 34 murphy01

I don't think this series is very good, it started well but it's all a bit samey samey. The only good thing is Gaby and Juanita! Very funny. Hope the storylines improve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

This series is gone to the dogs imo.

Barely watchable, and i loved it. Now im not pushed if i miss it.

How can u just fast forward... hope they do a Dallas on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I was kind of thinking it wasn't great for the last while, I'm about 3 episodes ahead of RTE (downloading from the states), I think it's picked up a good bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Can I get it online now? Sidereel seem to have v few links at the moment.

Advertisement