Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Day After and "Threads"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055353345

My mum went to CND meetings in the early 80s - my dad sneered at her for being a hippy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Scary stuff. With all the crap between Russia and Georgia and Russia's thread to Poland over the US missile defence system installation this crap could all be very real again.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

Never seen this film but after watching that clip, I must point out that running in a nuclear holocaust is really a rookie error.

Any fool knows that all you've got to do is paint yourself white and lie on the ground.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Threads is just about the scariest film I have ever seen.

It's available to watch in full on Google Video by typing in "Threads".

Apparently it's the most realistic portrayal of nuclear war ever and if you watch it pay particular attention to the last twenty minutes or so when the "new" generation who were only babies or little kids on warday, actually speak. The speech is very poor and almost like radio-talk (two way radio talk!) because of lack of education and less people to speak to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Something that still gets me jumpy is the part in Terminator 2 where your one is at the playground in her dream and the bomb goes off, and all the skin peels off etc:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That scene in T2 is one of my favourite movie scenes ever - extraordinarily powerful stuff...
    Fabio wrote: »
    if you watch it pay particular attention to the last twenty minutes or so when the "new" generation who were only babies or little kids on warday, actually speak. The speech is very poor and almost like radio-talk (two way radio talk!) because of lack of education and less people to speak to.
    That is probably the most horrific aspect of all - the new generation. They are like feral animals.

Advertisement