Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third boards.ie kit order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rogerb

rflynnr wrote: »
    I can't seem to see a size chart for the shorts on the Fcarvalho site. Is it the same as for the tops?

I think that on their size chart (http://www.fcarvalho-ciclismo.com/clo/f_carvalho_sizing.doc), the chest measurements tell you what size you need for the tops and the waist measurements for the shorts / tights.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Thanks Raam - no-one would accuse me of being skinny. I'm not actually fat but there's room for improvement waistwise. I'm a 32-33 waist and a 38-40 chest so that suggests the medium as per the Fcarvalho size chart but I sense from earlier contributions that it might mean a large in the training jacket. I don't suppose anyone living in the Northside (specifically Phibsboro area) already has a medium or large jacket I could try on? I could even put in an appearance at the start of the spin on Saturday (assuming there is one) if anyone's bringing their's along.

Take the point about cotton t-shirts too: I was more thinking of a technical fabric in a t-shirt cut. I.e. would one's arms be sufficiently warmed by the jacket alone as winter deepens (to which I'm assuming the answer is "no").

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Thanks Raam - no-one would accuse me of being skinny. I'm not actually fat but there's room for improvement waistwise. I'm a 32-33 waist and a 38-40 chest so that suggests the medium as per the Fcarvalho size chart but I sense from earlier contributions that it might mean a large in the training jacket. I don't suppose anyone living in the Northside (specifically Phibsboro area) already has a medium or large jacket I could try on? I could even put in an appearance at the start of the spin on Saturday (assuming there is one) if anyone's bringing their's along.

Take the point about cotton t-shirts too: I was more thinking of a technical fabric in a t-shirt cut. I.e. would one's arms be sufficiently warmed by the jacket alone as winter deepens (to which I'm assuming the answer is "no").

I have a medium jacket you could try. I'm on the north-side (more east). However, I won't be on this Saturdays spin, assuming there is one.

Beautiful, you're a gent. Should I pm you my phone number (or do you want to pm me yours) to arrange a "fitting"?

We can do something like that, but before we do: what height and weight are you?
    My medium fits just right, and I'm 6'3" and 70kg, so quite slim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Raam wrote: »
    We can do something like that, but before we do: what height and weight are you?
    My medium fits just right, and I'm 6'3" and 70kg, so quite slim.

'Quite' is an understatement -you're a skinnymalinks!

I'm also 70kg but only 5'9''. (As I say, room for improvement waistwise.)

I'm also 70kg but only 5'9''. (As I say, room for improvement waistwise.)

Sounds like you would be medium. I'll PM you...

And, on reflection, my arse isn't getting any smaller...(though that's neither here nor there as regards the jacket).

And, on reflection, my arse isn't getting any smaller...(though that's neither here nor there as regards the jacket).

Well, when I see you, I promise not to comment on it.

• Advertisement

Thanks Raam. Might be a wee while getting back to you. My wife's legged it out for the night and small children are demonstrating first signs of tiredness (practicing Ultimate Wrestling moves on each other etc.) Beddie byes calls...

OK, here's the current situation regarding order quantities and hence (by my reckoning) prices:

Bib tights x 5 (41.75 + 20% surcharge, 8.35 + 20% VAT, 10.02 = 60.12)
    Training jacket x 12 (43.45 + 20% VAT, 8.69 = 52.14)
    Arm warmers x 4 (13.25 + 50% surcharge, 6.63 + 20% VAT, 3.98 = 23.86)
    Cycling Cap x 3 (6.85 + 50% surcharge, 3.43 + 20% VAT, 2.06 = 12.34)
    Drystorm shoe covers x 1 (14.85 + 50% surcharge, 7.43 + 20% VAT, 4.46 = 26.74)
    Bib shorts (light weight) x 5 (33.45 + 20% surcharge, 6.69 + 20% VAT, 8.03 = 48.17)
    Long-sleeve jersey full zip x 2 (36.85 + 50% surcharge, 18.43 + 20% VAT, 11.06 = 66.34)
    Long-sleeve jersey 1/4 zip x 1 (33.85 + 50% surcharge, 16.93 + 20% VAT, 10.16 = 60.94)
    Short-sleeve jersey full zip x 1 (31.15 + 50% surcharge, 15.58 + 20% VAT, 9.35 = 56.08)
    Short-sleeve jersey 1/4 zip x 1 (28.15 + 50% surcharge, 14.08 + 20% VAT, 8.45 = 50.68)

Later today I will send everyone a PM:

- listing what I think you've ordered and what it will cost
    - so you can add, change, remove anything if you want
    - so you can confirm sizes etc if necessary
    - giving you my PayPal details

Just wanted to warn everyone that some orders are being cancelled and that this can potentially affect prices: we've had two cancellations of training jackets and so are now down to 10, so one cancellation more would mean incurring the 20% surcharge.

Items whose price can be affected by cancellations are: bib tights, training jacket, bib shorts. (For all the other items we are already incurring the maximum surcharge so it doesn't matter if people cancel.)

This could get very messy, so maybe the safest thing would be that if you are ordering one of the above items and would NOT be prepared to go ahead if the price were to increase, don't pay me immediately; let me know and I will get back to you when everyone has replied and we know how many confirmed orders we have.

Some people still haven't replied to my original message asking everyone to confirm their orders (I mean the one I sent last Saturday). I've since sent a reminder. If you're not in the habit of checking your personal messages, please do so: the sooner everyone replies, the sooner we can get moving with the order. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Roger- there is no point getting 4 of anything, with the reduction of the surcharge from 50% to 20% 5 works out exactly the same price- so just get another one as a spare.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Free gear for Roger so.

el tonto wrote: »
    Free gear for Roger so.

Well that's my plan rumbled then ...
    blorg wrote: »
    Roger- there is no point getting 4 of anything, with the reduction of the surcharge from 50% to 20% 5 works out exactly the same price- so just get another one as a spare.

Seriously blorg, I hadn't managed to figure that out for myself: if we do end up in the situation of ordering 4 of anything I'll remember that.

But oh no ... this is all turning into one of those game theory scenarios, like the prisoner's dilemma or something, because let's say someone was considering buying something where the current order was 4, well instead they could just do a deal with me to pay half, or something, which I'd keep. But by that reasoning if the current order quantity was 3, no-one would order number 4 because they'd want to wait for someone else to do it so they could take advantage of the ploy above. That way madness lies ...

Just keeping you up to date on what's happening. PayPal seem to have decided that with the amount of money going into my account, I must be running some kind of business. Despite the fact that I have explained the situation to them (twice), they are demanding, if you can believe it, the following information:
    - Valid photo ID (Passport, Driver's License, National Identity Card )
    - Proof of address (Utility Bill)
    - A voided check or bank statement for the account(s) registered on your PayPal account. The account(s) should be in the name of your organization
    - Evidence of tax exempt status or registration with any regulatory bodies
    - Information about the nature of your organization and the type of payments you intend to process with PayPal

They won't let me pay money out of my account until I do so. Anyway I'm resolving the situation as fast as I can and I'm sure it'll be sorted out in the next few days, but in the meantime I do apologise for the delay: I had no idea this was liable to happen.

However, I suppose anyone volunteering to take on the kit order in the future needs to be aware that they may be letting themsleves in for this sort of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

I am going to take up penexpers order but need advice on size.
    I am a bit bigger that blorg where does that put me size wise?

Well, PayPal have finally reactivated my account, and we seem to have found a replacement for one person who had to drop out, so I've sent our order to the supplier and paid them 50% of the cost. They tell me the order is "in production" and say they'll get back to me with an estimated delivery date. I'll let you know as soon as they do.

I'm still chasing a couple of people for payment.

So I'm very sorry for all the delays, but it does look like we're in business now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

rogerb wrote: »
    Just keeping you up to date on what's happening. PayPal seem to have decided that with the amount of money going into my account, I must be running some kind of business. Despite the fact that I have explained the situation to them (twice), they are demanding, if you can believe it, the following information:

They won't let me pay money out of my account until I do so. Anyway I'm resolving the situation as fast as I can and I'm sure it'll be sorted out in the next few days, but in the meantime I do apologise for the delay: I had no idea this was liable to happen.

However, I suppose anyone volunteering to take on the kit order in the future needs to be aware that they may be letting themsleves in for this sort of nonsense.

I had some similar hassle - all they wanted off me though was a copy of photo id and a utility bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

Nice one Roger, thanks for keeping us up to date and thanks for all the work that goes unrewarded! Have noticed a lot more Boards jerseys on the roads these days, cant wait to get the gear to start training again.....well thats my excuse.

Cheers
    TomC

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

+1

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

excellent

good work roger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

+7 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Any chance of sipping in a late order.... I would want a bit of stuff. I PM'ed the creator of this message to no avail. :) -- I thought I had missed out ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

i'd say you're way too late - the order has gone to the manufacturers and is 'in production'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Any update?

Advertisement