Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

autocad question?

Options
  • 20-10-2008 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys im not sure if this is the correct spot for an autocad question, so remove if necessary.
    im a mature student trying to download the free student version from the autodesk website, and for the life of me i cant seem to get it to download! i go through the whole install procedure, pick the version i want, press download and a message comes up saying "a web page has been returned from the web server"..iv no idea what that means.
    has anybody had a similar experience? how difficult would it be to get a version of autocad?i have used the 2006/07 version before.it seems ok.the earlier versions seem a wee bit more tricky!
    thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

what URL are you downloading from ? or how do you have access to a free student version ? can i log in and download it ?
    see if it will work from here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i went on to autodesk.com, under communities there is a students section, u have to sign up, register that u are a student, and then u should be able to sign in and download a free student version that lasts a year(thats what the lady from amicus technologies told me)

oh yeah and is it just the basic autocad ur after ? or one of the specific ones ?

well im studying building surveying, and iv used the architectural version before,so id imagine the architectural desktop version will be my best bet.any luck from that end?

I dont have a college email addie.
    Could wait to see if anyone else has access and wants to have a look. or if you want to temp change your pass and PM me your details i can try.

• Advertisement

i see you can buy a student version of autocad for about 130euro,has anybody here ever tried it?if so, is it worh buying?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Damol

Just remeber that Student AutoCAD will print a message on each plot that identifies the version of autocad as sutdent. It will also embed this into each drawing produced so that no matter who opens the drawings it will always print "educational" on the plot.

sydthebeat wrote: »

tried downloading from there before.dont know if it was my download spped that was at fault but it took over 3 hours to download 6%, and after 12% it told me error, failed-as u can imagine,i nearly threw the laptop out da window!(but i didnt as it cost a bitta sheckels)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

papagormo wrote: »
    i see you can buy a student version of autocad for about 130euro,has anybody here ever tried it?if so, is it worh buying?

I did when i was student. It worked fine for two years then stoped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement