Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuclear strike public information films

Options
  • 05-09-2008 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭

"In the event of a nuclear attack, the world is likely to become an uninhabitable wasteland..."

Sounds like a great laugh! Who wouldn't want to stick around for that...? ;)

Protect & Survive: the British government initiative advising people what to do if that happened... it succeeds in making people sh1t themselves, that's about its only use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGMdnod8VPI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Retro but not in the cool sense....

Scary times I would imagine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I was a small kid in the 80s but I could get a palpable sense of fear. Older kids and adults were always going on about World War III. After Chernobyl in 1986, when I was eight, a rumour went round that there was radiation in the rain and we'd get ill if a drop of it landed in our mouths. If you only saw how tightly we shut our mouths whenever we had to go out in the rain! :D

My parents' generation probably got the worst case of the sh1ts put up them with the Cuban Missile Crisis et al in the early '60s. They really thought it was the end...

Advertisement