Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paintball......?

Options
  • 10-08-2008 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,

Just got back from an enjoyable paintball trip with a group of friends there yeserday. We were up at a big plac in the south of the country. Its was the first time most of us had tried it and everyone had a laugh, I think most of us would go back again.
    There was a few things however, regarding the accuracy of the gun and the honor system. We were mixed in with with a a few other groups so didn't really know everyone there. It seemed, that while the Marshals were friendly and helpful, they didn't enforce the rules so much. There was a lot of cheating going on, especially as the day progressed and it took away from the challenge and the fun of the game. It was a bit like they(the marshalls) didn't mind so much if you got hit as long as you kept firing paintballs! And a lot of times, the only way someone died was when they ran out of paintballs.
    Also I thought the guns would have been more accurate. So while we really enjoyed it, it could probably have been better.
    I was wondering is that what it is normally like? Or is it usually better? Also have any of you guys tried Airsoft or Laser? How does it compare? Laser Tag looks really good, but there dosen't seem to be any proper outdoor places in the Munster area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

The accuracy of the 'markers' is an issue with rec-ball, or punterball. This is paintball where you rent the equipment. You are using equipment that have been used by probably 1000 different people in its lifetime so it is going to have some ware and tear. Also the quality of paintballs used at sites is a lot lower than that used in competition.

If you want accuracy in paintball, you have to pay the big buck and get your own gear, thats the bottom line I'm afraid. You will notice that some sites do look after their gear, clean it and use paintballs that are stored in the correct conditions and you will notice a marked increase in performance over the worst places, but the will still be no where near that of the €300 markers that you but you self.

As for the honour system and marshalling, that is up to the individual site. Some enforce the rules and want to see fair play, some want to try and include everybody for as long as they can. Its a matter of preference really.

Try playing in another place to see what the difference is like, it could be better, worse or the same.

bobanon wrote: »
    Hi, Also have any of you guys tried Airsoft or Laser? How does it compare? Laser Tag looks really good, but there dosen't seem to be any proper outdoor places in the Munster area?
    That's one for the airsoft forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bobanon

thanks for the reply it was very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

whats the difference between airsoft and paintball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bobanon

airsoft guns shoot plastic pellets and paint ball guns shoot paint in a gel case.

also,

Airsoft Device = classed as a toy

Paintball Marker = classed as a firearm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I have been paintballing a few times and I have to agree the accuracy is not great.

The accuracry of rental markers is not great yes. This is due to the paintballs that they use and the state of the equipment.

If you are playing in a tournament with all your own gear, accuracy is improved 10 fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

airsoft is brilliant i play a good bit and it is good fun.
    the game types are pretty simular but thats where the simularities end.
    airsoft guns- look real, have much higher rates of fire and are cheaper with good beginner guns starting at around 140euro.
    when playing people where real camo and some use guile suites where as a lot of times in paintball they use special jerseys.
    another thing is you need a license to buy a piantball gun as they shoot over 1joul but at the moment anyone can buy an airsoft gun.
    another thing is i dont know if they do it at the sites in ireland paintball uses big blow up cover
    where as in the airsoft sites we use woods building pallets old cars anything.
    really youd find out alot about airsoft if you go to the airsoft thread

nice sales pitch... but you might want to get all the facts right first.
    daz801 wrote: »
    airsoft is brilliant i play a good bit and it is good fun.
    the game types are pretty simular but thats where the simularities end.
    airsoft guns- look real, have much higher rates of fire and are cheaper with good beginner guns starting at around 140euro.

Paintball has the best of both worlds, both realistic looking 'markers', not guns and the space shooter type that we use for the tournaments, called speedball. As for rates of fire, I think that 30 paintballs a second is quite enough. A decent beginner paintball marker will start you off at €120.

Woodsball V Speedball
    bt-tm7-06.JPG

when playing people where real camo and some use guile suites where as a lot of times in paintball they use special jerseys.
    You obviously have not ever seen anybody playing paintball or gone your self and you obviously haven't seen any paintball related picture which usually shows people in camo overalls.

Paintball has two parts, woodsball (in the woods) and speedball (in the arena). Speedball is the tournament version which is set in the inflatable bunker field. Woodsball is the recreational verision. You can get as hard core as you like. I my self have digicam battle dress with matching tactical vest. Others do have guillie suites.

another thing is you need a license to buy a piantball gun as they shoot over 1joul but at the moment anyone can buy an airsoft gun.
    This is true. There is more power in paintball, more responsibility... and more fun ;)

another thing is i dont know if they do it at the sites in ireland paintball uses big blow up cover
    where as in the airsoft sites we use woods building pallets old cars anything.
    really youd find out alot about airsoft if you go to the airsoft thread

Puncuatation would be nice there.... but I will again go back to the point about woodsball and speedball.
    3 sites in the republic have the speedball fields.
    15 sites, including the 3 above all have forests / woods
    2 have an urban feel. Cars, barrels, etc.

So, if you want to find out about airsoft, then head to the thread there. But if you want to find out more, accurate information about paintball, then www.paintballer.is is your first port of call.

Woodsball example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Xj5cEEXiw

Speedball Example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H83R3A2g-xA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

nice sales pitch... but you might want to get all the facts right first.

Paintball has the best of both worlds, both realistic looking 'markers', not guns and the space shooter type that we use for the tournaments, called speedball. As for rates of fire, I think that 30 paintballs a second is quite enough. A decent beginner paintball marker will start you off at €120.

Woodsball V Speedball
    bt-tm7-06.JPG

You obviously have not ever seen anybody playing paintball or gone your self and you obviously haven't seen any paintball related picture which usually shows people in camo overalls.

Paintball has two parts, woodsball (in the woods) and speedball (in the arena). Speedball is the tournament version which is set in the inflatable bunker field. Woodsball is the recreational verision. You can get as hard core as you like. I my self have digicam battle dress with matching tactical vest. Others do have guillie suites.

This is true. There is more power in paintball, more responsibility... and more fun ;)

Puncuatation would be nice there.... but I will again go back to the point about woodsball and speedball.
    3 sites in the republic have the speedball fields.
    15 sites, including the 3 above all have forests / woods
    2 have an urban feel. Cars, barrels, etc.

So, if you want to find out about airsoft, then head to the thread there. But if you want to find out more, accurate information about paintball, then www.paintballer.is is your first port of call.

Woodsball example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Xj5cEEXiw

Speedball Example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H83R3A2g-xA

You told him. . . ;)

I haven't been airsofting yet so I won't start compareing

• Advertisement

fr point on some of them but with a hopper and gas bottle on that mp7 it will look ridiclouse.
    and i thaught paintball markers were semi auto when i went it was, and people wore jerseys not real camo.
    and i daubt a good painball marker would sell for for that price.

fr point on some of them but with a hopper and gas bottle on that mp7 it will look ridiclouse.

Who says that you had to put a gas bottle on there? We have lovely things called remote line that allow you to put the bottle on your back. Re the hopper, they are getting smaller all the time and you don't even notice it really. End of the day, paintballers are not as obsessed with how we or the equipment looks that than how good a player we are.

and i thaught paintball markers were semi auto when i went it was, and people wore jerseys not real camo.

you 'thaught' wrong. All site markers like the ones you rent are all semi because they are mechanical and cheap. Spend a few quid and you can get an electronic one.

and i daubt a good painball marker would sell for for that price.

'daubt' it... take a look:
    £88http://www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk/Paintball_Guns-Smart_Parts-Smart_Parts_Vibe/c7_33_194/p833/Smart_Parts_Vibe/product_info.html
    £95 http://www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk/Paintball_Guns-Smart_Parts-Smart_Parts_SP1/c7_33_193/p832/Smart_Parts_SP1/product_info.html

So perhaps a little research and spell checking is needed .

ahhhhhh but the first one is semi auto and it doesnt say about the second not the best markers are they. Good aeg's start at around 100euro and they are full auto and aren't ruined by a hopper.
    and your prices are a bit wrong it says 170euro and 210euro. So maybe you need to check your facts!!!!

ahhhhhh but the first one is semi auto and it doesnt say about the second not the best markers are they.
    Again, will you learn how to put a sentence together properly and I am not sure what you are trying to say. ''The Vibe is an electronic marker'' from the original link that I had up. Electronic being not mechanical....

and your prices are a bit wrong it says 170euro and 210euro. So maybe you need to check your facts!!!!

That company just updated their prices in the last few days. I found another company with the proper prices.

Good aeg's start at around 100euro and they are full auto and aren't ruined by a hopper.

Consider this your last warning. Your are now trolling the paintball forum. You are not contributing anything useful here at all. At least have the sense to google paintball and see what it is about before posting here.

Stay in the airsoft forum where you belong.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

just like to point out that my ego can do 42 balls per second,

beat that

ye ok whatever ditpaintball (grammer freak)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement