Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten stabbed to death in drunken attack

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Says a hell of a lot about a person if they find a story like that funny.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

drunkmonkey: quit trolling.

conceited banned for his abusive contributions.
    Jigsaw infracted.
    Cop on and calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Says a hell of a lot about a person if they find a story like that funny.:rolleyes:

That they've got a sense of humour?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Similar story over here in the last day or so -

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUKA945720080911
    Australia hunts kangaroo fighter

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australian animal welfare authorities launched a nationwide hunt on Thursday for a man filmed punching and kicking a kangaroo unconscious.

The video, which shows the man using kickboxing-style attacks on the kangaroo as his friend laughs while filming, was sent to the RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) in Western Australia state.

In one scene the man pulls the kangaroo towards him and uses his knee to hit the animal's chest and the man punches the kangaroo's face as the animal struggles to remain standing.

A final punch knocks the kangaroo to the ground where it appears to lay unconscious. It is unclear whether the attack resulted in the death of the animal, which authorities believe was injured, possibly in a car accident.

The RSPCA said it had launched a nationwide appeal to catch the men responsible for the attack and video.

"We are appealing to every media outlet in Australia to help us track down the cowards behind the vicious attack on this kangaroo," RSPCA spokesman Richard Barry told reporters.

"Thankfully this sickening footage has now been removed from the website where it was first seen. The next stage is to ensure that those responsible for this film are brought to justice," said Barry.

"Only a coward would attack an injured and obviously terrified young animal much smaller than himself. We want these cowards to be caught, charged and prosecuted," he said.

Animal cruelty is one of the most disgusting things. The animals are innocent, have done absolutely nothing wrong and are in most cases completely defenceless. I wish the kangaroo had of kicked the bollox out of your man.

If I saw anyone kick a dog or anything similar on the street I'd be straight over (and I have done in the past). And God help anyone that intentionally harmed an animal of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It does indeed... except nobody here finds it funny. Why is it so difficult to get the point the OP is making...?

Look at the story Xavi posted: see how there's no hysterical language and no description of the kangaroo as if it's a person, yet the horror is still well conveyed - just not in a ridiculous sense, hence there is nothing funny whatsoever about that particular style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Dudess wrote: »
    But nobody (apart from a troll who doesn't count) said they thought what happened to the kitten was funny. Some people said they found the hysterical style of writing funny - there's a massive difference.

I don't think what happend the cat is funny, there's some twisted individual out there I agree (but no more twisted than a cat), I couldn't do that to another creature....
    I think "where" it happend was funny, massive difference....
    I'm really sick of rescusing half dead animals from cats, they seem to wound them and make them suffer for as long as possible before coming back and eventually killing them for sport not food, I have a serious dislike of cats for this reason.....I've never encountered a more selfish and cruel animal....If this happend a dog I would be upset and shocked.....I'm an animal lover (but not cat's)...

Karoma wrote: »
    drunkmonkey: quit trolling.

conceited banned for his abusive contributions.
    Jigsaw infracted.
    Cop on and calm down.

ok Karoma, i'm out of this thread....feel 2 strongly about cats...best shut up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Says a lot about a person too if they keep taking things up the wrong way, even if it's explained to them repeatedly in black & white.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

1) The fact that the killing of a cat makes it into a national broadsheet

2) The way it's a copy and paste job of a real murder story

3) The fact that the kitten was "rushed" to hospital

4) The fact that someone stabbed a kitten

5) The juxtaposition of the words "Brutal" and "Fifi".

You have a point to be fair, I just think "funny" is the wrong word.
    You'd wanna be some bastard to kill an animal like that.
    Again I'm no PETA subscriber but ffs like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

It wasn't me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭localhothead

wow , some wonderful people using these boards I must say .

any normal person would have posted in protest about the disgusting cruel vile action
    a person performed on a tiny defenseless creature

but the OP johnny skeleton choose to comment on the way it was reported ?

the fact that the johnny skeleton did this indicates he should seriously consider getting
    professional help - as he has dangerously skewed mental issues.

if you cannot empathise with this evil act , and have nothing better to do with your
    sad and obviously ill mind - than to comment on the articles method of delivery
    then I truly feel for your friends and family - to have to suffer your incredibly soulless wit and insight

personaly my thoughts are this - the person who did this is a danger to people aswell as animals
    is obviously a weak sad little coward , who should really face someone his own size
    but cant - so takes it out on the innocent defensesless weak.

I hate to say it , but i sure hope it happens to him soon.

and lets hope he doenst run into johnny skeletons family , kids or animals in the meantime
    cos that would just so funny wouldnt it ?

in the papers today , an american fire fighter risked his life to save a kitten from a burning aprartment - and actually gave it mouth to mouth CPR to bring it back .

that - is a real man , you are not .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

and actually gave it mouth to mouth CPR to bring it back .

:pac: Roflcopter

I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing at that. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

in the papers today , an american fire fighter risked his life to save a kitten from a burning aprartment - and actually gave it mouth to mouth CPR to bring it back .

that - is a real man , you are not .
    ROFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I also think the style of writing /delivery of the article is hilarious & ridiculous.

Its a kitten for god sake - not a human being. & yes just for any idiot who needs a disclaimer on everything - the person who did it should be dealt with by the guards.

Morlar wrote: »
    just for any idiot who needs a disclaimer on everything - the person who did it should be dealt with by the guards.
    But apparently that is not enough. Apparently we must feel sick to our stomachs with sheer disgust rendering any attempt to recognise humour futile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭paddy316i

It's not so much about the killing of the cat but the person who owned the cat. People get very attached to pets and I can understand why. If it was my pet I would be upset too I'm sure. I haven't read all the posts here but people comparing this to killing animals for meat in slaughter houses doesn't compare. As regards people saying it's funny - they are fools who don't know what they are talking about. I am involved in shooting and have killed plently of animals in my day but thats beside the point. I was shooting with a neighbour ( an ass) who wanted to killl an animal cause it would be "a laugh". When the chance came he nearly started crying and couldn't do it. What am I rambling on about you may ask? People who think killing animals is "hilarious" don't know what they are talking about.

Anyway rant over. Oh please don't start bombarding me with animal cruelty posts - heard them all before (boring)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

paddy316i wrote: »
    As regards people saying it's funny - they are fools who don't know what they are talking about.
    Groan... nobody is saying what was done to the kitten and what the kitten suffered, is funny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

I come from a farming background and I can't understand why anyone would suffer such animal cruelty at all.

I don't say it lightly when I say that I would gladly do time for murder if I ever came across pricks like those who stab ****ing animals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Feckin hate cats.The best way to deal with them is a sack of bricks and a handy canal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just to give my off-topic opinion first: this thread has been ridiculous from the very first page, and has descended into flaming, trolling and general idiocy, and I think it should be locked before half of AfterHours gets banned or infracted.

Back on topic. I actually agree with the OP. The same article made the front page of our local paper here. That is understandable because of local interest. The fact that a national paper chose to place it ahead of more far-reaching issues is just strange. To then use such a writing style when describing the incident is best categorised as funny in the sense of bizarre. I appreciate how hideous the crime was. I think we all do. What I don't appreciate is the sensationalist approach taken by the paper. Obviously they knew the story would attract great interest as pets are commonplace and usually loved dearly by their multitudinous owners. The story wasn't reported for its own sake, it was just used to increase sales and profits.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The article also says that those responsible could do it to a young child next..ffs..idiocy.
    I wonder when the name "fifi" was dubbed on this much-loved family pet..probably during the course of the interview.
    The idea that the killing of a poxy cat should make the news ever,is laughable,especially when there's plenty of human suffering to go around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

An Fhile wrote: »
    this thread has been ridiculous from the very first page, and has descended into flaming, trolling and general idiocy

Perfect for here. Should be stickied.

Degsy wrote: »
    Feckin hate cats.The best way to deal with them is a sack of bricks and a handy canal.

and another thing that gets my back up is drowning cats, don't know how many sacks of dead cats i've pulled out of the local lake....it's disgusting...
    just hit them with a brick and bury them, it's a lot easier on everyone...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Dudess wrote: »
    Groan... nobody is saying what was done to the kitten and what the kitten suffered, is funny...

I agree, and so does he

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

*realises he's responding to troll. Ignores drunkmonkey* degsy,would you not think getting them put down/neutering the cat is not a better idea? *realises degsy probably doesnt... Realises i'm still typing...*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Degsy wrote: »

I'm getting rather tired of your trolling. For now: just stop posting in this thread.

localhothead infracted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I realise this is After Hours and a lot of things are said 'tongue in cheek', but I've modified by opinions of more than one person here based on their behaviour in this thread and what they're willing to post up.

Cats in sacks, and hitting them over the head with bricks etc.. I've a cat, I've also two dogs - all three are treated as family members, we put equal value on all their lives.

And that said, if ANYONE wanted to come here and try harm one of my dogs or my cat I'd quickly put a value on that person's life far below that of my pets and I'd exact very heavy punishment on the idiot.

So the killing of a cat made the national headlines!.. Wow, last week it was Kerry Kitona's tit's in The Star - slow news days happen, don't buy the god damn papers if you feel strongly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

If I ever saw someone do that to a defenceless animal I would beat them within a shade of their life.

Something about someone so violently and horribly killing such an innocent, harmless, defenceless animal that probably never knew any pain or danger and struggled to even understand what it had done wrong to deserve such a cruel punishment.

Honestly I hope this guy is named and shamed because I would certainly pay him a visit. And thats not internet talk, I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Something about someone so violently and horribly killing such an innocent, harmless, defenceless animal that probably never knew any pain or danger and struggled to even understand what it had done wrong to deserve such a cruel punishment.

Well said.

Reading that sent a shiver through me, pity more here couldn't be as sensitive and understanding.

• Advertisement

I wonder if any here who profess such outrage at this incident that they want this guy's head actually give a shít about global poverty, sweatshops, child labour etc.

Seriously, horrific as this incident was, it's just a cat.... You probably passively support much worse crimes on a day to day basis but don't care because it hasn't been sensationalised like this.

Advertisement