Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easons Signing

Options
  • 20-08-2008 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

http://www.eason.ie/events

Dont know if there is a thread on it already but Noal Fielding and Julian Barrett will be signing copies of ''Mighty Boosh'' 20th Sept at 1pm, Easons O'Connel St.

Im looking forward to this, It would be cool to meet them lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Fantastic.

I've been looking forward to the Boosh Book too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Being stuck in work out in Ballymount means I'd haveto miss this. :'(
    May just book the day off... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

dancor wrote: »
    http://www.eason.ie/events

Dont know if there is a thread on it already but Noal Fielding and Julian Barrett will be signing copies of ''Mighty Boosh'' 20th Sept at 1pm, Easons O'Connel St.

Im looking forward to this, It would be cool to meet them lads.

Im well there when is the book on sale and do you think they'll sign my DVD's
    I cant wait for this I love those guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Bajingo wrote: »
    Im well there when is the book on sale

I think the book goes on sale the day of the signing, Not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

**** I'll still be in hospital recovering from getting a bit of metal stuck into my arm. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i leave the country a couple of hours before this :(

monkeyfudge... i am holding you perosnally responsible for obtaining photos/signatures for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

oh sweet mr. susan i gotta be there!! i've no way of getting there (from cork, so not exactly gonna cycle it) but i have to get there... im freaking out that i didn't know about this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

.........YAAAAY!
    there will be one ****er of a queue outside easons!!

.........YAAAAY!
    there will be one ****er of a queue outside easons!!

Yeah did you see the boosh publicity on their DVD the queue was massive in that signing well over 1000 I reckon...

there will be a long waid id say. does anyone now if easons will do a ticket only kinda thing? ya know the kinda thing music shops do when really popular bands do in-stores? or will it just be a first come first served kinda thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm going to read them a monolugue from Hamlet. Hope I don't get the chokes...

Seriously though, what are you guys going to say? I'm nervous that I'll come across all nervous and fanboy-ish :pac:

phasers wrote: »
    I'm going to read them a monolugue from Hamlet. Hope I don't get the chokes...

Seriously though, what are you guys going to say? I'm nervous that I'll come across all nervous and fanboy-ish :pac:

Yea I know what you mean I think that they would think you are weird if you focus on the show or something because they have a lot more going on for them apart from that you know im just going to say sign this would ye and then moon walk away..might nick some of Noels hair.....

i intend to just swoon, and walk away, slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

You're all a bunch of nerrrrrrrrrrrdddddsssssss! omg i'm so there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

And I'm going to completely ignore Howard.:pac:

If you see somebody wearing a fuzzy purple hat being removed by security, that'll be me anyway ;)

I'm thinking of a creepy stalker-y face and right before the end say some really weird comment...

"You have lovely feet..." *long, silent stare, walk away.*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

wow, sounds like they are in for a lot of hassle from spas being kooky.

FX Meister wrote: »
    wow, sounds like they are in for a lot of hassle from spas being kooky.

Yeah but the Boosh are just to spas being kooky so of course their fans are going to be have you watched the show?

yeah, i love the show. I just think it's sad when fans try to replicate what two funny comedians do instead of appreciating it. It's cringeworthy

FX Meister wrote: »
    yeah, i love the show. I just think it's sad when fans try to replicate what two funny comedians do instead of appreciating it. It's cringeworthy

Yea I know what you mean and it always happens when a person meets a celebrity they are a fan of they go bonkers so yea it is definately going to happen..I actually enjoy watching other people going mad at these kinds of things!

• Advertisement

Think I might buzz along to watch it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Roisin41

I think I'm going to vomit when I see them....my stomach doesn't deal well when I meet people Im infatuated with....

Just bring a sick bag and you'll be fine. I'm just gonna get my book signed and say thanks.

Forgot I'm having lunch on sat so can't make it either. I'll have to make do with my signed copy of the radio show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Wonder what time people are going to start queueing at?

I have a friend going in at 10AM :eek:

she's holding a place for me though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

phasers wrote: »
    I have a friend going in at 10AM :eek:

she's holding a place for me though

10am!!?? Holy crap!
    I was hoping to just turn up at 12.30 or 1.......

I may have to rethink that!

Tomorrow is gonna be a Boosh day - book signing and then I'm heading to the show tomorrow night :D:D:D

I'm the same, for some reason I keep telling myself that only boardsies and their friends know but that can't be true :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

So any funny stories from today???
    I didnt queue up to get anything signed, just hung around for a while and took a few photos.
    Did anyone see the girl in the mirrorball suit?????? :eek:

hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was too hungover to go... :(

Advertisement