Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Hall (2008/2009)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

you have a les paul:eek::eek::eek:
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

my epiphone acoustic is pretty sweet too:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

quirkster wrote: »
    you have a les paul:eek::eek::eek:
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

my epiphone acoustic is pretty sweet too:P

Its only an epiphone but It sounds good. Im gonna plug my solo. :D

And I didnt know how long that other guy had been playing. Bless him.
    What model is the epiphone?

haha u made bits of him anyway!

man i have not one clue.
    i taught myself in first year and wrote my own songs and **** and was quite good by ty but i kinda stopped jamming from 5th year to now so the tips of me fingers need to be hardened again!hope to get back into now big time in college

Aye, I had to give it up myself during the leaving cert. It got in the way of studying. :(
    The calluses shouldnt take to long to reappear on the tips of your finger If youve had them before. And you could always switch to a lighter gauge string If it still hurts.
    You'll have plenty of time in college anyhow. What sort of stuff do you play?

classic rock would have been my genre to listen to, but my own stuff would be fairly mellow/indie rock kinda.
    you?

• Advertisement

Used to be classic rock but now its more britpop. Oasis, stone roses, the verve.
    Anyhow Im off to the leaba, early start tomorrow. C ya around. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

You got that off videojug didnt you....;)

Perhaps.. :D

I'm bringing my electric guitar, but not an amp.. thought I'd see what the sitch was like before making any incredibly-dischordant noise at loud volumes. I prefer playing my guitar without an amp anyway, since I'm terribly bad. Still enjoying learning to play though.

I also have two Vortex Mini Howlers!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Just want to wish everyone the best of luck with Halls tomorrow. I can't wait to move in!

Aww man it's half past midnight and I have to get up at 6.15 this morning....arghhh! Less than 6 hours away, ouch.

Anyway I know a lot of people have long journeys ahead of them tomorrow so safe driving everybody.

Woohoo, Halls here we come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Whoo! Finally finished packing. :) But it's twenty to three and I need to be up at 7. :( Should probably go to bed soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I'm supposed to be up at six, and yet I'm here, watching Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

I'm so cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

The spelling...it hurts mine eyes.

People. Please. If you are actually as borderline-illiterate as you all appear to be, Firefox comes with a built-in spell-check facility. Use it. You wouldn't write like a 13-year-old Offalite leaving Bebo comments to her cousin/brother in an essay, so please don't do it here. Or I'll ban you.*

Secondly: ah, this thread brings me back. Handy tip: your car will probably be parked nowhere near your apartment building. But WAIT! There will be shopping trolleys scattered around Halls tomorrow. YES, they fit into the lift! Grab them, even if you draw blood doing so. They will save you from serious back injuries from your trying to haul every single possession you ever owned up 4 flights of stairs [Freshers, man...]. Thank me at the end of Fresher's week.

*by nicking ApeXaviour's laptop.

Pet wrote: »

People. Please. If you are actually as borderline-illiterate as you all appear to be, Firefox comes with a built-in spell-check facility. Use it. You wouldn't write like a 13-year-old Offalite leaving Bebo comments to her cousin/brother in an essay, so please don't do it here. Or I'll ban you.*

Secondly: ah, this thread brings me back. Handy tip: your car will probably be parked nowhere near your apartment building. But WAIT! There will be shopping trolleys scattered around Halls tomorrow. YES, they fit into the lift! Grab them, even if you draw blood doing so. They will save you from serious back injuries from your trying to haul every single possession you ever owned up 4 flights of stairs [Freshers, man...]. Thank me at the end of Fresher's week.

*by nicking ApeXaviour's laptop.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
    Verdict: : Incorrect use of word 'Or' to start a sentence, excessive employment of hyphens.

anyone up for getting 'Halls' tattoos today??

i have wayyyyyyyy too many bags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Pet wrote: »

No need to back seat mod. :rolleyes:

And be nice to the Freshers. You've all managed not to go blind despite my appalling use of grammer and spelling over the years.

(This said making an effort is polite and text speak is absolutely appalling)

I'm the only person in Halls desperate enough to use the Net on my phone, haha..
    I'm in "The Annex", ie the only house without a lift. 6th floor, 11 flights, 82 steps grumble grumble no internet

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Woohoo, I got my internet working last night! Thank God there is a guy in my apartment who does Computer Science because there wasn't a hope I would've been able to do it myself. Quite the complicated process!

Yeah, I feel Baza's pain as I, coincidentally, am also in the Annex. Whoa, it was pretty hard(that's an understatement!) to get all my luggage up all those stairs, but I'm not on the top floor thankfully.

Yeah, Halls is as brilliant as I thought it would be! The Halls weekend thing was some craic. There's just so many people though, I've met so much people and swiftly forget their names, I usually remember their faces and where they're from but I'm terrible with names.

I think I might get a push-scooter for going in to college.. only problem is they're pretty damn expensive for an adult sized one - €90 for the cheapest one in Skate City in Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

And they look ridiculous. Might as well get rollerblades. Or a bike. Bikes are great.

I don't care what it looks like; roller blades are more expensive; bikes are too damn dangerous. All I care about now is price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Walking is the cheapest (and clearly best) option. :)

• Advertisement

Bikes aren't dangerous if you cycle on the path. But um... pedestrians sometimes get sort of angry.
    (Still, after almost getting hit by taxis far too many times, I'd take the glares of pedestrians over dismemberment.)

Walking is the cheapest (and clearly best) option. :)

If I was walking in from Halls it would take about 45 minutes, but if I was on a scooter it would probably only take 20 or less, which is quicker than either bus or luas.

Biking on the footpath is a nice option, but I don't own a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Bikes aren't dangerous if you cycle on the path. But um... pedestrians sometimes get sort of angry.
    (Still, after almost getting hit by taxis far too many times, I'd take the glares of pedestrians over dismemberment.)
    Cyclists who cycle on the footpath are stupid and dangerous. I say this both as a pedestrian and a cyclist. The paths just arent wide enough, and you're too close to many things to react in time.

Scooterists who scooter on the footpath?

Cyclists who cycle on the footpath are stupid and dangerous. I say this both as a pedestrian and a cyclist. The paths just arent wide enough, and you're too close to many things to react in time.
    Some paths aren't wide enough. There are other paths that are fine. Just like there are some cycle lanes that are fine, and other cycle lanes that are very dangerous to cycle in - I mean things like massive potholes that mean you have to suddenly swerve out of the cycle lane unless you want to go flying, or lanes that are honestly and frankly not big enough for a bicycle another car to fit in, let alone a bus. (Though I have to say, my experiences with buses have been fine. It's taxis that are the problem.)

Also... too close to many things? I'd rather hit someone's parked car, or their wall, than a line of moving traffic.

Screw parked cars, or walls. The number of times my grandfather was nearly struck by cyclists not paying attention to the quite obvious large driveway entrance as he walked out was ridiculuous. A good friend of his previously had their pelvis broken thanks to being smacked into by a guy on a bike.

Order of scale says : Cars should have to be careful around cyclists. At the same time, cyclists then need to be careful around pedestrians.

I agree with you certainly, I was hit by a bike before and it's not fun, but I trust myself more not to hit a pedestrian than for a car not to hit me. It's also a case of damage limitation. A bicycle+car/bus collision is far more likely to be fatal than a bicycle+pedestrian collision. You can argue that a bicycle+pedestrian collision is more likely to happen, but that's also a question of where you cycle. (Pedestrians don't much like walking by very busy roads, which works out well for everyone - cyclist gets to use empty path and avoid traffic, traffic gets to drive in cycle lane without paying out for hospital bills.)

You might have guessed I'm a little bitter about it all. : p

I'll restate my original intention for the sake of not getting further off topic by debating this any more: Cycling isn't too dangerous really, and if you're desperate and smart about it, you can use the path. I don't know what the Dartry - TCD route is like so I can't say for certain, but it's probably grand.

Anyway, Baza210 isn't terribly concerned about bicycles.

Heheh anyhow, for the record, the Dartry - Trinity stretch is an alright cycle (least from Rathmines onwards) - a few hairy spots but if you're used to cycling in an anyway slightly busy spot you'll be fine.

anyone know when the gym is open in halls?its tiny but theres enough stuff there to get a decent session. id prefer it to the one in trinity for most workouts if its open early in the morning....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jimdw

I live in the 84 apartment and I get very little interaction with other tenants in my apartment. I never speak to my roommates. I see people on kitchen in other apartments having a chat, that never happens in my apartment.
    Although outside in Trinity Hall and in College it's brilliant, I always talk to somebody.
    Am I alone?

Advertisement