Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Set: Big Brother + Zombies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I really enjoyed this last night.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be at home for the rest of the week to watch it, but I might record it or something instead.

It was absolutely brilliant when
    yer one turned around to the housemates and started screaming at them for being IDIOTS. I've wanted to do that since that show was invented.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

seamus wrote: »
    That surprises me :)

The real Big Brother 9 was in progress when this was being filmed, so they couldn't use the real house.

The eviction at the start was recorded on a real eviction night as part of that weeks event. an extra treat for the attending eviction crowd if you will.

Just watched this online (don't worry anyone, it's on their official site). And I have to say that it's a pretty decent show. Good scares and fantastic looking zombies.

The good thing bout watching it online is that its up there for 30 days and the show lasts a week, so if you wait until the end of the week you can watch the episodes one after another. Click here to go direct to the site. It's free! Man, wish RTE did something similar. But then again, I wished RTE would make shows that were actually worth watching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Damn that needed to be an hour long!

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Agreed..
    as the truck was racing off, I was all set for their arrival at the chemist!

Well, bollocks! :(

Very enjoyable stuff.. hope it stays this good for the week!

PS - was meant to mention this yesterday. You know the housemate who was nicknamed Gollum? Forget his name.. he's a professional comedy actor, right? Convinced I've seen him a few episodes of 'I'm Alan Partridge' or something.

EDIT: A-ha... Kevin Eldon - that's him!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

basquille wrote: »
    PS - was meant to menton this yesterday. You know the housemate who was nicknamed Gollum? Forget his name.. he's a professional comedy actor, right? Convinced I've seen him a few episodes of 'I'm Alan Partridge' or something.
    Kevin Eldon. He's been in loads of stuff; Partridge, Big Train, Brass Eye, Hot Fuzz...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

worried after tonights pretty uneventful episode that this series wont be long enough to get anywhere interesting enough to finish the story!

Yep he's one of the "Armando Iannucci set"- Kevin Eldon.

edit beaten to it.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

mike65 wrote: »
    Damn that needed to be an hour long!

Mike

I felt robbed I thought it was going to be hour long :( . Its very well made so far bar the frantic camera work in the first episode. I'm just waiting on director guy to get his come up em's he is far too annoying a character to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ah yeah, but thats going to be the most obvious character killing ever. they're really doing a "bad guy by numbers" build up of his character. i guess the twist will be pippa kills him. as a zombie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I really like the director guy, I'm rooting for him to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

I agree that it needed to be an hour long, but at least the next episode is on tonight.

Also did anyone else feel that for a 30 minute show there was a bit too much time wasted, e.g. too long a flashback to last night at the start, and the bit in the middle where they showed all the characters with a music playing over it was unnecessary.

But I'm still enjoying it, and tonight's episode should hopefully be good, and fairly action packed.

matrim wrote: »
    Also did anyone else feel that for a 30 minute show there was a bit too much time wasted, e.g. too long a flashback to last night at the start, and the bit in the middle where they showed all the characters with a music playing over it was unnecessary.
    But it's not a 30 minute show.. or doesn't feel like it. It's just short of a 2 and a half hour movie so there's more than enough time for some atmospheric buildup or a montage.

But the recap was taking the piss a bit alright.. I tuned in at 10.03 (and was recording it on Sky+) but I rewound in case I missed anything. Close to 3 minutes of a recap! :eek:

DVD out next Monday - http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6059447/Dead-Set/Product.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

But it's not a 30 minute show.. or doesn't feel like it. It's just short of a 2 and a half hour movie so there's more than enough time for some atmospheric buildup or a montage.
    [/url]

Good point, I wasn't thinking of it that way because of the way it's being show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Got to see it on E4 catch up, will it be on C4 though?

There's something cheap about it, even though they obviously had cash to splash, Zombies are all over the shop. One minute their old school zombies the next their like the infected from 28 days.

Nice to see Zack back on the screen though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

According to TV Guide, it's being shown in it's entirety next Saturday (1st) at 10pm on E4, will check it out then (2h 45 min feature).

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

phasers wrote: »
    I really like the director guy, I'm rooting for him to live.

lol at him taking a spluttery dump in the bucket tonight tonight.

KevIRL wrote: »
    lol at him taking a spluttery dump in the bucket tonight tonight.
    "Glad you applied?!"

Line of the night.. how I LOL'd! :D

She is a stupid cow though! I'm starting to warm to the cretin producer.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Good show..all thats wrong is that the eps are too short...shoulda waited til the full one on the wknd

• Advertisement

God that would really piss you off, wouldn't it? :p

Mike

Patrick was the star of tonight's show... so many class lines!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Patrick was the star of tonight's show... so many class lines!

Star of the series imo

KevIRL wrote: »
    Star of the series imo
    Yep, utter class!

Anyone think he's more than a tad reminiscent of Mr Brooker! :D

Yep, he the alter ego alright, so we came presume he'll lead everyone apparent safety only to have sent them into a trap and the cast gets eaten.

Mike

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Enjoying the series so far; as people have said, it feels like a movie with production values to match. Plus, so much gore! Even most zombie movies aren't as grusome as this 'un. Of course, this being the genre that it is, I'm stealing myself for the downer ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

This show has been great craic

Hope they give it a fitting end tonight

Patrick is a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Really enjoying this

Like a lot of others I would say this would be a lot more watchable all in one chunk - the short episodes dont do it any favours imo

Well spotted on the Patrick as Brooker's alter ego.

I wonder if there would be scope for a proper television series with Zombies in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I wonder if there would be scope for a proper television series with Zombies in it?

I was thinking that myself it would make a great series, they could call it "28 Seasons later" or something :D

Great show I wasn't sure while watching the first half of episode 1 if it was going to be any good, but it has exceeded my expectations.

Mad Zombie Brian was excellent as was Davina :)

• Advertisement

Patrick had a fine death I must say!

An exellent series/film/call it what you will. It appears to have been a good solid ratings success for E4 so hopefully Brooker will get another chance.

by the way Screen Wipe is back on Nov 18th (I think)

Mike

Advertisement